tlozano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlozano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlozano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlozano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlozano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlozano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlozano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlozano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlozano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlozano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlozano will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Motivating Others

Hey misc, my sister has been struggling with her weight most of her life. However, after seeing the gains i've made, she has decided to start eating healthier and working out more. What techniques should i use to encourage her to stick with the meal plans i am making for her without being too hard on her?

Cliffs
    -sister wants to start living healthy
    -Needs motivation

paopaonine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    She needs to really find out for herself what would motivate her to be healthy,if she wants to live longer then she should make healthy choices because we really can't force anyone to change,it should start within themselves.

havoc713 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) havoc713 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) havoc713 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) havoc713 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) havoc713 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) havoc713 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) havoc713 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) havoc713 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) havoc713 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) havoc713 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) havoc713 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I agree. You can't force adults to be healthy. They have to choose for themselves.

sarawithnoh19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarawithnoh19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarawithnoh19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarawithnoh19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarawithnoh19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarawithnoh19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarawithnoh19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarawithnoh19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarawithnoh19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarawithnoh19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sarawithnoh19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    everyone is different. I have tried to help people in the past and its tough to take on. I usually just ask people if they want me to point out what could possibly be hindering their results but i have plenty of friends that complain that they arent getting what they want and ive just said you have to eat for the way you want to look and follow a routine that supports the way you want to look. I think leading by example is huge because if she sees you eating clean/working out she will continue to see how much work it is and the dedication that it takes

leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leroylavey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The best way to encourage her is to set an example by being the example.

When people go on meal plans, it creates a lot of resistance because it's too much change. Start her off with one habit then take a progressive approach.

In my opinion, the best technique for living healthy is green smoothies. Make her it if you have to and make it to where she can't taste the vegetables. Perferably in the morning. Or if you can't make it just go buy them at the grocery stores pre-made.

I say avoid the meal plans. Think or ask the question, "What is the one habit that she can do, that will have the healthiest impact on her health?". Instead of meal plans. One step at a time.
    "Your body is the mirror of your mind"

www.MuscleInTheMaking.com

johnypowers91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try finding a friend to workout together it helps alot

ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i have found that a training partner is the best way for me to stay motivated but really i feel you have to get past the mental block in ones own head. I am trying to get a motivation page going on ******** if you wanna check it out it is.
    zero excuses-fitness

i wish your sister the best.

RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've never been able to motivate anyone. No matter what results I'm getting, no one believes that's all it takes. Why do IIFYM, when you can do these magical paleo diets, low fat low protein low carb (wha?!) diets, etc.

No one believes in the results I'm getting, about always pushing yourself to the next level, about diet being most important in weight loss, etc. I've tried to motivate my sister, brother, and mother into weight loss but they are all stuck in their doomed repeated cycles of trying some crazy diet then giving up and gaining weight.

Yet, they never want to try my method. The one that, obviously, is working. If I try to point out their mistakes, no matter how gently, they get upset that I'm a "know it all". I'm like... no, I don't know it all. All I know is I'm getting results, you're not. /sigh

So I just leave them to it. They have to make the choice for themselves, I can't make it for them.
    400LB: December 6, 2012
    350LB: April 1, 2013
    300LB: June 15, 2013
    Current: 263
    Lost: 132

Currently Cycle 5 of AllPro Beginners