Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Quitting Drinking Today - Day Zero

I made the decision several weeks ago but took no action and as a result had yet another regrettable incident for which I am remorseful. This evening I will attend my first AA meeting. I have to do something and for me this is a first step. I used to tell myself that I didn't have a problem with alcohol because not every time I drank ended up as a debacle and most were actually fun memorable occasions. There have just been a handful of times in the past year that I've acted like an arse and woke up having to ask someone for forgiveness or issue an apology.

I know this will be a day by day journey and not one I expect to be easy but with the right support system I hope to stay Sober. Make no mistake I am not against others drinking, I just know for me something happens chemically in my body/brain at different times and I don't want to wake up with regrets or worse losing those I love.

So......My name is David, I'm zero days sober and I am an alcoholic.

Thank you.
    www.jettsettfitness.com
    @jettsettfitness
    www.********.com/jettsettfitness
    Pintrest: jettsettfitness
    jettsettfitness@gmail.com

If your WHY is BIG enough the HOW won't be as important!!
    PMA = Postive mental attitude.....don't leave home without it!!

TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TigerBulk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good luck man. I stopped cold turkey about 1.5 yrs ago. It can be done.
    brb eating...

Shysty021 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shysty021 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shysty021 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shysty021 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shysty021 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shysty021 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shysty021 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shysty021 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shysty021 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shysty021 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shysty021 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good luck man and stay strong. 6 months in myself. Like you I would have a blast of a time most of the times, but had some reeaaalll bad ones on occasion. But when I would drink I would go all out, feels good not waking up wit hangovers.
    It aint easy man, just stay head strong.

mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) mma_fiend will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TigerBulk View Post
    Good luck man. I stopped cold turkey about 1.5 yrs ago. It can be done.
    Thanks man!! I believe it can be done too and my resolve is strengthened.
    www.jettsettfitness.com
    @jettsettfitness

Originally Posted by Shysty021 View Post
    Good luck man and stay strong. 6 months in myself. Like you I would have a blast of a time most of the times, but had some reeaaalll bad ones on occasion. But when I would drink I would go all out, feels good not waking up wit hangovers.
    It aint easy man, just stay head strong.
    Thanks bro! Yeah definitely won't be missing those hangovers at all.
    www.jettsettfitness.com
    @jettsettfitness

Registered User TheBlackChicken's Avatar
    TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBlackChicken has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Way to go bro! I had a serious drinking problem in 2011-2012. Drink pretty much every day off, I worked on a drilling rig (7 on and 7 off). The 7 on wasnt too bad besides a few tall cans every night, but my 7 off I was at the bar every single day. I got where I no longer had hangovers because well I was always out partying. My job relocated me to another state and I decided to change my ways. Started with a small goal of trying to go a week without alcohol, then a month, then a season, and so on. Ill still go out with the girlfriend for a drink at dinner but nothing like I used to. Best of luck on your journey, and remember a lot of small goals turn into big ones over time.

Thanks a lot for your insight (TheBlackChicken).

I attended my first AA meeting last night. They turned it into a Newcomers meeting because it was my first one. It was a great meeting and everyone shared their story to some degree as it related to the first three steps of the twelve. Instead of looking for things that differentiated me from others I found that I had a lot in common with them. While I have not lost any jobs, had any legal issues or such a lot of what was said rang true in my thought processes as it relates to how I abused alcohol. I realized that I have probably been in denial for quite some time. As a man we are taught to cover up and not admit we need help however I plan to break that cycle and get the help I need so I can become the man I know I can be and that my friends and family need me to be. I definitely plan to go back to another meeting, perhaps tonight but most certainly this weekend.
    www.jettsettfitness.com
    @jettsettfitness

frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's all up in your mind dude. I stopped drinking when I decided to cut which is the beginning of 2013. So the last drop of alcohol I had was New Years when I was in Hong Kong. That being said, North America isn't even new years yet
    Canadian Crew
    Ryerson U
    ∑X - Beta Omega, IHSV

Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elkahallick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I will have 9yrs sober in April, best decision ever... My advice, hit meetings, get a sponser, work the steps, dont drink..... That simple...... Dont over think things and you will be just fine....

rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hey thanks for posting this! i too struggle with drink, tbh i drink every night, not to excess but minimum 2 cans of beer, maximum 6 cans, bit more when stressed and get concerned it will effect my gains, so trying to cut down to drinking maybe 4 times a week. good on you for stopping it all together, i really wish you all the best!!! would be great to hear how you feel during the process, hopefully to show others its worth doing!! would love to join you but not quite ready yet, hard times at the moment :-/

x1Dylan1x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) x1Dylan1x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) x1Dylan1x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) x1Dylan1x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) x1Dylan1x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) x1Dylan1x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) x1Dylan1x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) x1Dylan1x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) x1Dylan1x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) x1Dylan1x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) x1Dylan1x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm 2 months in brah ! My birthdays Monday though idk da fook to do ! I been doin so good and feel great but I mean .

