ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting in shape for Ninja Warrior/Sasuke

Guys, this is something I REALLY want to do. I'm just not sure where to start as far as strength training goes. I've been doing Starting Strength, but I've read the best kind of strength training to do to train for this is with bodyweight exercises. Pushups, pullups, dips, etc. I've read on at least one website that it is also to start by getting a great foundation for strength with a program like Starting Strength, which I'm already doing anyway.

The thing I don't like about Starting Strength is that it requires too much rest in order to work effectively. I want to train on what starting strength considers "off days." The program recommends that I don't do any cardio or anything extracurricular during those days. But I'm impatient! I want to start training for Ninja Warrior right now!!!

So, my real question is, by the time I've been doing bodyweight training for a year or more, do you think it will even matter if I had done starting strength before hand? Like, let's say I did starting strength until I milked the program, doing no extracurricular work like the program recommends. THEN I do bodyweight training for a year or more. Will I most likely be just as strong as I would have, if I had just immediately began bodyweight training for a year or more, WITHOUT milking the SS program? Hopefully the latter is true, because I really want to start thing ASAP. I'm tired of only working out 3 days a week, and just sitting around and getting fat for the other 4 days.

cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well the first thing you want to have in mind is cutting your weight. If you want to move quicker you have to be lighter.

At the moment myself ar cutting from 190lbs, just cut off all the junk food etc(chips,fast food,cakes, sweets ) well you get the idea.

Also drink alot of water, i drink 2-3Litres a day easily.

Next thing you want to do is cardio, you will feel way better , you will need alot of endurance.

About the lifts, I only do olimpyc lifting, for explosive power.

ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItzYerBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for that advice man. But it doesn't quite answer my question.

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cutting weight is probably the first most important thing. Most of the people who do really well at ninja warrior have incredible hand/forearm stamina and weigh 150 pounds or less.

About exercise, I don't know the specifics, but I'd recommend being able to do 100+ pull ups with no breaks. Practice using the various jumping boards and getting your legs strong enough to do the spider jump.

Practice really intense 2 minute sprints that leave you lying on the ground and wishing you were dead, you're gonna need some ridiculous cardiac strength/stamina.

Find some group that does parkour (not sure of spelling), and practice with them. The people who do really well are usually parkour dudes.

So, basically do exercises/rep ranges that give you incredible stamina and an ability to move your body weight around with ease. Get some ridiculously good at sprinting, and practice parkour.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WTF are you using a book called "Starting Strength", which is geared towards helping teenage boys learn how to lift weights, to train you to be a ninja?

mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ItzYerBoy View Post
    Guys, this is something I REALLY want to do. I'm just not sure where to start as far as strength training goes. I've been doing Starting Strength, but I've read the best kind of strength training to do to train for this is with bodyweight exercises. Pushups, pullups, dips, etc. I've read on at least one website that it is also to start by getting a great foundation for strength with a program like Starting Strength, which I'm already doing anyway.

The thing I don't like about Starting Strength is that it requires too much rest in order to work effectively. I want to train on what starting strength considers "off days." The program recommends that I don't do any cardio or anything extracurricular during those days. But I'm impatient! I want to start training for Ninja Warrior right now!!!

So, my real question is, by the time I've been doing bodyweight training for a year or more, do you think it will even matter if I had done starting strength before hand? Like, let's say I did starting strength until I milked the program, doing no extracurricular work like the program recommends. THEN I do bodyweight training for a year or more. Will I most likely be just as strong as I would have, if I had just immediately began bodyweight training for a year or more, WITHOUT milking the SS program? Hopefully the latter is true, because I really want to start thing ASAP. I'm tired of only working out 3 days a week, and just sitting around and getting fat for the other 4 days.
    Lol there is no advantage to using just ur body this will only build endurance. You do not need to follow that ridiculous program. Also why wudnt u train on off day lol, ppl can train 2x a day for 7 days. Increase ur wrk capacity and ur body will heal. PPL do a lot more than wht ur doing on farms for HOURRS.Train hard and read books on the topic. read books by mel siff,louie simmons,tudor bompa, and yuri verkhoshansky. You have been duped. Also eat well you a not building some SUPER BODY by training like 3rdwrld ppl

OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneLastChance is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mastermold View Post
    Lol there is no advantage to using just ur body this will only build endurance. You do not need to follow that ridiculous program. Also why wudnt u train on off day lol, ppl can train 2x a day for 7 days. Increase ur wrk capacity and ur body will heal. PPL do a lot more than wht ur doing on farms for HOURRS.Train hard and read books on the topic. read books by mel siff,louie simmons,tudor bompa, and yuri verkhoshansky. You have been duped. Also eat well you a not building some SUPER BODY by training like 3rdwrld ppl
    Comparing farm work to lifting weights and doing compound movements is laughable at best. Telling someone to work out 2x a day for 7 days a week is not only idiotic it has no bearing and it sounds ridiculous.
    People say all of this crap about genetics this, genetics that. I will never let genetics tell me what I can and cannot do..

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mastermold View Post
    read books by mel siff,louie simmons,tudor bompa, and yuri verkhoshansky.
    I have, none o fthem advocate lifting twice a day every day. Idiot.