JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest day questions! veteran lifters help me out

I didn't want to post in teen section because I would like some legitimate advice from guys that know what they're talking about. My chest is lacking and I've been trying to build it up as much as possible

In your opinion, are flyes completely necessary for chest development?

I've had rotator cuff problems in the past and it doesn't feel 100% still, it probably never will. whenever I do flyes i never really feel it in my chest, I usually just feel strain on my shoulders so I haven't been doing them. My chest workout has been
    Flat barbell bench - 4 sets, 4 - 6 reps
    Flat dumbbell bench - 4 sets, 6 - 10 reps
    Incline barbell bench - 4 sets, 6 - 10 reps
    Incline dumbbell bench - 4 sets, 6 - 10 reps
    Will this still be effective? I have been making progress, but does anybody else not include flyes into their chest day?

Also, If i combine chest/shoulders in one day, I add this on to my chest workout
    Seated dumbbell military press - 4 sets, 6 - 12 reps
    Lateral raises seated - 3 sets, 20 reps
    Lateral raises standing, superset with lighter weight - 3 sets, 20 reps

Will this be enough? My front deltas are usually destroyed after benching so I feel like I don't need any more pressing movements for shoulders
    Attached Images

jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wouldn't say your chest is lacking....looks pretty solid. I noticed there was no decline listed. I would suggest adding that into your routine. Besides that, routine looks decent. Also make sure you have good form, I'm saying this because I had an issue with my rotator cuff as well, this was largely caused by bad form with heavy weight when I first started out.

V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V.I.C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As jeff has stated I would add decline in. I would also try and hit incline before flat bench. If flat is putting strain on your shoulders best to hit the chest with incline first.

Have you tried cable flyes over DB ones?
    Vic's transformation thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147620463

nicky86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Would suggest 3 sets of weighted dips to failure for lower chest instead of decline. And as stated from above, start with incline.

Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would start off with inclines or alternate from with incline/flat/incline/flat presses.

Visuallly, most of the mass is in upper chest and starting off with inclines allows you to go the heaviest to promote development in that region of the chest. I also prefer dips to decline presses. I get a better stretch, and to be honest..after a ton of heavy sets of inclines and flats, not much energy left to hit declines. I will throw in some decline hammer presses every now and then though.

If it's off-season, I don't think flys are necessary every week. My off-season program is all heavy presses and compound movements. I will throw in an isolation workout every 3rd week to give my joints some recovery time.

jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    I would start off with inclines or alternate from with incline/flat/incline/flat presses.

Visuallly, most of the mass is in upper chest and starting off with inclines allows you to go the heaviest to promote development in that region of the chest. I also prefer dips to decline presses. I get a better stretch, and to be honest..after a ton of heavy sets of inclines and flats, not much energy left to hit declines. I will throw in some decline hammer presses every now and then though.

If it's off-season, I don't think flys are necessary every week. My off-season program is all heavy presses and compound movements. I will throw in an isolation workout every 3rd week to give my joints some recovery time.
    Great advice....Repped

JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JPSmyth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    aren't dips hard on your rotator cuffs?

also, any advice for the shoulder workout after hitting chest?