Thread: Flat-feet HELP

GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Flat-feet HELP

Soon I'll be joining the gym and I'd like to incorporate Squats and Deadlifts with my training program.
    What do I do about it with my flat-feet problem, I mean there's gonna be a great pressure on my feet when doing these two particular exercises which would probably cause a severe pain, don't you think? because when doing cardio it's explicitly HELL.
    I do use insoles but some say use when lifting and some say don't and again even with my insoles on it would probably wreck them in no time when lifting heavy.
    So what do I do to keep the pain away when lifting?

Thanks in advance.

SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GripAllTheWay View Post
    Soon I'll be joining the gym and I'd like to incorporate Squats and Deadlifts with my training program.
    What do I do about it with my flat-feet problem, I mean there's gonna be a great pressure on my feet when doing these two particular exercises which would probably cause a severe pain, don't you think? because when doing cardio it's explicitly HELL.
    I do use insoles but some say use when lifting and some say don't and again even with my insoles on it would probably wreck them in no time when lifting heavy.

Thanks in advance.
    Maybe just stick to Grip.
    ***Georgia Crew***

GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripAllTheWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SPFjudge View Post
    Maybe just stick to Grip.
    I am into Grip but would like to incorporate lifting as well.

ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cardio is impact, that impact causes pain. Deadlifts and squats are going to cause pressure but hopefully no impacts, you'll be fine.
    It'd be like staying fat while running marathons because it's more impressive to finish a marathon when you're overweight. It might be impressive in the short run, but in the long run it just doesn't make any sense. ~breathinglife

Raw competition lifts ....................Equipped
    Squat 661
    Bench 490...........................................666.9
    Dead 585

SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have completely flat feet and have no pain whatsoever squatting and deadlifting (or doing anything else, for that matter).

Originally Posted by SumPersonGuy View Post
    I have completely flat feet and have no pain whatsoever squatting and deadlifting (or doing anything else, for that matter).
    Do you use insoles or anything?
    My feet are already flat as f&^% without any pressure on, so considering when lifting you put weights on I'm afraid it will snap or something lol.
    I would post a pic but I'm no near to 50 posts.

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your foot arch really has no impact on squats and deadlifts. You should be just fine doing those exercises. If you're running however, arch matters alot and youre definitely going to need a solid pair of insoles(blue superfeet). Goodluck
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sorry if I go off topic, but is it bad for running if I have flat feet and moderate arches? I also have insoles, but even before I got them, I never had problems running.

yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000)
    get some wresting shoes, very thin make you use all your foot area for support.
    Yetti

4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4speed427 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also have very flat feet (severe pronation). I use custom orthotics, and my feet feel great in the gym. If possible, I'd highly recommend getting a good pair of orthotic insoles. You will notice the difference right away.

SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000) SumPersonGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do you use insoles or anything?
    My feet are already flat as f&^% without any pressure on, so considering when lifting you put weights on I'm afraid it will snap or something lol.
    I would post a pic but I'm no near to 50 posts.
    Nope. I just wear Converse All Stars.

looking thick,solid,tight Newmanzz's Avatar
    Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000) Newmanzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm the same, although I've fixed the problem greatly by just focusing on keeping my arch and doing some stretches, I think insoles are a crutch and not a fix, also the weight should be kept on the heels
    The journey to 4, 6, 7

Originally Posted by 4speed427 View Post
    I also have very flat feet (severe pronation). I use custom orthotics, and my feet feel great in the gym. If possible, I'd highly recommend getting a good pair of orthotic insoles. You will notice the difference right away.
    I also have custom orthotics which cost me around $250, I fear using them when I'll start lifting because of the high pressure on them,
    And as I mentioned above some people told me to use and some said don't, so right now I'm trying to figure out with the rest of the forum what's best for me to solve this issue.

Nope. I just wear Converse All Stars.
    I'll keep that in mind.
    Thank you.

