AlbertTrotter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arm Pain After Preachers & BB Curls

Title say's it all, after doing preacher's when I put the weight down I get alot of pain in the arm after it. I went to the doctor's about it and she said it wasent tendonitus from the spot I was feeling the pain, anyone know why it is hurting after these exercises?

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by AlbertTrotter View Post
    Title say's it all, after doing preacher's when I put the weight down I get alot of pain in the arm after it. I went to the doctor's about it and she said it wasent tendonitus from the spot I was feeling the pain, anyone know why it is hurting after these exercises?
    Where, specifically, are you feeling pain?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10) EYZE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What does your forearm workout look like? I noticed this was happening to me a few months ago. I would get pain in my forearms close to my elbow after doing preacher or incline curls. I stepped up my forearm routine and made some quick gains while just maintaining my biceps. After a few weeks the pain was completely gone. My guess is that my forearms were not properly proportional to my biceps and just needed to be balanced out. best of luck...

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    Where, specifically, are you feeling pain?
    I would say it's like a straining pain, like if you're arm is twisted for ages so far you will feel like a stiffness pain after you return it to the normal position. It's hard to explain but I have the pain with me for 1-2 week's after doing it, also it's not even heavy weight I could use just the bar and still get the same result.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I would say it's like a straining pain, like if you're arm is twisted for ages so far you will feel like a stiffness pain after you return it to the normal position. It's hard to explain but I have the pain with me for 1-2 week's after doing it, also it's not even heavy weight I could use just the bar and still get the same result.
    When you went to the doctor and showed him the spot where you were feeling pain, where on your arm was that?

xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500)
    Why not switch to dumbbells?
    They are better for muscle balance and stability and don't supinate your hand so much. And preacher curls are horrible exercises, I have never had a good experience with preacher curls, they put to much stress on the elbow.

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    When you went to the doctor and showed him the spot where you were feeling pain, where on your arm was that?
    Sorry for the late reply KBKB thing's have been busy irl. Uhmm if you look at you're hand with the palm facing you on the left side go down id say about 1 inch and a little bit from the wrist in the center of the arm on the left side it is hurting. It feel's like it's between the bone and the muscle but I cant be sure for cirtain because that area is still sore even after stopping preachers and bb curl's and I stopped them about a month ago.

Uhmm if you look at you're hand with the palm facing you on the left side go down id say about 1 inch and a little bit from the wrist in the center of the arm on the left side it is hurting. It feel's like it's between the bone and the muscle but I cant be sure for cirtain because that area is still sore even after stopping preachers and bb curl's and I stopped them about a month ago.
    Okay, so inside of wrist about an inch or so up the forearm from the wrist, right?

Using your other hand, try massaging your forearm flexors further up the forearm. Stop and focus on areas which feel tender or even painful when you press on them. You may be able to find these areas more quickly by rolling a tennis ball up and down the forearm - put the tennis ball on a table and use the length of your forearm to roll the tennis ball back and forth along the table. Be sure to angle your forearm in various ways so that you roll against all of the muscle fibers in the forearm. If, in the process of doing this rolling, you find one or more spots that kind of hurt when you roll over them, either work the tennis ball in a lot harder on those areas, or use your fingers or some other massage tool to work in deep.

I've found this tool to be especially effective for doing this kind of massage.

I discuss that and other massage tools in this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=137619833

What is the name of that thing you posted in the picture so I can look into it?

What is the name of that thing you posted in the picture so I can look into it?
    It's the Hand Tool from Pressure Pointer. If you get one, you'll need to order some heads to go on each end. The photo that I posted above shows the Hand Tool with the medium 1.5" roller and the 1/2" rubber finger. Both of these heads are useful for working on the forearm (and other areas too). The roller is useful to quickly find potential trigger points. Roll it firmly up and down a muscle. Once you find some areas that hurt, you can do a more focused massage with the rubber tip on the other end.

Cheer's mate you have been a big help