Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Meals to take to work for microwave

Hey folks

Looking at a few different meals I can take to work in a tub, keep in the fridge and warm up in the microwave for lunch.

One particular meal that takes my fancy is chicken breast, brown rice and broccoli.

How would be best to prepare this so the nutrients (particularly in the broccoli) stays at its highest?

Or would it be ok to partially steam the broccoli, cook some brown rice and perhaps get some precooked sliced chicken breast and just take that, then just cook till heated through?

Thanks in advance!
    BLUE TEAM

Purpose456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purpose456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purpose456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just eat the broccoli raw, you'll get used to it lol.

so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I cook like 3 days worth of broccoli and corn which I keep in a tubs in the fridge. I then pack my individual meals for each day that morning.

Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the replies, I've read it can be a bit dodgy reheating rice, so I will probably get some uncle bens brown rice microwave pouches and do those seperate.
    BLUE TEAM

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Stu. View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I've read it can be a bit dodgy reheating rice, so I will probably get some uncle bens brown rice microwave pouches and do those seperate.
    White rice is very easy to re-heat. I do this on a daily basis for work. Other than that, I bring a bit of beans, nuts and dried stuff aside.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Stu. View Post
    Hey folks

Looking at a few different meals I can take to work in a tub, keep in the fridge and warm up in the microwave for lunch.

One particular meal that takes my fancy is chicken breast, brown rice and broccoli.

How would be best to prepare this so the nutrients (particularly in the broccoli) stays at its highest?

Or would it be ok to partially steam the broccoli, cook some brown rice and perhaps get some precooked sliced chicken breast and just take that, then just cook till heated through?

Thanks in advance!
    I have some recipes on my site(in the signature below) that would work. Some of my fast favourites are my cheesy rice bowl, nutty quinoa, pizza wraps etc. Maybe some of them can work for you You could also make chicken fajitas or burritos with extra lean ground beef the night before and heat those up. Also mushroom fried rice:
    1-2 tsp olive oil
    1/2 cup cooked brown rice
    2 eggs (optional, stir in a few egg whites as well)
    soya sauce to taste
    2-3 green onions chopped
    1/4 cup sliced mushrooms + 1 tsp olive oil
    salt/pepper

Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and cover. Steam/stir-fry mushrooms until cooked(add water if pan gets too dry). Once the mushrooms are almost finished, in another larger pan, heat the rest of the olive oil. In a small bowl whisk together the eggs with a little salt and pepper. Pour into the hot pan with green onions and scramble until almost fully cooked, breaking into little pieces. Then add brown rice, mushrooms and soya sauce to taste (I usually add about 1/2 tbsp) and stir-fry for several minutes. Once everything is coated pour into a plastic container and keep in the fridge until ready to eat. Heat in the microwave for about 40 secs. and enjoy! Alternatively you could eat this as a side with some lemon dijon chicken.
    "You get out of it what you put into it".

Protein dessert recipes, healthy breakfasts, workouts and more: www.mouthwateringmotivation.wordpress.com
    or
    www.mouthwateringmotivation,com

Fan Page: www.********.com/sambriden18

Food/Bulking Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155764743

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyJcTmyKjflsT9k-w1jJ7Nw

Instagram: sammysamgirl

IIFYM for life.

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I usually package white rice with assortments of meat then a salad on the side... as long as it's airtight the vegetables will stay relatively crisp. You don't have to confine yourself to broccoli OP.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Steam in a bag veggies, cook in bag rice, precooked chicken strips ready for microwaving; laziest lunch I have ever eaten a work but was tasty.

But normally precook a weeks worth and separate it out into containers, other than the steam in a bag veggies the rest tastes better home-made.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823