sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am i on my way to snap city?

I know i am supposed to squeeze my gluts but i still arch my back like that

any tips?

Thanks internet

Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Afrosaurus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1) Cut out the prep next time. We don't need to see 40s of nothing.
    2) Never walk the bar out like that.
    3) Way too much of an arch in your back. Lower the weight, correct your form.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout.

Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do not walk the bar out like that.
    A little arch in the back is normal. Though there is excessive arching on last few reps. Keep the bar closer to your face when you press it upwards probably why you are sticking your chest out a lot and arching your back. Maybe it is also because your are trying to put yourself at a more stronger position by sticking your chest out and trying to make it a more pec orientated movement?
    https://bandcamp.com/singularity7 - Music collection. Recommend albums. Always looking for more.

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nothing wrong with that.

anonymous
    wtf at the walkout

sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sirownsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    should i walk out with the bar in my chest?
    should the bar even hit my chest? I dont understand how the bar is supposed to have a 100% vertical trajectory.

Justice Police of bb.com hostelmaniac's Avatar
    hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    why not sit on the seat with the back support if you're worried about breakin yo shiz

ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sirownsalot View Post
    should the bar even hit my chest? I dont understand how the bar is supposed to have a 100% vertical trajectory.
    I just unrack the bar at chest level and take one step back and begin the press. I don't think it should hit your chest when doing reps but I don't see any problem with unracking it and holding against chest until you start first rep. I find that if I squeeze my glutes together, this helps me from arching my back too much on the shoulder press.

thanks for the tips. I am doing jasons db 5x5 beginner program, and it says to do the standing press. Would the sitting one be safer?

hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    itll give you more support and you should be able to do more weight. your choice tho. i dont do barbell presses or military presses or push presses. i do dumbbell press on the back supported seat and it destroys my shoulders. dunno your goals.

Originally Posted by hostelmaniac View Post
    itll give you more support and you should be able to do more weight. your choice tho. i dont do barbell presses or military presses or push presses. i do dumbbell press on the back supported seat and it destroys my shoulders. dunno your goals.
    goals: get stronger and muscular

ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronin152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also noticed you were holding your breath and releasing once you had fully extended at the top of the rep. Try to breath out during the entire rep.

well just try different things out. if you wanna keep doing these but are afraid of hurting yourself either dont do them, lower the weight, or get a trustworthy spotter. not sure if a spotter will be able to help much tho. i would definitely try other lifts like push press, seated press, DB press, and do whatever you feel the most comfortable and safe with. think of it this way, if you get hurt you wont be doing anything so dont risk it.

JuiceMane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JuiceMane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JuiceMane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JuiceMane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JuiceMane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JuiceMane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JuiceMane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JuiceMane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JuiceMane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JuiceMane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JuiceMane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ronin152 View Post
    Also noticed you were holding your breath and releasing once you had fully extended at the top of the rep. Try to breath out during the entire rep.
    Don't listen to this keep holding your breathe during the rep just exhale at the top

Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes unrack it on front deltoids and upper chest, this is your platform.
    Follow vid.
    https://bandcamp.com/singularity7 - Music collection. Recommend albums. Always looking for more.

pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000)
    Everything should be tight on the overhead press. Not just your glutes. You have to brace your abs just like you would in any other heavy lift, this helps to prevent overextension of the back. Quads should also be tight. You'll find the lift to be much easier when you focus on keeping everything tight.

Go on YouTube and watch all the Rippetoe videos on the press. I think they're called "rippetoe weighted press" something. There's 3 of them.
    TM Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145984543&highlight=pyaarawala

Texas Method -- Shredding down this body fat while maintaining strength --> Lean & mean

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    thanks for the tips. I am doing jasons db 5x5 beginner program, and it says to do the standing press. Would the sitting one be safer?
    Stick with what the program directs.

Don't walk around with the bar overhead; take it off the liftoffs, and then step back, set your feet, and then press.

Cut the weight back to however much you can handle under control; you're trying to use too much weight in the vid. OHP is a slow-progressing lift for most people; add just a touch of weight to the bar as you gradually get stronger over time and are able to do so while controlling the bar at all times. This isn't a good lift on which to sway and struggle.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Registered User II Cybershot II's Avatar
    II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    only walk the bar out, and walk it back in, with it racked on your shoulders or in your lowest possible holding position. never press it up and walk backwards and never walk forwards with it still coming down from a rep. oh lord.

nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Back pain is my area
    I can tell it much better if you do it shirtless.

Make sure you keep your abs real tense. You seem to have a lower back curve, the way i got rid of it is by a) Flexing my abs b) Trying to pinch my belly by bringing my thighs towards my abs. This keeps a straight lower back.

Keep your body really tense. Complete body. Glutes and abs region especially.

Although i am good at keeping my lower back straight now, i am not very good at overhead press. Comments by guys above are much wiser. Follow em. Rippetoe video helped me heaps.

Peace
    Starting Weight : 99 lbs
    Weight (March 15, 2013) : 121 lbs
    Weight (April 7, 2013) : 123 lbs
    Goal Weight (Reached on Jan 25, 2014) : 132 lbs

Current Goal Weight : 143 lbs

Long Term Goal Weight : 165 lbs

My 10000 Dollar Transformation Workout Log : [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159476431&p=1197496501[/url]

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post

Don't walk around with the bar overhead; take it off the liftoffs, and then step back, set your feet, and then press.

Cut the weight back to however much you can handle under control; you're trying to use too much weight in the vid. OHP is a slow-progressing lift for most people; add just a touch of weight to the bar as you gradually get stronger over time and are able to do so while controlling the bar at all times. This isn't a good lift on which to sway and struggle.
    It's obvious from the video he's trying with too much weight - there's a noticeable arch right from the first rep. What about when you're approaching the 8th rep, is it OK to have a bit of an arch then, or does any arch mean you need to reduce the weight? Today while doing OHP, I felt my form going on the 8th rep of second workset, even though I completed the same weight for my 10 rep max (doing Allpro's beginner routine). All other reps were straight.
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.