Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    thegrifter is not very well liked. (-100) thegrifter is not very well liked. (-100) thegrifter is not very well liked. (-100) thegrifter is not very well liked. (-100) thegrifter is not very well liked. (-100) thegrifter is not very well liked. (-100) thegrifter is not very well liked. (-100) thegrifter is not very well liked. (-100) thegrifter is not very well liked. (-100) thegrifter is not very well liked. (-100) thegrifter is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Jrob69 View Post
    Man up, ignore it or give it back. Just dont cry about it. Either way you should squat.
    re-read my post. You just demonstrated the behavior I'm writing about. Your argument is invalid. Ultimately, I am ignoring this thread moving forward; clearly the conversation has choked itself on utter stupidity. Encouraging another person to behave respond to immature behavior with immaturity is simply ridiculous and reflects poorly on the forum community as a whole.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by thegrifter View Post
    re-read my post. You just demonstrated the behavior I'm writing about. Your argument is invalid. Ultimately, I am ignoring this thread moving forward; clearly the conversation has choked itself on utter stupidity. Encouraging another person to behave respond to immature behavior with immaturity is simply ridiculous and reflects poorly on the forum community as a whole.
    He offered you three options.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) somedude999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    He offered you three options.
    and did the thing he told him not to do...
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Alas.

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    Hack squats are very hard on the knees so I dont understand why someone who 'cant' do regular squats could do them or a 45 degree leg press.
    It depends on the position of your feet on the foot plate. The farther your feet relative to your torso, the less is pressure on your knees. I find doing squats on a Hack Squat machine to be FAR better for knees than Barbell Squats.

Read this:
    Originally Posted by Jetigen View Post
    1) For maximum safety when doing the hack squat, make sure your feet are placed slightly in front of
    the body. If your feet are directly under your hips, it's extremely difficult to keep the heels in contact
    with the base platform. In addition, the knees will move forward at an extreme angle, and if you go
    especially deep, you will be literally pulling the knee-joint bones apart. This can cause a severe knee
    injury.

When the feet are placed slightly in front of the trunk, the hack squat becomes an effective and easier variant than the free-weight squat.

Source: KinesPDFS, Kinesiology of Exercise Information Products Based on the Work of Dr. Michael Yessis
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=146689513

-
    -

Here is the video of David Henry addressing this issue. Based on this video I made a drawing and a custom foot plate for my hack machine.

-

-

My drawing:

-
    -

Here is the modification of my Hack Squat machine. It now has a 35" by 35" foot plate as opposed to the stock 24" by 24":

Last edited by Jetigen; 04-02-2013 at 09:47 PM.

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So to summarise this thread:

Noob: I'm a beginner. I think squats might be dangerous for me for some unspecific reasons which I will refuse to elaborate upon, so which should I use instead, machine a, or machine b?

Expert 1: Machine a and machine b are both more dangerous than squatting. You should squat properly instead using lighter weight and proper form.

Expert 2: Machine a and machine b are both more dangerous than squatting. You should squat properly instead using lighter weight and proper form.

Expert 3: Machine a and machine b are both more dangerous than squatting. You should squat properly instead using lighter weight and proper form.

Expert 4: Machine a and machine b are both more dangerous than squatting. You should squat properly instead using lighter weight and proper form.

Expert 5: Machine a and machine b are both more dangerous than squatting. You should squat properly instead using lighter weight and proper form.

Expert 6: Machine a and machine b are both more dangerous than squatting. You should squat properly instead using lighter weight and proper form.

Expert 7: Machine a and machine b are both more dangerous than squatting. If I was forced to choose a machine, probably machine a would be marginally better. But squats would be safer.

Noob: Yes, that is exactly what I thought. I will use machine a.

All experts: FFS, what part of our advice did you not understand?

Noob: Everything that did not agree with my already formed and ignorant view. Btw F you all.

All experts, everyone else: Fine. You are a dick.

Noob: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!! You are all mean and immature and I hate you and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    So to summarise this thread:

Noob: I'm a beginner. I think squats might be dangerous for me for some unspecific reasons which I will refuse to elaborate upon, so which should I use instead, machine a, or machine b?

Expert 1: Machine a and machine b are both more dangerous than squatting. You should squat properly instead using lighter weight and proper form.

Expert 2: Machine a and machine b are both more dangerous than squatting. You should squat properly instead using lighter weight and proper form.

Expert 3: Machine a and machine b are both more dangerous than squatting. You should squat properly instead using lighter weight and proper form.

Expert 4: Machine a and machine b are both more dangerous than squatting. You should squat properly instead using lighter weight and proper form.

Expert 5: Machine a and machine b are both more dangerous than squatting. You should squat properly instead using lighter weight and proper form.

Expert 6: Machine a and machine b are both more dangerous than squatting. You should squat properly instead using lighter weight and proper form.

Expert 7: Machine a and machine b are both more dangerous than squatting. If I was forced to choose a machine, probably machine a would be marginally better. But squats would be safer.

Noob: Yes, that is exactly what I thought. I will use machine a.

All experts: FFS, what part of our advice did you not understand?

Noob: Everything that did not agree with my already formed and ignorant view. Btw F you all.

All experts, everyone else: Fine. You are a dick.

Noob: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!! You are all mean and immature and I hate you and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!
    Dead on summary. Repped.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    3 damn pages and we keep coming to the same conclusion, OP doesn't want to hear the truth.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've been doing diddley squat for four weeks now and no discernable change....so you're all FULLA $HIT!

bulldogflx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are many different options if the squat just doesn't work for you......the squat machine will support your back, the leg press is good if your use proper form. I like the leg sled is which you move with the machine and your back is fully supported and you can go very deep.....
    You are smart in training safely .....if you get hurt you won't be able to train at all .....good luck!
    Randy Sandberg
    Former Judge/Promoter/Chairman

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by thegrifter View Post
    Ultimately, I am ignoring this thread moving forward; clearly the conversation has choked itself on utter stupidity. Encouraging another person to behave respond to immature behavior with immaturity is simply ridiculous and reflects poorly on the forum community as a whole.

Bummer. I would have suggested OP fill out a complaint form about his poor treatment, but alas, he's no longer with us.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)