Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Need Advice - Lift Heavier or Be Patient?

I recovered from my OMG moment on the scale last week. I think the jeans incident may have to do with my 4 weeks of squats, deadlifts, etc.

Here's my dilemma... I can definitely see changes in upper body but things are moving much slower in the lower region (my trouble spot). My butt actually looks bigger... not really what I'm looking for, but I guess I'll take it. I think I have a decent diet/training regimen, but despite my efforts, my cellulite looks worse.

Is this a simple "It gets worse before it gets better" scenario or should I tweak my training (lift heavier, maybe? As a beginner, I don't want to move too quickly and my knees are giving me trouble from the squats.

Thoughts?
    CHILAX...It's REALLY not that serious...

Life is short... LAUGH HARD!!!

womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is your butt actually bigger, have you taken measurements?
    Bender, part of being human is having self-control. -Amy Wong

Fat loss per month =
    Obese : 6-8%
    Moderately overweight: 4-6%
    Average: 2-4%
    Lean 1-2%
    Very lean .5-1%

^via female sticky on realistic goals

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Are you bulking or cutting right now? I'm dieting and definitely at the point where my cellulite is looking worse before it looks better. It's like the fat is coming off unevenly and it's sorta collapsing in on itself, LOL. Looks extra lumpy and gross. This has happened in the past and I freaked out about it, but now I know from experience that it eventually evens itself out and improves in appearance.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I train legs twice a week, I noticed improvement after about 5 months. Maybe have someone check ur squat form if yr knees are hurting. Be consistent with both your training and diet.
    Cheers,
    Mel x

-Just because it burns, it doesn't mean your gonna die- (Pink)

My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149651933

Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tinyblu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm hoping I am on a bulk (smile). I am eating over maintenance (according to the sticky) and lifting heavy three days a week and doing about 15 minutes of HIIT twice a week. I'm wondering if the HIIT is doing more harm than good or if I need to work on lifting heavier.

I measured my hips and they haven't budged, so it could all be in my head (well, the thinking my butt is bigger part). The cellulite certainly isn't in my head. It's in the mirror.

I started lifting again to hopefully reduce the cellulite since it appears I can't lose the butt. (don't you hate it that you can't "spot lose" but can certainly spot gain. The only place on my body where I carry noticeable fat is in the gluteal area). My waist to hip ratio is 25...39 (I hate it).

All of the women in my family are shaped the same... pears.
    CHILAX...It's REALLY not that serious...

Life is short... LAUGH HARD!!!

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Tinyblu View Post
    I'm hoping I am on a bulk (smile). I am eating over maintenance (according to the sticky) and lifting heavy three days a week and doing about 15 minutes of HIIT twice a week. I'm wondering if the HIIT is doing more harm than good or if I need to work on lifting heavier.
    Cardio kind of defies the purpose of a bulk - BUILD muscle. HIIT is borderline but why would you want to waste you efforts on a treadmill when you could be throwing around some heavier iron?

I measured my hips and they haven't budged, so it could all be in my head (well, the thinking my butt is bigger part). The cellulite certainly isn't in my head. It's in the mirror.
    Stuff will get bigger/worse on a bulk.

I started lifting again to hopefully reduce the cellulite since it appears I can't lose the butt. (don't you hate it that you can't "spot lose" but can certainly spot gain. The only place on my body where I carry noticeable fat is in the gluteal area). My waist to hip ratio is 25...39 (I hate it).
    You're not alone, I'm similar. It will go on a cut. Cellulite is a bitch, mines taken ages to go and then most of it just suddenly went and I was left with stretch marks instead. Lots of heavy squats and deadlifts.
    Way to balance yourself is to really smash your upper body too - Build the shoulders and you lats for a great V taper. It's clever what you can do to balance those hips out

All of the women in my family are shaped the same... pears.
    See above.

Please also get videos of your squats from side and front and post them here. You shouldn't be getting knee issues.