CourtKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Form Check - Squat, Press, Deadlift, Power Clean

Gonna repost these after I get more weight on the bar.
    Last edited by CourtKing; 04-01-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Justice Police of bb.com hostelmaniac's Avatar
    hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Squat: articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/powerlifting-articles/so-you-think-you-can-squat-part-1-and-2/

Bench: ( you didn't ask for this) train.elitefts.com/instructional/so-you-think-you-can-bench-parts1-7/

Powerclean explode up, drop your hips ( like a squat kind of ), and really emphasize snapping your elbows out and cushioning and reinforcing the weight onto your chest (front squat), you wont be able to jump that much and fling the weight up like that once you get some good weight on there but i also do the little jump.

squat it looks like you are sticking your butt out too much just go straight down and straight up, keep your core tight and back tight and look straight ahead, explode through your heels.

fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The weight seems extremely light for you, so it's kinda hard to properly critique your form.
    In addition to being an amazing body builder (LOL), I'm also a rapper.
    Check out my group's youtube page:

www.youtube.com/wenthemooneclypse

And my solo youtube page

www.youtube.com/frankielyrical

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The power clean is completely pointless since there is no weight on the bar and the way you do it now might not be anything what its like once it gets a little challenging. Put some weight on the bar and then do it again because right now there simply is nothing to critique.

You squat looks a little weird, you start off almost as if you were doing a good morning by driving the hips back and then suddenly squat down. Just looks really awkward to me, though not perhaps wrong per se.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

CourtKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fnares View Post
    The weight seems extremely light for you, so it's kinda hard to properly critique your form.
    It is, I dropped all my weights back so I would hit my former 5RM's after about a month or so (doing SS). I wanted to do these early rather than later tho so I had the correct form down before everything got heavy.