RBW8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What's up guys? A couple newb questions. (pic) how would you start to build me up?

I'm not new to working out, just body building. I was a 4 sport athlete so my workouts were more sport than physique. I recently started hitting the gym and was looking into body building. My father in law won some state competitions decades ago and though I'm not looking to compete, i'd like to get into it.

I'd like to know what methods y'all use to calculate your BF%. My FIL used this old machine that you gripped with both hands and it calculated it for you. Im not sure if thats accurate or not.

What muscle groups do y'all like to work together? I like to mix it up every 2-4 weeks but I'm not sure whats the best way to go about this. For instance, I am currently working this routine:
    M-chest, lats, middle back
    T-legs, lower back, traps, shoulders
    W- bis,tris, abs
    T- chest, lats, middle back
    F- legs, lowerback, traps, shoulders
    S- bis, tris, abs
    S-rest

I incorporate a mile run or more run after my workouts. How much should I switch up my muscle pairing? whats the best groups to work together on a 6 day workout regimen?

I should have uploaded a picture. I have thick skin so be honest and spare the good guy stuff. As far as body building, where do I need to start and what should I focus on the most? Maybe give some techniques and workouts that would help build that/those particular areas. Thanks.
    Attached Images

NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My suggestion to you would be to first and foremost focus on getting stronger.

I would suggest following ICF 5X5 Novice Program:

LOG your workouts so you KNOW you're getting stronger and go from there.

Kill your workouts (GET STRONGER), kill your diet (how you space your macros whether it be higher fat or higher carbs is up to how you personally feel, shoot for at least a gram of protein per lb), repeat for a long period of time and you will achieve something

As far as diet goes, I've been where you're at and there are two ways you can go about this:

1.The bulk and eventual cut, where you understand that some fat gain will happen, so body comp won't be ideal for sometime but you will nearly maximize muscle gains.

2.The eating at or slightly below maintenance so that you gain mass a bit slower, but you also don't hurt your body comp.

Now do I think there is THAT much of a difference in the time frame that either would take? Nahhh, I mean maybe 2 takes a bit longer, but if you're in it for the long run...it's not THAT much longer and for the daily sanity you gain of looking better (not bloated/having love handles and having your shirts fitting weird), it may be worth it for you. All comes down to how you want to go about this.

ha okay. did you read anything at all that I wrote? seems an awful lot like spam. you literally ignored just about everything I said/asked to promote your video. Is that what this forum is about? bc if so, ill just stick to the articles…

I'll give your video a shot just for the chance that this isn't spam but you didn't answer the BF%? and questions and that immediately made me suspicious.
    Last edited by RBW8; 12-16-2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: add for clarification

Registered User PhillipScullion's Avatar
    PhillipScullion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhillipScullion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhillipScullion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhillipScullion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhillipScullion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhillipScullion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhillipScullion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhillipScullion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhillipScullion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would look around to see if there's a place In your area that can provide body composition tests. They usually only run for about $10. They attatch something to your finger and youYour toe and it sends a wave through your body and does a bunch of other ****. I just care about the numbers. It will tell you your BF% water weight, and lean body mass. I think its the most accurate and the one that you grip with your hands not so much.

I personally like my splits like this:

M: chest and tris
    T: Back and bis
    W: legs (quads)
    T:shoulders and abs
    F hamstrings and calves

I do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach for about 20 mins of intense cardio.

At night I lift to give my body an adequate amount of rest before I lift. I don't do cardio on the mornings of leg day so I can have all the energy I need.

You should check.out jeff willets max ot program.
    The only way a man can fail is if he quits or dies.

Sweet, man. Appreciate the advice. I like the pairing you have. Similar to my "push/pull/legs&abs" I started yesterday.

areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) areyoucereal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RBW8 View Post
    ha okay. did you read anything at all that I wrote? seems an awful lot like spam. you literally ignored just about everything I said/asked to promote your video. Is that what this forum is about? bc if so, ill just stick to the articles…

I'll give your video a shot just for the chance that this isn't spam but you didn't answer the BF%? and questions and that immediately made me suspicious.
    The guy gives you some solid advice and you attack him and accuse him of "spamming his video" ?

Maybe you should stick to the articles.
    *** Canadian Crew ***
    *** One meal a day Crew ***
    ***Mandatory outdoors 1x a week crew***
    ***Neg angry incels on sight crew***

Originally Posted by areyoucereal View Post
    The guy gives you some solid advice and you attack him and accuse him of "spamming his video" ?

Maybe you should stick to the articles.

yeah, I apologize. It was legit advice and I'm just used to spam. I read his history later and saw that he's not a promo spambot. apologies. I worked in a 5X5 strong lift week and enjoyed it.