Originally Posted by Newmanzz View Post
    I'm the same, although I've fixed the problem greatly by just focusing on keeping my arch and doing some stretches, I think insoles are a crutch and not a fix, also the weight should be kept on the heels
    How exactly do you focus on keeping your arch?
    What kind of stretches do you do?
    It's true what you say about the insoles, I was thinking of it as a crutch but it probably ain't gonna fix anything =/
    And I didn't know the weights should be kept on the heels, first time I hear this.
    I would much appreciate if you could give me some tips and some of your own knowledge.

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why the fuk did you make this thread without just tryin it out for yourself first?

I have extremely flat feet, and yes doing cardio does hurt and sucks ass because of it, but I've never had any problems deadlifting or squatting.
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    From what people are saying, I might have a good arch because even though my doctor said I had slightly flat feet, I can run without any pain whatsoever (well unless I overdo it, but that's normal for everybody).

jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks in advance.
    I have flat feet. My left foot even has a full navicular drop (bone sits all the way down on the floor). Aside from the pain from my lifting shoes being a little on the small side, I squat and deadlift with no issues.

Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There are tons of videos on youtube about rebuilding arches. There are muscles in there that are weak. Look up Kelly Starett's little mini series on rebuilding the feet.

Also, it's really not that big of a deal for squats and deadlifts as others have said.
    If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    Why the fuk did you make this thread without just tryin it out for yourself first?

I have extremely flat feet, and yes doing cardio does hurt and sucks ass because of it, but I've never had any problems deadlifting or squatting.
    What's wrong about asking? This is gonna be my first time acorporating these two exercises, when I was younger I went to the gym but focused all day about my Chest and Biceps getting me nowhere.
    Thanks for your feedback.

Originally Posted by jbealsrmt View Post
    I have flat feet. My left foot even has a full navicular drop (bone sits all the way down on the floor). Aside from the pain from my lifting shoes being a little on the small side, I squat and deadlift with no issues.
    Well I'm no expert but I do know you can go barefoot when lifting, maybe you should try if your gym allows it.
    Good Luck and thanks for your feedback.

Originally Posted by Shinjan View Post
    There are tons of videos on youtube about rebuilding arches. There are muscles in there that are weak. Look up Kelly Starett's little mini series on rebuilding the feet.

Also, it's really not that big of a deal for squats and deadlifts as others have said.
    Thanks I'll be checking it out soon.
    And about rebuilding your arch and the muscles in there, muscles come and go, I mean after I finish rebuilding my arch if I stop eventually it will disappear no?

sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have really flat feet. when I first started squating, rather neutral stance(just outside of shoulder width), I would put a 2.5 plate or mat under my heels because I was too cheap to buy oly shoes. Once I built some of mobility, I've since taken the mat away for everything except oly squats (narrow stance, high bar, atg) and front squats. I've had no pain whatsoever. Also treadmills will kill someone with flat feet, so I'd stay away. Prowler pushes don't affect them one way or the other in my experience.

jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbealsrmt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well I'm no expert but I do know you can go barefoot when lifting, maybe you should try if your gym allows it.
    I compete and you can't compete barefoot, so I wear the shoes. I'm more comfortable in the shoes than barefoot anyways.

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Honestly, I overpronate like a mother****er and have flat feet on top of it and have never noticed any impact on my squatting or deadlifting. The only area that it affected with lifting was my balance during single leg work which took a while to improve.
    IG: @toadkillerdog

I'm working on it... scottyhall's Avatar
    scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000) scottyhall is just really nice. (+1000)
    Flat feet here and I love my Olympic lifting shoes. I dead barefoot or in slippers or in my minimalist shoes (damn near barefoot.)
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. - Aristotle

Raw, 503/335/525

Originally Posted by IronAbrams View Post
    Honestly, I overpronate like a mother****er and have flat feet on top of it and have never noticed any impact on my squatting or deadlifting. The only area that it affected with lifting was my balance during single leg work which took a while to improve.
    What do you mean by balance?

Originally Posted by scottyhall View Post
    Flat feet here and I love my Olympic lifting shoes. I dead barefoot or in slippers or in my minimalist shoes (damn near barefoot.)
    Are you doing Olympic lifting as well?