Thread: Holiday Workout

themenace72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Durden Fight Club Workout for holiday

I go on holiday mid July and I'm looking to go from the physique I have now (db.tt/5Yxxp0Yb) to something as close as is possible within the timeframe to that of Tyler Durden in Fight Club (images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/26300000/Movie-Stills-tyler-durden-26310143-869-864.jpg).

Embarrassing that I aim to look like someone else - I know - but it is the easiest way to explain my goal, and the ladies seem to drool over his body in FC. As you can see I am not naturally big built, but I have always been slim and very fast, another reason I have chosen the Durden physique over one that is more buff.

AskMen published a routine which they say was used by Pitt (although I am not sure if it is really what he did):

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Here are the exercises that made up his workout. Perform 3 sets of each exercise, taking approximately 60 seconds to rest between each set. Use a weight that is challenging enough that you can successfully complete 15 reps (with the exception of pushups and pullups), but be fatigued on the last rep. However, it must still be light enough for you to maintain proper form.

Monday -- Chest
    25 pushups
    Nautilus chest press
    Nautilus incline press
    Pec deck machine (chest fly)

Tuesday -- Back
    5 pullups
    Seated rows
    Lat pulldowns
    T-bar rows

Wednesday -- Shoulders
    Arnold dumbbell press (like a military press, but start the action with palms facing in and end the action with palms facing out)
    Lateral raises
    Front raises

Thursday -- Biceps/Triceps
    Nautilus curl machine
    EZ cable curls
    Hammer curls
    Tricep pushdowns

Friday -- Cardio
    Walking or (preferably) running on the treadmill for 45 minutes at 65% to 75% of your maximum heart rate

Saturday/Sunday -- Rest"

---------------------------------------------------------------

So my questions are:

1) Is this workout enough to reach my goal (or at least show a reasonable resemblance) between now and mid-July?
    2) What to do about abs?

I'm 5,11, 75kg. Pretty soon my university exams will be complete, don't start work till September. Until then I am flexible all week and have access to full gym membership.

Diet: live with parents so I am little restricted at the moment with regards to what I can eat (its complicated :P). However all fizzy drink, crisps, chocolate, fast food will be ditched. I eat an apple, banana, grapes everyday. Eat veg (potatoes, carrots, turnip, peas) at least four days a week. Eat at least four slices of bread per day.

Hope I given enough / not too much detail and thanks in advance for feedback.
    Last edited by themenace72; 04-07-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Should also have mentioned that the gym itself is pretty big and has a wide range of equipment, according to most people it has all that is needed for most types of workouts.

Double post ***