In Starvation Mode Brklyns_Finest's Avatar
    Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50)

100 Pushups Program with Regular Splits

Hey guys.

Been a while since I've been on this website..

I've been wanting to try out the 100 Pushups Program (http://www.hundredpushups.com/week1.....gbUAxNre.dpbs), just for fun. I think it would be cool to be able to knock out 100 straight pushups lol. But I obviously don't want to stop my regular splits, which is usually 4 days a week (push, pull, shoulders and abs, legs). My typical lifting method is heavy with low reps (aim for 5-6, if I hit 8 I increase weight).

To simplify it, the Pushups program calls for doing pushups pretty much to exhaustion, three days a week. Do you guys think if I did this in conjunction with my typical splits it would be over training? I dont HAVE to do this, I just kinda wanted to do it for fun, but not if it will lead to over training. I should add that I'm cutting so just looking to maintain or slightly increase my lifts, and just maintain muscle.

Thanks guys
    275->180->248... Next stop, 150

"It ain't about how hard you can hit. Its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" ---Rocky Balboa

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

DISCIPLINE + PATIENCE = SUCCESS

usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I can't see it being any more detrimental than incorporating any other activity between workouts, like cycling or running. OTOH it's not going to give you a lot of benefit other than being able to do 100 pushups- which might seem hard now but most fit people could achieve it in a few weeks if they try.

In Starvation Mode Brklyns_Finest's Avatar
    Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by usersignup2 View Post
    I can't see it being any more detrimental than incorporating any other activity between workouts, like cycling or running. OTOH it's not going to give you a lot of benefit other than being able to do 100 pushups- which might seem hard now but most fit people could achieve it in a few weeks if they try.
    I plan to treat it the same as running, like you said. I just want another challenge other than my typical workout split.
    275->180->248... Next stop, 150

"It ain't about how hard you can hit. Its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" ---Rocky Balboa

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

DISCIPLINE + PATIENCE = SUCCESS