Its My phuckin birthday
    ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    ☆ U.S ARMY ☆

Jersey crew ! 201 brah

~Injured shoulder crew~

^ Always pick 3 crew ^

☆Active Duty Crew☆

*LBM shave one leg so it feels like a woman is in bed with him*

Registered User DieselAesthetic's Avatar
    DieselAesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DieselAesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DieselAesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DieselAesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DieselAesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DieselAesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DieselAesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DieselAesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DieselAesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DieselAesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DieselAesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck OP. Respek for facing your problem. Would rep but rep power is low.
    *Dallas Misc Crew*

cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How many years of hardcore drinking did it take you to realize you were an alcoholic? I'm 20 right now and I can relate with one of the posts in here in the sense that I go "all out" when I drink. I definitely use it as a social aid as it lowers my inhibitions. In general I just like being hammered and going crazy with my friends, hah.

What advice would you give me to not turn into an "alcoholic", and what signs would you say indicate that I'm going down the alcoholic road?

Good luck with your journey man.

Thanks for all the inspiration and positivity.

My thing is I never considered myself a hardcore drinker although I had a high tolerance and would probably be considered a binge drinker. Typically I would just pass out at home but its those times when I let my emotions get the better of me and have feelings of paranoia etc that it got really bad. I think I really first acknowledged about a year ago but thought I could manage it. I was sadly mistaken. There were times I woke up in the morning with a beer or glass of wine and thought that was completely normal bc I had a great job, hadn't lost anything and could still function. But that is what an alcoholic does they learn to function with their addiction. Within the past three months I've had several what I would term as emotional meltdowns which were only induced bc of my drinking. I took a quiz I googled (I think on WebMD) and scored a 50 percent on whether or not I was an alcoholic. I exhibited many of the signs; I drank to feel better about myself, it had caused problems in personal relationships etc.

I will be working the steps, each one as long as it takes. I also am getting some counseling to deal with my emotional sobriety...some of my thoughts are illogical and immature which isn't cool if you are trying to have a healthy adult relationship.
    www.jettsettfitness.com
    @jettsettfitness

rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rjw99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cjc651 View Post
    How many years of hardcore drinking did it take you to realize you were an alcoholic? I'm 20 right now and I can relate with one of the posts in here in the sense that I go "all out" when I drink. I definitely use it as a social aid as it lowers my inhibitions. In general I just like being hammered and going crazy with my friends, hah.

What advice would you give me to not turn into an "alcoholic", and what signs would you say indicate that I'm going down the alcoholic road?

Good luck with your journey man.
    My advice, stick to social drinking, dont start down the path of drinking at home especially alone. Sitting down with a few beers infront of the tv becomes habit, you dont really wanna watch tv without a drink in the end, and when you do boredom sets in, as I say its all about habit imo. Also if you can go out and either not drink or only have a few without continuing this will help and show you that you are not dependant. Just my thoughts no disrespect to the OP.

Originally Posted by x1Dylan1x View Post
    I'm 2 months in brah ! My birthdays Monday though idk da fook to do ! I been doin so good and feel great but I mean .

Its My phuckin birthday
    Hang in there! I bet choosing to abstain will feel empowering.
    www.jettsettfitness.com
    @jettsettfitness

Originally Posted by rjw99 View Post
    My advice, stick to social drinking, dont start down the path of drinking at home especially alone. Sitting down with a few beers infront of the tv becomes habit, you dont really wanna watch tv without a drink in the end, and when you do boredom sets in, as I say its all about habit imo. Also if you can go out and either not drink or only have a few without continuing this will help and show you that you are not dependant. Just my thoughts no disrespect to the OP.
    I agree and def no disrespect taken. I am definitely not against others drinking I just recognized that I have an extreme personality and it would be very hard for me to go out and just have a few because I'd convince myself I could manage it when my track record has proven I cannot.
    www.jettsettfitness.com
    @jettsettfitness

Originally Posted by mma_fiend View Post
    I agree and def no disrespect taken. I am definitely not against others drinking I just recognized that I have an extreme personality and it would be very hard for me to go out and just have a few because I'd convince myself I could manage it when my track record has proven I cannot.
    Thanks man :-) just a side question if you dont mind, your nick says mma_fiend , I also practice mma well kickboxing, I was wondering how your drinking effected this? Tbh drinking does take alot out of me, mostly staying up later than I should when I have kivkboxing the next day, just interested if you have any comments. Apologies if you just watch mma and its just a nick :-)

face055 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) face055 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) face055 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) face055 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) face055 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) face055 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) face055 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) face055 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) face055 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) face055 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) face055 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    have some measlies brah.

