gymbeam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

strength gains on keto cut

Just as it says, is possible to make strength gains on keto and while cutting?

Or vise versa... Is it possible to cut while making stength gains on keto?

I wanted to run starting strength while on keto but previously my strength as suffered while eating this way. Has anyone else managed to make strength gains while cutting on keto?

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gymbeam View Post
    Just as it says, is possible to make strength gains on keto and while cutting?

Or vise versa... Is it possible to cut while making stength gains on keto?

I wanted to run starting strength while on keto but previously my strength as suffered while eating this way. Has anyone else managed to make strength gains while cutting on keto?
    You are getting neural adaptation to your training, you're getting better at the movement. It wont increase for long and will obviously start digressing the lower bodyfat you get.

edgar6190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edgar6190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edgar6190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edgar6190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edgar6190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edgar6190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edgar6190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edgar6190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edgar6190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edgar6190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edgar6190 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    You are getting neural adaptation to your training, you're getting better at the movement. It wont increase for long and will obviously start digressing the lower bodyfat you get.
    Fuakkk miring avi brah!
    "You dont know anything about them,
    be kind-always"

tfw ☞[gf] [no gf]

M.Benz crew Mod Negged crew
    Real Madrid crew Anti Racism crew
    Narcissism crew Positive crew

harpy20 is just really nice. (+1000) harpy20 is just really nice. (+1000) harpy20 is just really nice. (+1000) harpy20 is just really nice. (+1000) harpy20 is just really nice. (+1000) harpy20 is just really nice. (+1000) harpy20 is just really nice. (+1000) harpy20 is just really nice. (+1000) harpy20 is just really nice. (+1000) harpy20 is just really nice. (+1000) harpy20 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I managed to improve my strength over the first month of my diet. It first started to plateau on my OHP and squat. Now everything has plateaued except my OHP is started to decline a bit at about 2 months.

I'd say if you are still getting noob gains than strength increase may be possible. If not, it may be minimal but maintaining strength is usually great in itself.
    Rustling my jimmies brah?

UIUC Grad Crew
    Chef Crew

ReelAggressive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelAggressive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelAggressive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelAggressive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelAggressive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelAggressive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelAggressive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelAggressive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelAggressive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelAggressive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelAggressive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can tell you I was a stronger lifter when I was fat.
    In the past 6 months I have lost 68lbs.
    With that much fat gone I could care less about how much I can lift.

Well I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place really....

I've dropped from 170 to 150 which I thought I'd see 6 pack abs by 155 and even now I don't seem to be any closer to my goal and mirror wise not that much different to my starting point.

I'm guessing 20lbs can't all be water weight so that keeps me going but weight wise I didn't want to be too small. So after 8 weeks on the diet I'm thinking I can sack it off and bulk and go back to square one or just follow thru till I get results.

Oxidize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oxidize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oxidize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oxidize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oxidize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oxidize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oxidize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Currently I'm on a keto diet, eating 25g net carbs a day while also following Allpros workout cycle. I'm currently on cycle 2 and have had noticeable strength gains. So yes, it is possible. Everyone is different though, therefore your body may react differently to lower carb intake than mine.

carlray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carlray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carlray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carlray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carlray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carlray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carlray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carlray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carlray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carlray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) carlray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Strength gains

I started losing strength when I started the keto diet. I switched to a variation of SL 5x5 and have been making strength gains for about two months. My weight is only down 5 lbs but my measurements have gone down considerably. It's very hard to increase strength but it's possible. As another said, I would be content with just maintaining strength until you get back to a bulk phase.

I think I'm just gonna do starting strength but start with a very low weight so my progression is gradual and much slower than if I started at the weight I can already lift for 5 reps. For example say I can squat 100kg start at 50 or even 40 and work from there. Say I add 5kg a week ill be back up to that within 2 months which is a long time but I'm hoping that by that point my form and strength would be better.

Now I've said it out loud it sounds a bit daft...