Dabballman155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dabballman155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dabballman155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dabballman155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dabballman155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dabballman155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dabballman155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dabballman155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dabballman155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dabballman155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dabballman155 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

morning workout, empty stomach other than preworkout

Hey, so I just started working out at 6am. I set my alarm clock for 540, chug a preworkout upon waking then head straight to the gym. Can I still build muscle doing this or should I just stick to my afternoon workouts because their is no way ill be able to wake up an hour earlier to eat a meal. Wont get enought sleep at night. Anyway , can i still build muscle working out with just a preworkout in my stomach and will it make much of a difference gain wise....... Also should i take anything else preworkout.... glutamine, ect.....?

Thanks, Mark

Registered User ForrestFitness1's Avatar
    ForrestFitness1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ForrestFitness1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ForrestFitness1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ForrestFitness1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ForrestFitness1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ForrestFitness1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ForrestFitness1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ForrestFitness1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ForrestFitness1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ForrestFitness1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ForrestFitness1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I personally work better with a little bit of food in my stomach first. ONly thing is you need to give yourself time to digest.

Up and at 'em at 3:30am APipeDream's Avatar
    APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000)
    You don't need to eat pre-workout, or take your "PRE" before it either. You have been fed incorrect information regarding the need for a meal an hour before working out as well. It is largely a matter of personal preference. If you're not hungry, don't eat. I eat 10 minutes before my workouts because I get up at 4am and usually hungry right away. I do fine. Many people drink a cup of coffee and that's it, many work out fasted. Do what you like.

Up and at 'em at 3:30am APipeDream's Avatar
    APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ForrestFitness1 View Post
    ONly thing is you need to give yourself time to digest.
    No.

dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dabears8273 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Consider a cup of black coffee instead of those pre workout drinks.
    Bears ~ Bulls ~ Blackhawks ~ White Sox

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I actually take either a black coffee or a pre-workout (White Flood) in the morning. Of course, none of those both are necessary for your gains.

I also work-out in the early early morning (5-11am depending on working shift) and I am making gains.

What matters most is your micronutrient and macronutrient consumption during the day, regardless of the timing and frequency of your meals. Doesn't matter if you eat before or after your workout, or even wait a few hours after your workout you would still benefit the same way as anyone else that fits their micro/macro needs during the day.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

Registered User TheBlackChicken's Avatar
    TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Cereal, special K, go lean, fiber 1, and add milk. Takes 30 seconds to make and a minute to eat. I have a bowl of cereal and 2 hard boiled eggs every morning. Simple and fast 5 minute breakfast. If your not getting enough sleep, go to bed earlier.