Reddit2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

variations of the power clean.

I know you guys are gonna laugh at me for this,
    But i want a 400 lb power clean before i graduate high school.
    Can anyone give me some tips on exercises i should be doing, how often, and what reps/sets.
    Please dontdont suggest ayou Program because i lift with my football team and need things i can do specifically for my power clean.

Thanks in advance

LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Powercleaning. Snatches. Cleans. Oly Lifts.

Higher amounts of sets (5 is a good number to work with), a couple reps.

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you want to improve your clean, you're going to have to clean. No different to a bench routine. I'm not sure what you mean by not suggesting a program, but if you ladder your cleans (1,2,3,1,2,3, etc) you'll get lots in and improve.

Clean pulls will work to increase the weight you can handle.
    Deadlifts are a good contrast exercise to use in a jump set.
    Power snatches are good, too. They'll increase bar velocity. You can do these with a clean grip, as well. It decreases the learning curve and might even be more specific.
    And Romanian deadlifts, which would be the non-explosive version of the hang clean.

KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What would you experts say what kind of importance would some kind of clean complex have in here?
    Pokemon X and Y crew FC: 5215-0470-3034 (X)

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Experts? More like anonymous internet typists......

Anyway, to create a clean-oriented complex, choose exercises from this list:

- Upright Row
    - Hang clean
    - Power Snatch
    - Romanian DL
    - Power Clean from floor
    - High Pull
    - Clean Pull
    - Deadlift

These are arranged in rough order from lightest exercise to heaviest. I'd pick 4 and do them as a slower movement, accelerating movement, another slower movement and another accelerating movement. I'd move down the list and finish with deads if I thought it would help. Good way to do conditioning.

Some would say start from the bottom and work up, which would take better advantage of post activation potentiation. Probably better for strength.

Before people come in with various iterations of Javorek, Couture and Cosgrove complexes, please note, I pretty much just put this together on the fly. I wouldn't actually recommend complexes for improvement of the clean. I'd stick with contrast.

KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by krakkerz View Post
    Experts? More like anonymous internet typists.....
    Well, to me you are an expert.

So at this point where an athlete is attempting to increase his weight on clean the complexes don't play as significant value whereas for an beginner trying to learn the moves?

KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KGD54 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Learn proper form from someone that truly knows it!!! the clean is such a technical lift, brute strength will only get you so far where as technique can get you so much farther. A college teammate of mine broke the state record in high school at 215lbs cleaned 365, ya he is strong but its because his high school strength coach was a D1 strength coach for many years and actually taught him proper technique. I am actually stronger than that guy at every other lift but his form is so good on the clean he can not be touched!
    Watch videos, listen to experts, focus on form. Work on wrist and knee bend the better you can shoot your arms through and the lower you can squat down to get under the weight the heavier weight you will be able to do.

Originally Posted by KidAlchemy View Post
    So at this point where an athlete is attempting to increase his weight on clean the complexes don't play as significant value whereas for an beginner trying to learn the moves?
    Correct. Complexes are a conditioning tool. They keep the bar in your hands for a long period and are great for improving tolerance to exercise as well as endurance and recovery. The exercises I've listed above are all good assistance for cleans as they assist various parts of the lift. However, with a complex, you're restricted by the weight of the lightest exercise. So, it's not likely to help too much.

Even for the beginner, the most important part is practice. Complexes, to me, aren't a good practice modality. Beginners need to work on the movement. Once you have it down pat, repeated, high rep practice is what ingrains the pattern. Rather than lots of reps of similar exercises.

Originally Posted by krakkerz View Post
    Correct. Complexes are a conditioning tool. They keep the bar in your hands for a long period and are great for improving tolerance to exercise as well as endurance and recovery. The exercises I've listed above are all good assistance for cleans as they assist various parts of the lift. However, with a complex, you're restricted by the weight of the lightest exercise. So, it's not likely to help too much.

Even for the beginner, the most important part is practice. Complexes, to me, aren't a good practice modality. Beginners need to work on the movement. Once you have it down pat, repeated, high rep practice is what ingrains the pattern. Rather than lots of reps of similar exercises.
    Ok, seems simple. Thanks!

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Step 1. Deadlift 500 pounds
    Step 2. Squat 500 pounds to depth.

I guarentee if you cant do those two first you'll never clean 400.

And get an actual coach. Not some Crossfit Level 1 Cert douchbag who played with a PVC pipe for 4 hours on a Saturday morning.

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Step 1. Deadlift 500 pounds
    Step 2. Squat 500 pounds to depth.

I guarentee if you cant do those two first you'll never clean 400.
    Excellent point right here.....

mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mastermold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Reddit2012 View Post
    I know you guys are gonna laugh at me for this,
    But i want a 400 lb power clean before i graduate high school.
    Can anyone give me some tips on exercises i should be doing, how often, and what reps/sets.
    Please dontdont suggest ayou Program because i lift with my football team and need things i can do specifically for my power clean.

Thanks in advance
    400 is a lot. I would recommend reading some books like supertraining by mel siff, westside barbell book of methods Louie simmons, some stuff by tudor bompa, and listening to michael yessis on youtube.

We will not be able topost everything u need ask us for resources

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mastermold View Post
    400 is a lot. I would recommend reading some books like supertraining by mel siff, westside barbell book of methods Louie simmons, some stuff by tudor bompa, and listening to michael yessis on youtube.

We will not be able topost everything u need ask us for resources
    you know Louie Simmons and Westside have nothing to do with Olympic Lifting? Have you ever done a power clean in your life or do you just read about it on the internet? Its been years since I read supertraining but I dont think he barely mentions power cleans as well.