hulksmashed31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Contacting the new Basketball coach

Hello everyone
    This fall I will be attending CSUN, which is a division 1 school
    I have had some ups and downs due to injuries, but I need to play college basketball.

As of right now they have just hired a new coach, Reggie Theus. He starts April 15th
    I am assuming there will be major changes to the team, which may be my chance.

I know it seems like a silly question, but at my past community college I contacted the coach through email, phone, person, letter in his box. The times I did talk to him it just seemed he had a roster setup for future seasons, I do not want to let another opportunity pass me.

What is the best possible way to contact the coaching staff?
    -Should I contact the assistant coach?
    -Person/Email/Phone?
    and just hope they give me a date to tryout for walk-ons?

Any advice/guidance will be greatly appreciated

I tried to keep this as breif as possible to avoid the wall of text
    Thanks

RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    show him that you can ball first

habibtizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) habibtizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) habibtizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) habibtizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) habibtizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) habibtizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) habibtizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) habibtizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) habibtizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) habibtizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) habibtizz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    do you have film? It is the same process in a 4 year, you just do not contact the head coach. You contact the recruiting coordinator.

KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Its always tough when a new coach comes in because the next couple weeks things are not set. I would suggest contacting the head of basketball operations, they would be MUCH easier to actually get a hold of than you head coach and they make important basketball decisions working right beside the head coach.

hulksmashed31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by habibtizz View Post
    do you have film? It is the same process in a 4 year, you just do not contact the head coach. You contact the recruiting coordinator.
    Unfortunately, I do not have any film.
    I have high school film (LOL) while I was voted all area, but I am a completely different player now

Originally Posted by KGD54 View Post
    Its always tough when a new coach comes in because the next couple weeks things are not set. I would suggest contacting the head of basketball operations, they would be MUCH easier to actually get a hold of than you head coach and they make important basketball decisions working right beside the head coach.
    Thanks for the advice. I will try contacting the recruiter/head of basketball operations.

Is there a certain time period where this is appropriate, or the sooner the better?
    I believe October 15th is the first official day that the team can practice.