Thread: Come back trail

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Come back trail

Training/life always feels like fighting for something that should already be yours..

I've been training over these past couple of years, and have made some progress. But, if I'm honest, as hard as I've tried to dig deep, my mind has been weak. I've got bursitis in my shoulders, so I stop training for a few weeks, I start up again and it comes back, so I stop for a month, it comes back, so I stop training my shoulders. I get sick, I stop for a while. I work more than about 60 hours in a week, and I'm too run down to train, so I stop. My schedule is too full to train on Monday, so I'll bump it back to Tuesday... come Tuesday, there's another excuse.

That's not the way this gets done. No part of my life is about moving at a snail's pace. No part of my life is about average, and reasonable. Why should my training slump to such lows?
    You keep going until you hit an obstacle, then you find a way through it or around it. You stretch more than is reasonable, you warm up and cool down, even if you don't want to. You push to keep your diet as near perfect as can be.
    And you don't bitch about your bad luck, about your limitations in life unless you've done everything within your power to fix them. Every inch of ground that requires herculean effort and offers the tiniest of rewards, gets fought for. Everything counts. Everything adds up. Do it all.

This is my come back trail. What's mine, what already belongs to me in my mind; I'm taking it.

I've got aches and pains and limitations.
    I have an absurd amount of time commitments, some muscle imbalances and minor injuries. But it's only really my mind, and it's weakness, that's holding me back, and I'm sick of it.
    All I'm asking (or demanding) of myself is three one hour gym sessions a week, plus some five minute stretching or light exercise sessions at home, and a clean diet. That is something that anyone can do - and I'm not just anyone.

I'm posting here again, because when I used to post here, I trained hard. It keeps me accountable.
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.

jellypumping has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellypumping has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellypumping has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellypumping has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellypumping has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellypumping has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jellypumping has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good luck