joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

APRIL FIRST -- The 2nd Quarter of 2013 starts NOW! **Motivation Thread**

April 1st, 2013
    What is up BB.com?

Today is unique -- not only is it a new day, new week, & new month..it is also a new QUARTER.

January 2013, February 2013, & March 2013….all done…the “first quarter” of the year is over.

I do not know how well you played in the first quarter, but I am sure you do.
    -Did you spend quality time preparing and practicing?
    -Did you make positive steps towards a set goal?
    -Did you “score any points” or make a lasting accomplishment?

Once you can answer these questions honestly to yourself, make note of ways in which these answers can improve and move on! You can work towards improving them in the second quarter, which starts now.
    If you spent the last ‘minutes’ of quarter one on the bench, watching teammates and opposing players make the passes and score the points, now is the time to ‘check in’ to the game. Use your now-rested body and mind to your advantage and start making the passes and scoring the points yourself.

April 2013, May 2013, & June 2013….the “second quarter” of the year starts now.

This is your opportunity to make these unique months count long-term in your life. After June it is officially halftime and as many know by way of sports, it is impeccable that we go into halftime with momentum instead of back on our heels.

Have you been able to watch the college basketball games of March Madness? Consider the fact that a majority of the players in those games are the same age as you and me. The way those ten players approach the court after the first half is the way I want you to see yourself approaching today, the start of the second quarter.

I want you to take on today with the same intensity that Trey Burke took on the second half of the Michigan Wolverines vs. Kansas Jayhawks basketball game this past weekend. When Michigan came out on the court trailing Kansas by 6 points, Trey Burke made a conscious decision to be ABOVE AVERAGE.
    Burke did not have any points after the first half, missing every shot he took. Make note of how easy it would have been for him to continue being AVERAGE, playing below his natural ability. Instead, Trey Burke used this as a fresh start and scored 23 points alongside 10 assists.

IF Trey Burke had not decided to be ABOVE AVERAGE….
    • Michigan would not have overcome a 14-point deficit with 7:00 left to play
    • Michigan would not have overcome a 10-point deficit with 2:19 left to play
    • Michigan would not have overcome a 5-point deficit with 0:21 left to play
    • Michigan would not have went to overtime
    • Michigan would not have beat the Kansas Jayhawks in overtime

You too can decide, entirely on your own, how you intend to spend the next quarter of 2013. Think of those around you, including Trey Burke, who performed above average last quarter…and ask yourself if you want to continue watching them move up the ladder, or if you want to start climbing a ladder of your own.

You can do it. Apply this to everything you do...whether it be INSIDE THE GYM or OUTSIDE THE GYM.
    Feel free to share this or interact with a reply below.

I am always available on Twitter: @joshdbeard

Have a great April First!

Geeeeebaby has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Geeeeebaby has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Geeeeebaby has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Geeeeebaby has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Geeeeebaby has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Geeeeebaby has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Geeeeebaby has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Geeeeebaby has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Geeeeebaby has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Geeeeebaby has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Geeeeebaby has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Trey Burke dick rider detected

joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshdbeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Geeeeebaby View Post
    Trey Burke dick rider detected
    Prepare to be SHOCKED.

I am actually a student at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Yep, I am a Buckeye...but I am also a true fan of sports and a believer in motivation and any performance like the one I saw on Friday deserves to be mentioned. Sure it pains me to speak positively about a player from MICHIGAN but this guy came out of halftime a new man and did his thing!

ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Interesting point if view and time /goal management. Repped

Originally Posted by ap28allday View Post
    Interesting point if view and time /goal management. Repped
    Appreciate the rep, but more importantly I appreciate you taking the time to read through my writing! It is here in "Motivation" for a reason. The time is NOW get out there today!

Fatboy501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatboy501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatboy501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatboy501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatboy501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatboy501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatboy501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatboy501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatboy501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatboy501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatboy501 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey, I started out the 2nd quarter lifting... sweet! Plan to end it and welcome the 3rd the same way.

paopaonine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

wow!

cool!I also have my own goals for the 2nd quarter of the year!