rajspeeder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Does Whey protein add body weight

Hi All,

I am following Kris gethin 12 week transformation program from bodybuilding.com. I see some results but i am not loosing weight at all. I see , i am gaining little weight too. I do 1 hour weight training in the afternoon and then take 30grams of ON Whey protein gold. I do 45 min swimming in the night and then take 30grams of Whey protein gold. I take overall 60grams of ON Whey protein a day. I am 5 feet 11 inches, 215 lbs weight, 25% body fat.

Am i taking too much of whey protein or is there some other reason for not loosing fat\weight.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks.

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    cdarcy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cdarcy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cdarcy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rajspeeder View Post
    Hi All,

I am following Kris gethin 12 week transformation program from bodybuilding.com. I see some results but i am not loosing weight at all. I see , i am gaining little weight too. I do 1 hour weight training in the afternoon and then take 30grams of ON Whey protein gold. I do 45 min swimming in the night and then take 30grams of Whey protein gold. I take overall 60grams of ON Whey protein a day. I am 5 feet 11 inches, 215 lbs weight, 25% body fat.

Am i taking too much of whey protein or is there some other reason for not loosing fat\weight.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks.
    Just as a wild shot in the dark, sid? and yeah whey protein is pretty calorific, in all actuality I wonder if it is even possible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. You really require a calorific excess to get gains and you require a lack of calories to cut down.

AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi All,

Kindly suggest.

Thanks.
    Calories in > calories out = weight gain

Calories in < calories out = weight loss
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Gandhi

ISSA CFT

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Hi All,

Kindly suggest.

Thanks.
    We would need your total daily calorie intake as well as a breakdown of carb/fat/protein totals to comment further.

Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Judge248 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AntonisD View Post

Thats the sum of it.

And OP, since you are starting out overweight you can probably make some gains in muscle mass while burning fat. For a certain period of time, you may not be losing pounds of the scale but your body composition will change (lose a couple ounces of fat and gain a couple ounces of muscle). You can keep track of this by vigilantly monitoring your body fat. As you transition out of the newbie stage and your body fat gets down, eventually you will need to decide if you want to burn fat or gain muscle by (1) either keeping your calories at or below maintenance level or (2) eating a surplus of calories. But for now if your goal is to lose fat and build some muscle I would say eat your maintenance level of calories or run a slight deficit.
    Muscles For Marriage: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166041651

Ten Lifting Commandments: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153518741

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Hi All,

Kindly suggest.

Thanks.
    If you're not dropping weight, you're eating too much. Adjust your calorie intake until you begin to see a 1-pound-per week loss of body weight.

BTW, 60 grams of ON whey protein only equals about 240 calories.

Actually, what you really need is to step away from gethin's advices, and get your nutrition tightened-up.

Start over again, here:

No requirement for supplements at your level; learn how to eat first. This thread will explain all the steps to figure your baseline of required protein, fat, carbs, and calories:
    *Emma-Leigh's calorie/macro thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Buy an inexpensive digital food scale (~$30 at any big-box discount store), weigh your portions, and track them here: http://fitday.com
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Emeka650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it can be used for cutting or gaining. Depends on if you're at a caloric deficit or surplus

fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50) fnares will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AntonisD View Post

^^ This x10
    In addition to being an amazing body builder (LOL), I'm also a rapper.
    Check out my group's youtube page:

www.youtube.com/wenthemooneclypse

And my solo youtube page

www.youtube.com/frankielyrical

rajspeeder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Food diet

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

I consume approx. 2300 to 2800 calories a day.
    Height: 180 cms, Weight = 215 lbs, Age = 35, Male

Approx. Diet Routine
    Breakfast - approx 550 cal
    1 cup Oats
    2 white eggs and 1 whole egg
    chicken thigh
    1 coffee

Excercise
    C4 Cellucor - 5gms
    weight training (1 hour)
    Whey Protein - 30 gms

Lunch
    Indian food - approx 650 calories
    (Chapati, Indian curry)

Snack - 150 to 350 calories
    Chicken Thigh or 2 Fruits (apple or banana)

Dinner
    Indian food - 700 calories

Swimming(45 min)
    Whey Protein - 30 grams

Before bed: 150 calories

Based on the calorie consumption website, I should eat around 2300 calories * 1.5 level of training = 3400 calories

I still eat under the prescibed calories. The problem is ,if i cut down my food, i have less energy during my workouts. Even with the above portion of food, i feel i donot have sufficient energy to push more weights.

Any advise.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    2300-2800 is a large variation. Are you aiming to lose fat or gain muscle? You need to track more accurately and choose a level which either causes weight loss (low cals) or muscle gain (high cals). Trying to do both at the same time might work for a little while when you are a complete beginner but it soon stops working effectively.

You also need to check protein and fat grams and compare them to what is recommended as minimum levels in the macro calculation sticky thread in the nutrition forum.