jonnymonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Simple Nutrition Advice... Will I get scurvy?

I'm new to this (trying to fight Father Time). I think I've got my diet roughly sorted although, of course, I'm going to monitor weight and adjust macros accordingly. What I am more concerened about is whether I am missing any essential micronutrients... I would hate to end up losing my hair or teeth or something. Advice would be welcome (I will eat the same things everyday). So, what I am going to eat is:

Breakfast - Wholewheat toast, scrambled egg, baked beans, grape juice with creatine, skimmed milk. Fish oil and multi-vit.

Snack - Apple, banana, Bolognese mince.

Lunch - Chicken Breast, carrots, peas, green beans, sweetcorn, spinach/brocolli.

Snack - Peanut butter, skimmed milk, orange juice.

Evening Meal - 5 bean chili (plus lentils and pork/beef mince) with brown rice.

Late Snack/Post Work Out - Creatine, whey with skimmed milk, flax oil, fish oil, multi-vit, orange juice and lemonade.

If anybody wants to know, I'm 6ft 1, 183lbs (skinny fat, nice). I plan to work out just before bed. My macros are 2700 cals coming from approx 300g carbs, 200g protein and 75g fat. My goal is an initial 8 week fat loss period, obviously followed by an attempt to gain some muscle (I'll add another meal in at this time, and take it from there. This will be a lifestyle thing so I'm in no rush).

Any thoughts are appreciated. I have read some nutritional advice, but would welcome experienced advice on application.
    Last edited by jonnymonster; 04-01-2013 at 03:36 AM.

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't know about scurvy but you're running a real chance of getting the hep c.

BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're eating veggies and drinking orange juice so it's doubtful, but if you're concerned a good multi will act as insurance.
    Current log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149169243

Now cutting!

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JRT6 View Post
    I don't know about scurvy but you're running a real chance of getting the hep c.
    How come Hep C? <<< Unaware
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by jonnymonster View Post
    I'm new to this (trying to fight Father Time). I think I've got my diet roughly sorted although, of course, I'm going to monitor weight and adjust macros accordingly. What I am more concerened about is whether I am missing any essential micronutrients... I would hate to end up losing my hair or teeth or something. Advice would be welcome (I will eat the same things everyday). So, what I am going to eat is:

Breakfast - Wholewheat toast, scrambled egg, baked beans, grape juice with creatine, skimmed milk. Fish oil and multi-vit.

Snack - Apple, banana, Bolognese mince.

Lunch - Chicken Breast, carrots, peas, green beans, sweetcorn, spinach/brocolli.

Snack - Peanut butter, skimmed milk, orange juice.

Evening Meal - 5 bean chili (plus lentils and pork/beef mince) with brown rice.

Late Snack/Post Work Out - Creatine, whey with skimmed milk, flax oil, fish oil, multi-vit, orange juice and lemonade.

If anybody wants to know, I'm 6ft 1, 183lbs (skinny fat, nice). I plan to work out just before bed. My macros are 2700 cals coming from approx 300g carbs, 200g protein and 75g fat. My goal is an initial 8 week fat loss period, obviously followed by an attempt to gain some muscle (I'll add another meal in at this time, and take it from there. This will be a lifestyle thing so I'm in no rush).

Any thoughts are appreciated. I have read some nutritional advice, but would welcome experienced advice on application.
    What you've listed here looks okay; it's actually rare that a first post asking for such advice is so complete.

The only thing I'd suggest you rethink is your plan to eat the same foods every day. Not only is it not necessary or desirable to do so, it's not practical. In a week or two, you'll come to hate your meals, and you'll likely stray off the path and eat whatever.

Plan ahead for some variety. If you hate your food, yerdoinitwrong.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LOL wut?

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    What you've listed here looks okay; it's actually rare that a first post asking for such advice is so complete.

The only thing I'd suggest you rethink is your plan to eat the same foods every day. Not only is it not necessary or desirable to do so, it's not practical. In a week or two, you'll come to hate your meals, and you'll likely stray off the path and eat whatever.

Plan ahead for some variety. If you hate your food, yerdoinitwrong.
    Bill personally... I am an "eat the same thing every day" kind of guy. Between a bland upbringing and military chow, food is just food (to me). I think whether or not this works for you is dependent on the relationship you have with food.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    LOL wut?

Bill personally... I am an "eat the same thing every day" kind of guy. Between a bland upbringing and military chow, food is just food (to me). I think whether or not this works for you is dependent on the relationship you have with food.
    A few guys can handle that. Actually, I pretty much did for years, but only because I thought I had to.

At least OP has a bunch of micronutrient-dense food items listed; gotta look out for overall health too.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Op, i salute you on getting diet together out of the blocks..

Good luck with all

Unless you are sailing with captain cook to explore the islands would not worry about scurvy

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Scurvy, no. Period.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you're taking a multi-vitamin, which i'm sure includes vit C in it...lacking that is the cause of scurvy from what i remember. you would have to go weeks or months without it all together to get scurvy.

you'll be fine.

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    How come Hep C? <<< Unaware
    I was being sarcastic.

jonnymonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cheers guys... The scurvy question was a bit tongue in cheek, but I am concerened about overall health as well. I'm not really motivated by food in and of itself; it's always been a means to an end. The simplicity of the same thing, day in, day out really appeals. Thanks again... I'll post a six month update, letting you know if my hair has fallen out or my balls have dropped off etc...

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was being sarcastic.
    Thank god, was rerunning my diet to check for hep c exposure