whatamiat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Half Cage vs Full Cage

I'm looking at buying a cage rather than renew gym membership, wont ever be doing more than 145kg on any lift apart from deads.

Power Rack options:

powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf375-power-rack.php

powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf475-heavy-power-rack.php

powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf376r-half-cage.php

Half cage has dip bars and cheaper aswell so thinking of this, any disadvantage for a half cage?

Also going to buy a weight set, any reason for rubber over cast iron?

powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-145kg-olympic-cast-barbell-kit.php

or

powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-olympic-rubber-radial-barbell-kit-145kg.php

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the power rack is going to be safer as the spotters go all the way across the posts...so, no chance the bar can miss the spotters. you can also do pull-ups on them, hang rings for dips...lots of stuff.

it's more money, but they're better if you can swing it. i don't think there's any reason to buy rubber coated plates unless you just like them better. you'll save a lot by just getting metal plates and they'll be just fine..

i'm also sure those specific models will be discussed in this forum somewhere if you search.

whatamiat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    the power rack is going to be safer as the spotters go all the way across the posts...so, no chance the bar can miss the spotters. you can also do pull-ups on them, hang rings for dips...lots of stuff.

it's more money, but they're better if you can swing it. i don't think there's any reason to buy rubber coated plates unless you just like them better. you'll save a lot by just getting metal plates and they'll be just fine..

i'm also sure those specific models will be discussed in this forum somewhere if you search.
    thanks for quick reply, the half cage I'm talking about has all you mentioned above, add www to the address below (im below 50posts so cant post links)

simon190675 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by whatamiat View Post
    thanks for quick reply, the half cage I'm talking about has all you mentioned above, add www to the address below (im below 50posts so cant post links)

I've looking at exactly the equipment choices you mentioned above, except i also need a bench.

What did you end up going with and are you happy with it?

MannsGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) MannsGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) MannsGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) MannsGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) MannsGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) MannsGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) MannsGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) MannsGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) MannsGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) MannsGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) MannsGym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you have lots of space go full cage, if not go half-it's your own choice. Look at your own goals, big ncaa gyms have both, smaller private sports performance gyms I have seen tend to go more tiwards a half rack. You can get the same options on either one. I just bought an Atlantis half rack, but really considered their full rack. I could get the same options on hoth. For me I wanted to save my floor space. Some people will say a full rack is more stable, I doubt it. Therd ard flimsy full racks that weigh 200-300 lbs and heavy duty half racks that weigh over 800 lbs. These will cost more of course. Personally, the half rack
    takes care of my safety concerns, and if I think I will be pushing my limits I will make sure I have a spot-my wife is in our gym as much as me, and jacked!