rhamme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Fat loss: is my intake too low?

I'm a 5'11" female that weighs 167 with a BF of 22-24%. I'd like to drop to 18% BF in 12 weeks. My macros right now are 1400c, 125-150p, 125-175carb and 40g fat. I run 3-6 miles 3x a week, lift 4 days a week and do 2 days of HIIT/CT on my off running days. I'm having a really hard time meeting my macros. I have no problem meeting my protein but my carbs and fat are always waaaaay low. I've added avocado and PB to at least one meal or protein shake. I definitely don't want to lose lean muscle, is this too insufficient?

jessyToo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessyToo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi,

I wouldn't go as low as 1400 calories. That's far too low for you and will prohibit any constant progress. On the macro site try salmon before bed and focus on your carbs within the first 3 meals (assuming you eat 6 a day) + the one after your workouts. Find attached an overview which might help you. Assumed you are somewhere around 24 but does not make a big difference and one does not ask a woman for her age right?! :P
    You could lower the carb percentage a bit (maybe to 40%) if you don't see any progress.

rgds
    Attached Images
    Certified Fitness Nutrition Coach
    Books for Bodybuilding: www.books-for-bodybuilding.info
    Free Bodybuilding Tool: www.bodymanagementprogram.com

Worlds slowest cut-ter SilvaMan61's Avatar
    SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SilvaMan61 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I won't comment much on your intake since I don't know really what you should take in. 1400 sounds a bit low to me though.

Having trouble meeting your fat and carbs? That sounds like a delicious problem to have. I personally would turn to a peanut butter sandwich or grilled cheese.
    "The hardship of the exercises is intended less to strengthen the back than to toughen the mind. The Spartans say that any army may win while it still has it's legs under it; the real test comes when all strength has fled and the men must produce victory on will alone." (Pressfield,1998, p.78)

rhamme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jessyToo View Post
    Hi,

I wouldn't go as low as 1400 calories. That's far too low for you and will prohibit any constant progress. On the macro site try salmon before bed and focus on your carbs within the first 3 meals (assuming you eat 6 a day) + the one after your workouts. Find attached an overview which might help you. Assumed you are somewhere around 24 but does not make a big difference and one does not ask a woman for her age right?! :P
    You could lower the carb percentage a bit (maybe to 40%) if you don't see any progress.

rgds

Thank you so much! That website is great! I have upped my carbs to 160-200g a day. I have lost another 8lbs and a lot of inches. Progressing nicely
    Thanks again

timon9182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jessyToo View Post
    Hi,

rgds

Alex cross = went 1000 calories a day for I think it was 2 months...