danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Mixing protein powder and oats together

I used to do this for some time, until i went online and asked about it, and i got some answers that told me that if i broke the oats down into the tiny particles that they become if i mix them in a mixer, it would decrease the fiber value of the oats. I didnt really understand why that was, and i´m here for some clarification. So if anyone can validate those claims, or refute them, then that would be awesome.

The reason i´m asking this here is because i´ve had too many conflicting answers by researching on my own, and i just wanted to see what you guys have to say about this.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by danezcou3 View Post
    I didnt really understand why that was
    For good reason
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You are unnecessarily making this complicated. Eat your oats and protein powder how you want: in the end it doesn't make jack difference provided you aren't doing something stupid.

LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCFCFOX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oats mixed with protein powder? What is this madness?!
    100lbs lost since June 2010
    Nutrition Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145600501&p=898149531#post898149531

danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) danezcou3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    For good reason
    Are you implying that i´m stupid for having only general knowledge of how food works?

Or are you saying that it is too complicated for a person with only general knowledge of how food works, it really could go both ways.

Uber Micro, Uber Macros MulattoRance's Avatar
    MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are you implying that i´m stupid for having only general knowledge of how food works?

Or are you saying that it is too complicated for a person with only general knowledge of how food works, it really could go both ways.
    He was saying that you rightly did not understand the nonsensical information provided to you. He was saying you are right to question whoever told you that taking your oats and putting them in a blender will somehow alter their fiber content.
    Muscle & Magicka:
    www.youtube.com/channel/UCTB7u0gKYYkN0luy-rCQzjg

That realm where dragons and deadlifts meet. Enter at your own risk (level 99 recommended).

Calculating Maintenance-------> www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE-uSzOiEpw
    Adjusting for Bulk/Cut----------> www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWKxu_dtkfc
    Micronutrient Intake------------> www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV8nKRETgxA
    Macronutrient Intake-----------> www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW2_tE1rbF8

Originally Posted by MulattoRance View Post
    He was saying that you rightly did not understand the nonsensical information provided to you. He was saying you are right to question whoever told you that taking your oats and putting them in a blender will somehow alter their fiber content.
    Fair enough, so back to the point, does mixing oats into tiny little particles affect the fiber value, and if not, why the hell would anyone say so?

JLay87 is just really nice. (+1000) JLay87 is just really nice. (+1000) JLay87 is just really nice. (+1000) JLay87 is just really nice. (+1000) JLay87 is just really nice. (+1000) JLay87 is just really nice. (+1000) JLay87 is just really nice. (+1000) JLay87 is just really nice. (+1000) JLay87 is just really nice. (+1000) JLay87 is just really nice. (+1000) JLay87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Fair enough, so back to the point, does mixing oats into tiny little particles affect the fiber value
    No.

and if not, why the hell would anyone say so?
    Because people are ****ing stupid and in the fitness community everyone thinks they're right for some stupid reason.

If you cut an apple in half and eat both halves has the fiber content decreased vs. eating a whole apple? Maybe slicing bread is a bad idea because it decreases the fiber content. Don't chew too much you're decreasing the fiber content!

Sorry, I'm trolling. I know you're just asking, but c'mon it was a stupid question.

devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz
    No it doesnt.
    USMC/USN Crew
    MWC

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    and if not, why the hell would anyone say so?
    Because they are a dim bulb without the first clue about nutrition?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MulattoRance has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JLay87 View Post
    No.

Because people are ****ing stupid and in the fitness community everyone thinks they're right for some stupid reason.

If you cut an apple in half and eat both halves has the fiber content decreased vs. eating a whole apple? Maybe slicing bread is a bad idea because it decreases the fiber content. Don't chew too much you're decreasing the fiber content!

Sorry, I'm trolling. I know you're just asking, but c'mon it was a stupid question.
    ^^^ All of that. The field of nutrition is full of stuff that sounds reasonable if you don't give it any thought (sure, it makes some amount of initial logical sense that if you break up foods into smaller particles, maybe it'll somehow 'break up' the fiber and make it less effective), but if you give it just a moment's thought/research, you'll quickly realize it makes no sense (if fiber particles become less effective when they're broken up, what about chewing them? What about fiber powder? And if I swallow a can of beans without chewing, is it somehow more effective? Of course not.)
    Muscle & Magicka:

That realm where dragons and deadlifts meet. Enter at your own risk (level 99 recommended).

Originally Posted by JLay87 View Post
    No.

There are a lot of things in this world that sound completely amazing, and yet they are true.

And so you see, theres little of "common sense" when it comes to venturing a bit further into the scientific aspects of how the hell nutrition and the human body works.

The only way to truly finding out what is right and wrong regarding these matters, is to read many books on the subject, which i´m afraid i just don´t have time to do at the moment.

I mean, sure it might sound like an easy thing for people who actually do have advanced knowledge about these things, but one should never connect intellect with the amount of knowledge another has. Its like a physicist made fun of you for not understanding general relativity, if you have never even tried to understand it.

Okay i´m going to shut up now. Just wanted to come my point across. I liked your point about the apple though.

There are a lot of things in this world that sound completely amazing, and yet they are true.

And so you see, theres little of "common sense" when it comes to venturing a bit further into the scientific aspects of how the hell nutrition and the human body works.

The only way to truly finding out what is right and wrong regarding these matters, is to read many books on the subject, which i´m afraid i just don´t have time to do at the moment.

I mean, sure it might sound like an easy things for people who actually do have advanced knowledge about these things, but one should never connect intellect with the amount of knowledge another has. Its like a physicist made fun of you for not understanding general relativity, if you have never even tried to understand it.

Okay i´m going to shut up now. Just wanted to come my point across. I liked your point about the apple though.
    Don't worry brother - the more time you spend on these forums just reading responses from posters like Pug, the easier it will be to smell the BS a mile away. It'll become second nature, without any PhDs to your name. =)
    Muscle & Magicka:

AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fair enough, so back to the point, does mixing oats into tiny little particles affect the fiber value, and if not, why the hell would anyone say so?
    If the oats are chopped up in a spice mill or coffee grinder, then dumped into another container, surely some of the oat particles are left behind in the mill/grinder, thus affecting the the fiber content.

I'd say you were given solid info, OP!

Originally Posted by AlbertRossy View Post
    If the oats are chopped up in a spice mill or coffee grinder, then dumped into another container, surely some of the oat particles are left behind in the mill/grinder, thus affecting the the fiber content.

I'd say you were given solid info, OP!
    That's just overestimating intake. You should be licking all containers! =)
    Muscle & Magicka: