beettogtz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation How many days should you workout your chest?

Hell! I just wanted to know how many days can you train your chest through our the week? Today Monday, I did bench press with 20 lbs. I am a beginner, of course. My questions is, can I train my chest on Wednesday and on Friday and so on? Or how does the chest work? Also, how many sets and reps do I need to do in order to gain muscle (obtain chest.) Thank you for your time and patience!

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you can't bench press your bodyweight, you would probably get more out of the following exercises:

-pistol squats
    -pushups
    -pullups
    -dips
    -handstand pushups
    -high rep deadlifting

Speaking as someone who presently trains almost exclusively with weights, I am a big believer in beginners using high volume bodyweight exercise for everything but their lower backs. My personal philosophy is that a newbie should first max out their ability to make progress using their body weight before they try bench pressing or any of that other business.

It's infinitely more convenient and is much quicker and easier at accomplishing the goal of acquiring a basic level of strength all over the body. It also reduces the chance that a novice will try to get strong by lifting weights, screw something up and end up still weaker than he would've been if he just did a lot of pushups: it pretty well guarantees that a certain level of strength will be acquired.

If you do a good thorough job of using bodyweight + deadlifts to train in the beginning AND eat a buttload of protein, when you start transitioning away from bodyweight stuff and more towards lifting you may find that you're already pretty strong. That will help a person stick with it and avoid feeling embarrassed to go to the gym because their lifts are pathetic.

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how many days depending on how fast you recover.
    working harder means recover longer. at 20lbs you can do it everyday I would imagine. start adding weight.

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by beettogtz View Post
    Hell! I just wanted to know how many days can you train your chest through our the week? Today Monday, I did bench press with 20 lbs. I am a beginner, of course. My questions is, can I train my chest on Wednesday and on Friday and so on? Or how does the chest work? Also, how many sets and reps do I need to do in order to gain muscle (obtain chest.) Thank you for your time and patience!

Since you are a beginner I suggest sticking to a program designed for beginners to avoid the troubles you will run through while designing your own program with your current experience.

Example
    All Pro's : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
    Starting Strength : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131379243
    -The first is more hypertrophy oriented and the second is more strength oriented

Answers to all of your questions will be found in the very same threads.

Originally Posted by IDrinkBloodLOL View Post
    If you can't bench press your bodyweight, you would probably get more out of the following exercises:

-pistol squats
    -pushups
    -pullups
    -dips
    -handstand pushups
    -high rep deadlifting

Speaking as someone who presently trains almost exclusively with weights, I am a big believer in beginners using high volume bodyweight exercise for everything but their lower backs. My personal philosophy is that a newbie should first max out their ability to make progress using their body weight before they try bench pressing or any of that other business.

It's infinitely more convenient and is much quicker and easier at accomplishing the goal of acquiring a basic level of strength all over the body. It also reduces the chance that a novice will try to get strong by lifting weights, screw something up and end up still weaker than he would've been if he just did a lot of pushups: it pretty well guarantees that a certain level of strength will be acquired.

If you do a good thorough job of using bodyweight + deadlifts to train in the beginning AND eat a buttload of protein, when you start transitioning away from bodyweight stuff and more towards lifting you may find that you're already pretty strong. That will help a person stick with it and avoid feeling embarrassed to go to the gym because their lifts are pathetic.
    Thank you so much for your information. I will try these exercises! (:

Originally Posted by speedjason View Post
    how many days depending on how fast you recover.
    working harder means recover longer. at 20lbs you can do it everyday I would imagine. start adding weight.
    Okay sounds good to me. I will start adding weight. Thanks again!

Thank you for the links!

Originally Posted by DivaJana View Post
    Since you are a beginner I suggest sticking to a program designed for beginners to avoid the troubles you will run through while designing your own program with your current experience.

Example

Answers to all of your questions will be found in the very same threads.
    Thank you so much for the links that your provided me! I will take a look, thank you for your time (:

Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You have to workout your back as much, if not more then your chest. Do chest for how ever many days are comfortable for you as long as you can do back workouts for just as many days. Getting a good just is personal preference. The standard is 15 sets all together that works the chest, shoulders, and triceps. 8 reps each set. Many people (such as myself) believe incline presses (incline dumbell press, incline barbell bench) give the best chest since the upper chest is what seems to lack on everyones body. I use to only do flat barbell bench and found okay results. Once i switched to incline dumbbell bench, my chest gets destroyed. Don't do too much barbell bench. Do mostly dumbbell since it also works stabilizing muscles which will keep your shoulders healthy. Do 2 exercises 3 sets mainly for chest on your chest days or 1 exercise 5 sets. Dips and bench are the best chest exercises. Keep good form in mind. Don't rush trying to get muscle. Don't workout too much. Don't use too much weight. Good luck

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I target chest twice - a heavy/primary session on Mondays, and a lighter/secondary session on Thursdays.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

roadkiller29 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) roadkiller29 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) roadkiller29 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) roadkiller29 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) roadkiller29 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) roadkiller29 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) roadkiller29 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) roadkiller29 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) roadkiller29 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) roadkiller29 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) roadkiller29 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    big mucsels like back or chest or legs etc... take useualy from 4 to 5 days to recover small muscles take from 2 to 3 days if that answer ur question