Thread: water weight ?

Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

water weight ?

require a bit of advice regarding water weight. what is it and how can you avoid and can it really affect your weight on the scales that much.

because sometimes i weight my self and im 155 lbs then the next day i will be 163 lbs hows that work ?

thanks in advance

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, unless you're prepping for a competition or needing to make a weight class for whatever reason, water weight shouldn't cause too much stress. It's frustrating yes, but learn to look for changes over longer periods of time. If you look at people's logs you'll see that the scale varies from day to day but over a month, two months, etc. their average weight goes up or down (dependent on whether they're cutting or bulking).

The best way I suppose to avoid huge fluctuations is to be consistent. Sodium is a big factor in water retention, which is why people tend to "gain" a huge amount of weight from one instance of eating out. If you eat pretty much the same things everyday, you won't fluctuate as much.

And if you're a woman, you're screwed no matter what

Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merton44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    Well, unless you're prepping for a competition or needing to make a weight class for whatever reason, water weight shouldn't cause too much stress. It's frustrating yes, but learn to look for changes over longer periods of time. If you look at people's logs you'll see that the scale varies from day to day but over a month, two months, etc. their average weight goes up or down (dependent on whether they're cutting or bulking).

The best way I suppose to avoid huge fluctuations is to be consistent. Sodium is a big factor in water retention, which is why people tend to "gain" a huge amount of weight from one instance of eating out. If you eat pretty much the same things everyday, you won't fluctuate as much.

And if you're a woman, you're screwed no matter what
    great advice, thanks. I do put a lot sodium on my food so shall cut that out. I was thinking of reducing my cals from 3000 to 2800 because of the rapid increase in weight

what do you think ?

Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I find that when i up my carbs i hold alot of water weight especially round the abs and face. For example i was stuck on my weight for 2 weeks straight so i upped my carbs by 30 or 40 grams.. next day i was a pound heavier.. its an annoyance but feel great energy wise on so many carbs haha.

Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My weight goes up and down a good amount. I forget wear I heard or read this, but maybe after a lift session our muscle retain water for recovery (inflammation). I've also heard that many power lifters will sodium + water load to retain water to aid in recovery for joints or muscles. I have no idea how much of that is bro-science or not, actually curious now....will research it later.

Dat feel when sitting in a boring class.
    "I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

Originally Posted by Naeem11 View Post
    My weight goes up and down a good amount. I forget wear I heard or read this, but maybe after a lift session our muscle retain water for recovery (inflammation). I've also heard that many power lifters will sodium + water load to retain water to aid in recovery for joints or muscles. I have no idea how much of that is bro-science or not, actually curious now....will research it later.

Dat feel when sitting in a boring class.
    yeah it annoys me maybe I should focus on the mirror more and the scale less lol

tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thats not even bad, I can fluctuate up to 15 pounds on a refeed. It helps to weigh the same time every morning and if you generally eat and drink fluids around the same time frame.