ruva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Did I just make a bad or a life saving decision

A month and half ago I found a really good job as a baker, pays 18$ a hour 6 days a week 10+hours a day with alot of overtime pay.The first few weeks everything was going great, bosses were great and my supervisor was happy with my work, it was clear that in just few months that I would get premoted to something better in that bakery .The first warning sign occured when I couldn`t do a lousy benchpress warmup,because my right wrist was under alot of pain. Few days later, I would wakeup at night feeling my wrist going stoned or something. It was clear that cutting dough was damaging my wrist joints,so I asked my supervisor if he could let someone else do it. He refused and said that a big part of my job was cutting dough.So I simplely decided to quit, in order to prevent any potential chronic damage to my wrist. Had I made the right decision or should have I stayed and gave a chance to my body to adapt.

JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ruva View Post
    A month and half ago I found a really good job as a baker, pays 18$ a hour 6 days a week 10+hours a day with alot of overtime pay.The first few weeks everything was going great, bosses were great and my supervisor was happy with my work, it was clear that in just few months that I would get premoted to something better in that bakery .The first warning sign occured when I couldn`t do a lousy benchpress warmup,because my right wrist was under alot of pain. Few days later, I would wakeup at night feeling my wrist going stoned or something. It was clear that cutting dough was damaging my wrist joints,so I asked my supervisor if he could let someone else do it. He refused and said that a big part of my job was cutting dough.So I simplely decided to quit, in order to prevent any potential chronic damage to my wrist. Had I made the right decision or should have I stayed and gave a chance to my body to adapt.
    Definitely made the wrong decision. Should have got it checked out first or found another job before quitting. Best of luck with whatever happens.

ruva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JMcC775 View Post
    Definitely made the wrong decision. Should have got it checked out first or found another job before quitting. Best of luck with whatever happens.
    thanks man, my mother suffers from severe back pain. That fact had a big influence in my hastey decsion makingm regarding this matter..

ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do you even worker's comp?
    Savage 'bout my cabbage.

DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah I would have seen a doc first, and if it was something that hurt you on the job, you'd at least have something you could take to your employer and show them why you can't cut the dough, and if they couldn't accept that, you get worker's comp. Either way, good luck figuring all that out.

aussieeee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Possibly a bit hasty, you may have got used to it ins couple months. However it may also have been doing perm damage, maybe your technique was wrong? I would have checked with a doctor first but I guess it's upto you what your priorities are in life.

Best of luck

orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well..."lifesaving" may be overstating it a bit. Your wrists were sore; the job wasn't giving you cancer or anything.

PaiaGrown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PaiaGrown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PaiaGrown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PaiaGrown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PaiaGrown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PaiaGrown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PaiaGrown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PaiaGrown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PaiaGrown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PaiaGrown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PaiaGrown has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Not sure if srs. I palletize produce and make 22 an hour and work 6 days a week also. I gotta lift heavy bags and boxes of produce all day. I hurt my left wrist/thumb and threw on a brace for 2 weeks while still working and doing cardio/legs for those 2 weeks. Now everythings back to normal.

Home schooled in Gym Liftn4life707's Avatar
    Liftn4life707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liftn4life707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liftn4life707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liftn4life707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liftn4life707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liftn4life707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liftn4life707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liftn4life707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liftn4life707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liftn4life707 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liftn4life707 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The way the job market is today, I would have tried to find a solution to the wrist problem. Perhaps a modified knife with better grips adjusted to put less strain on the wrists. Maybe lowering the work surface to put more of the work towards the shoulders and back. Hope there's no permanent damage and good luck.

SunKilMoon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunKilMoon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunKilMoon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunKilMoon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunKilMoon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunKilMoon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunKilMoon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunKilMoon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunKilMoon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunKilMoon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SunKilMoon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That was really stupid. You should have went and talked to your DR. My friend had the same problem (not the same job) and they gave him 6 weeks off on compo for his wrists to heal.

He looked for a new job during this time.

JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) JChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Depends on how plentiful $18 dollarish an hour jobs are.

You were rash.

It still could be the right or wrong decision though. Hindsight will be 20/20.

Seanboyt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Seanboyt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Seanboyt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Seanboyt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Seanboyt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Seanboyt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Seanboyt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Should have tried the doctor first.