kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kittykatt44 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Easter Weekend. Rest and eat or continue training?

So I'm sure a lot of people are going to be in the same boat as I will be this weekend. Being Polish, and having a huge Polish family Easter is a big thing for us. Basically We have huge dinners, saturday sunday and monday, with a lot of yummy comforting european food and sweets lol. (thousands of calories lol) I haven't really seen a lot of my family since christmas, or even last Easter so I will be partaking in these feasts for sure. My question is, is it really going to hinder my progress if I do? I kind of feel conflicted with myself, because one side of me says "You need to stay eating clean and training hard, all that food is going to derail you too much at this point" and then the other side of me thinks "You only live once, its your family, why not for one weekend and get back on track on tuesday"?
    The past few weeks I've noticed I have not really lost any weight or had much fluctuation in body fat%. I eat clean at least 90% of the time, and i train 6x a week. I lift 4 days, and do cardio 4-5 times a week. I usually take saturdays off for rest day.
    BUT the past 3 weeks or so I've felt really blahhh.. lol. Most days i dont feel the motivation i usually have had, and i feel like i force myself into working out sometimes, because i want the results so bad lol.
    I havent taken more than 3 days off from the gym in a row since christmas, and thats the most I've taken off from the gym in a year.

So long story short, my question is should i take the three days , or even the whole long weekend off from training all together and just enjoy myself a little? I've read posts that sometimes after taking time off, and "feasting" after a week or so you actually gain in your progress, but I'm kind of scared to do a whole weekend of feasting and not going to the gym with hinder me more than help me, since I've never done a whole 3/4 days of eating "dirty"
    Plus i feel as though I'll feel really guilty about it afterwards. Both about feasting and skipping the gym.

Anyways what are your thoughts on this? anyway to help with the "guiltiness" if i did take the time off to enjoy life a little? And how would i go about after the weekend. Just go straight to my diet and workout routine? or ease back into my diet.
    Also, would extra cardio sessions next week be a good idea? or would that exhaust my body even more?

lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eating "clean" has little to do with weight loss. Calories do, regardless of what you eat. There are no clean or dirty foods and thinking that way does nothing to help your grasp on nutrition or develop a healthy relationship with food.

I'd just eat moderate portions and enjoy the holiday.

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A deload week can be helpful to your training yes, however your usual training usually needs to be pretty intense for it to actually help. If you're feeling "blah" then maybe it's time for a few more days off or at least light days. For me if my 70% lift feels like a 90% lift then it's about time for a deload, which I take every 4 weeks anyway (3 heavy weeks, 1 light week) and it usually times up pretty good.

Either way, as far as I'm concerned, training doesn't stop just because it's a holiday. Also recovery is just another aspect of training that many people tend to ignore. I wouldn't sweat it too much if you eat a lot of food for a couple days.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickypecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat less the next couple days. Try not to eat anything accept the main meals that your family makes. Add cardio if you want. Train if you want. Than just get back to your diet after the holiday

Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why would you be guilty at all? You should never feel guilty for eating food. Should also never have to force yourself to get to the gym, and if you miss a day you should not feel guilty. Only reason I would feel crappy if I missed a day is because I love lifting so much and if my body could handle it and I got paid doing it, I would do it all day. Google Orthorexia and at the same time look into flexible dieting. I am lifting 3x a week, with 3 GPP sessions a week, and I still am eating pop-tarts, sugary cereals, ice-cream, and candy and successfully cutting.

Just watch quantities of your meals. Get your micro-nutrients, adequate fiber...and if your macros are off for the weekend it's not going to harm you. Do not at all try and compensate if you go completely nuts and gorge yourself. Do not feel guilty or regretful at all. Should not fear food, food should fear you!!! LoL.
    "I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Plus I'm pretty sure Jesus gives out double muscles for Easter lifting.
    ---
    This Machine Kills Fascists.
    ---
    BULKING LOG : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137967093&pagenumber=
    ---
    BTK - Bleed Time Krew
    ---
    "He runs, an activity that we defeated eons ago when humans discovered we are slower than every other animal on earth and can ride horses" - joelash302

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by phozosado View Post
    Plus I'm pretty sure Jesus gives out double muscles for Easter lifting.
    How about the bunny?

phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    How about the bunny?
    Oh damn, I forgot about him. Spotter?
    ---
    This Machine Kills Fascists.
    ---
    BULKING LOG : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137967093&pagenumber=
    ---
    BTK - Bleed Time Krew
    ---
    "He runs, an activity that we defeated eons ago when humans discovered we are slower than every other animal on earth and can ride horses" - joelash302