Circaflex is just really nice. (+1000) Circaflex is just really nice. (+1000) Circaflex is just really nice. (+1000) Circaflex is just really nice. (+1000) Circaflex is just really nice. (+1000) Circaflex is just really nice. (+1000) Circaflex is just really nice. (+1000) Circaflex is just really nice. (+1000) Circaflex is just really nice. (+1000) Circaflex is just really nice. (+1000) Circaflex is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck bro, i want to do this myself but i just cant do it yet. I went from drinking daily to once every other week slowly but surely i will also join you in the fight to stop drinking.

Originally Posted by rjw99 View Post
    Thanks man :-) just a side question if you dont mind, your nick says mma_fiend , I also practice mma well kickboxing, I was wondering how your drinking effected this? Tbh drinking does take alot out of me, mostly staying up later than I should when I have kivkboxing the next day, just interested if you have any comments. Apologies if you just watch mma and its just a nick :-)
    Its just a nickname and I am an avid fan. I do apply a lot of the training methodologies into some of my routines and it definitely has affected recovery and the gains I could otherwise be making. I would tie one on and show up the next morning bright and early but wouldn't push as hard as I knew I could.
    www.jettsettfitness.com
    @jettsettfitness

Originally Posted by Circaflex View Post
    Good luck bro, i want to do this myself but i just cant do it yet. I went from drinking daily to once every other week slowly but surely i will also join you in the fight to stop drinking.
    All in let's do this!!
    www.jettsettfitness.com
    @jettsettfitness

So attended my second meeting last night, Open Discussion. The topic was fear which was timely and on point for me. I think for me fear is synonymous with insecurity. I also think I've suffered from "delusional fears" which have no basis in reality. At times I allowed these fears to consume me and the result was compensating with alcohol resulting in the FEAR reaction of "F**K Everthing And Run". I hope to as I go forward on this journey to react or rather manage my way through these types of delusional fears with the FEAR reaction of "FACE Everything And Resolve"

It's a re-education process but one for which I am game. JUST BRING IT!!
    www.jettsettfitness.com
    @jettsettfitness

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Solid move on the self improvement you're making OP. Keep up the good work!

edit: signature is just for the character I made my username after, not a fan of overindulging.
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.

MFC Poor Crew President and Founder.

AaronBabaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronBabaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronBabaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronBabaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronBabaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronBabaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronBabaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronBabaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronBabaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronBabaron will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronBabaron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I made the same commitment. I do drink occasionally, however. I used to drink quite a bit, and every time I drank I'd overdo it. I'm a decently sized individual, and I can drink quite a bit. That much alcohol going into one's system in no bueno. Good job with your choice OP, stick to it. I know it's hard.
    Too weak to post stats crew

Survived my Friday night without an urge to imbibe. Woke up bright and early at 5:00 for a back session and now seated sideline at my son's soccer game. My thoughts are alot clearer today. It's still early in the journey but taking one day at a time is doable. Another AA meeting today and then a father daughter dance tonight for Girl Scouts.
    www.jettsettfitness.com
    @jettsettfitness

Hanging tough and six (6) days sober. I am encouraged and feeling very positive and upbeat. I am also looking forward to faster gains in the gym since I am not sabotaging my metabolic recovery processes by introducing alcohol into the mix. I will hit 1-2 meetings this week but have also been reading the AA "Big Book" which is an easy read and has a lot of truth from an alcoholics perspective. Cheers!
    www.jettsettfitness.com
    @jettsettfitness

nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'll be drinking today, and likely again over the weekend.

-College-

I have made commitments to cut back in the past but at college you are socially shunned for not drinking and (in my case) avoiding people who are. When it happens every weekend people just think of you as a shut in rather than someone who is trying to better themselves. Anyways, I decided that I will drink while I finish up my last semester of college, but will be much more committed to fitness and health after I graduate.

/Sigh.

nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100) nemesix is not very well liked. (-100)
    When I did cut back significantly and stopped drinking for awhile, the main thing that did it for me was finding something else that would occupy my time. Weightlifting and fitness did that for me.

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It sounds like the sober life is treating you well OP. Good stuff
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.

MFC Poor Crew President and Founder.