shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

First figure show pics! Please critique! 11th Place!

Sooooo I had my first big show and it was an awesome experience! I ended up placing 11th out of 15th and while i don't want to be "that girl" a lot of people have told me I should have placed higher, but it is what is! (I can post pics of comparisons if allowed)

I would love some critique on what to improve on before my next show in July! From my pics here are the things I think I need to improve on, but sometimes we are our own worst critics:

Posing! I was so nervous and everything moved so quickly and I didn't do my lat spread correctly, also my left shoulder was down.
    1. Smile more! It was so damn hard to smile!
    2. Keep my tummy in more on my side pose!
    3. More definition in my legs! They wont close though, because i'm bow legged!
    4. Lean down more!
    5. Work on shoulders

Thanks!

lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can't critique because I don't know enough about competing, but I want to say no matter how you placed you look FANTASTIC!

Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Love the suit! Color looks really good on you.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tried to rep but I'm apparently on spread. Don't know anything about competing so I can't helpfully critique, but you looked beautiful!
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree!! I know nothing about what they look for in these shows, but you look AMAZING! Your legs are so beautifully shaped! Just be proud you got out there and put in all of that work, and enjoy that hot bod!
    Karen

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Makeup and hair looks great! Is that the suit your husband made? Excellent color.

And it is absolutely hard to smile when you are so nervous and trying to think through a gazillion things.

I say shoulders, glute/hamstring tie-in, and maybe a little more calves and quad separation (those are always the standout body parts that a lot of decisions are based on...quads not as much as the first two). Your overall leanness looks ok. You won't have to get much more leaner once you've built up a touch more.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Know nothing about competing. You look amazing and your suit is so beautiful.

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey congrats. You look awesome. I can't give you tips but you look great

shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadylane21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
    I can't critique because I don't know enough about competing, but I want to say no matter how you placed you look FANTASTIC!
    Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by Romina81 View Post
    Love the suit! Color looks really good on you.
    Thanks!

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Tried to rep but I'm apparently on spread. Don't know anything about competing so I can't helpfully critique, but you looked beautiful!
    Thanks appreciate it!

Originally Posted by kdiamond55 View Post
    I agree!! I know nothing about what they look for in these shows, but you look AMAZING! Your legs are so beautifully shaped! Just be proud you got out there and put in all of that work, and enjoy that hot bod!
    Thanks I am still a work in progress!!

Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    Makeup and hair looks great! Is that the suit your husband made? Excellent color.

And it is absolutely hard to smile when you are so nervous and trying to think through a gazillion things.

I say shoulders, glute/hamstring tie-in, and maybe a little more calves and quad separation (those are always the standout body parts that a lot of decisions are based on...quads not as much as the first two). Your overall leanness looks ok. You won't have to get much more leaner once you've built up a touch more.
    TY! I did my hair and make up and my hubby made the suit!! I have upped calories a bit, but I will start my next 12 week prep in 3 weeks! Do you have any suggestions for the glute ham tie in.

Originally Posted by lynore View Post
    Know nothing about competing. You look amazing and your suit is so beautiful.
    TY! Husband made the suit!

Originally Posted by wakechica View Post
    Hey congrats. You look awesome. I can't give you tips but you look great
    TY!

EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post

Agree with this here.

Also, your front pose is a little bit off. It looks like your legs are rather far apart. They should be in, stacked together, and then rotate your knees out hard. Depending on the size of your quads, you can vary how hard you push - quad sweep needs to match lat spread for a proportionate physique.

Back pose - think about shoulders UP, shoulder blades DOWN. Your shoulders should be straight across in the back - yours are a little down right now. Back pose takes the longest to get, so don't get frustrated.

Side pose - watch that back arm. It shouldn't stick out too far (I'm assuming you're in the NPC). They won't "ding" you for it, but it just looks off. It should be closer to your thigh.

I do like your suit color - it looks gorgeous on you. But I think the bottoms cover a little too much of that awesome booty. The more of it you show, the better it looks, actually.

Your hair and makeup look great, and your accessories are just right. Nice total package on stage, IMO.

When will you start your prep for your next show? If you want to make physique improvements, you will need time. You can fix posing, but you're not going to be able to make many changes to your body in such a short time, depending on how long you'll be in a caloric deficit in order to get lean for your show.

Originally Posted by EPolis13 View Post
    Agree with this here.

Also, your front pose is a little bit off. It looks like your legs are rather far apart. They should be in, stacked together, and then rotate your knees out hard. Depending on the size of your quads, you can vary how hard you push - quad sweep needs to match lat spread for a proportionate physique.

Back pose - think about shoulders UP, shoulder blades DOWN. Your shoulders should be straight across in the back - yours are a little down right now. Back pose takes the longest to get, so don't get frustrated.

Side pose - watch that back arm. It shouldn't stick out too far (I'm assuming you're in the NPC). They won't "ding" you for it, but it just looks off. It should be closer to your thigh.

I do like your suit color - it looks gorgeous on you. But I think the bottoms cover a little too much of that awesome booty. The more of it you show, the better it looks, actually.

Your hair and makeup look great, and your accessories are just right. Nice total package on stage, IMO.

When will you start your prep for your next show? If you want to make physique improvements, you will need time. You can fix posing, but you're not going to be able to make many changes to your body in such a short time, depending on how long you'll be in a caloric deficit in order to get lean for your show.
    Thanks! All things I'm working on! I can't close my knees, because I'm bowlegged though! Trust me I'm trying! Also my left shoulder is out of wack so I need to focus on bringing it up with posing as it drops, in practice my poses were on, but I got so nervous out that everything went out the window! It went so fast, so I'm practicing my turns quicker now! My next show is in July, I think I can make some good improvement in that time, not a great deal of muscle building, but improving definition for sure!

SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperMomx4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm bow legged too and it keeps me from eventually thinking of competing.

You look awesome btw

Originally Posted by SuperMomx4 View Post
    I'm bow legged too and it keeps me from eventually thinking of competing.

You look awesome btw
    Thanks! Don't let it stop you I'm not!

EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I did the same thing w/the SAME shoulder when I first started. I feel you. Great look for your first show, and you are only going to improve from here!

JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000) JulieC26 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You look AMAZING!!! I love your bikini and the color stands out! 11th place? It's not too bad for your first time, so don't be too hard on yourself with all those critiques! Good job and Good luck to your future competitions!

o0o0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) o0o0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) o0o0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) o0o0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) o0o0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) o0o0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) o0o0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) o0o0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) o0o0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) o0o0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) o0o0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You look fantastic! Also, your transformation is amazing and very inspirational. Congratulations!

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You look great Shadylane!!