leelobbestael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NOOB help with nutrition

Hey guys,
    I am totally new to the world of nutrition. I have been working out for seven years and the only thing I knew about nutrition up untill now is that I need alot of protein and calories to put on muscle. The problem is my metabolism has slowed down as I approach my mid twenties and I gain fat very easily. I am 170-172# and 5'9". I recently dropped weight from 188# by really watching what I eat and dropping calories to 1800-2000 a day. My question is if I take 170 grams of protein throughout the day can I slowly gain muscle while only consuming 2,500 calories? I am afraid of gaining fat but I want to make gains. I seem to gain fat much more easily than muscle and I want to preserve my low bodyfat percentage I recently reached. Thanks guys

vanderr is just really nice. (+1000) vanderr is just really nice. (+1000) vanderr is just really nice. (+1000) vanderr is just really nice. (+1000) vanderr is just really nice. (+1000) vanderr is just really nice. (+1000) vanderr is just really nice. (+1000) vanderr is just really nice. (+1000) vanderr is just really nice. (+1000) vanderr is just really nice. (+1000) vanderr is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by leelobbestael View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am totally new to the world of nutrition. I have been working out for seven years and the only thing I knew about nutrition up untill now is that I need alot of protein and calories to put on muscle. The problem is my metabolism has slowed down as I approach my mid twenties and I gain fat very easily. I am 170-172# and 5'9". I recently dropped weight from 188# by really watching what I eat and dropping calories to 1800-2000 a day. My question is if I take 170 grams of protein throughout the day can I slowly gain muscle while only consuming 2,500 calories? I am afraid of gaining fat but I want to make gains. I seem to gain fat much more easily than muscle and I want to preserve my low bodyfat percentage I recently reached. Thanks guys
    It depends how rapidly you were losing fat at 2,000 calories, but yes, there's a good likelihood 2,500 will see some lean muscle gains. Start at 2,500 and go from there.
    PhysiqueFreak.net
    IG @physiquefreakofficial

leelobbestael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by vanderr View Post
    It depends how rapidly you were losing fat at 2,000 calories, but yes, there's a good likelihood 2,500 will see some lean muscle gains. Start at 2,500 and go from there.
    Ok thanks I'll keep at it. Do you increase calories after each month?