hcjewell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My First Post!! Being Realistic and Self-perception

Hello BB.com! This is my first post (very exciting!). I started working out with a personal trainer about 4 weeks ago in prep for a professional dance audition on April 20. I started out in January 2013 on my own at 141 lbs, 31 in waist, 19 in thighs, hips 36 in, and chest 36 in.

Today, I vary at 135-137 lbs, 28-28.5 in waist, 19 in thigh, 34.5 hips, and about a 35 chest (though I went from a 36 bra to 32-34 and my cups are down considerably). I am 27 years old and 5'5.5". I'm in a size 4 (some size 2 pants) from a size 6 in January. I just bought my Easter dress as a size XS! So I am pleased with this progression.

I train 6 days a week..HIIT cardio and strength training that is metabolic. I eat 1200-1400 cals/day at 40% fat 40% protein and 20% carbs. I eat clean! I recently started taking Cellucor CLK, bee pollen, and I use Cellucor Whey protein.

I guess my questions are:

1) Is this good progression? I feel great, but technically, is this good progess in the fitness world?

2) My goal for April 20 is a 26 in waist. Will a 7-10 day out diet before the audition help with this goal? I don't want to completely carb deplete since the audition will be vigorous at times, but I would like my mid section to look great too.

3) Any tips or thoughts?

This is a new journey for me! I've always been active and "tried" to eat right, but this is the first time I've decided to push!
    HcJewell
    Eat.Pray.Love....and work out!

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Measurement goals are somewhat unrealistic - your body shape and structure may mean you will never be a 26" waist.

Be cautious with you calories, you need to understand that 1200 is not sustainable for long periods; it's well below your BMR. It all depends whether you are literally doing this for that one audition or whether you plan to make this a new lifestyle.

Originally Posted by wakechica View Post
    Measurement goals are somewhat unrealistic - your body shape and structure may mean you will never be a 26" waist.

Be cautious with you calories, you need to understand that 1200 is not sustainable for long periods; it's well below your BMR. It all depends whether you are literally doing this for that one audition or whether you plan to make this a new lifestyle.
    If measurement goals are "somewhat unrealistic" then what should I focus on to measure progress? I feel great and I can "see results". I guess I don't want to have a warped perception and being the science person that I am, if I have numbers to evaluate then I can rest more easy that I'm headed in the right direction.

Like I said, this lifestyle is new too me. Yes, I've always been an active person, never ate junk food all the time, and was active duty military for 6 years. But I want this to be my lifestyle. My long term goal (or for life) is to eat healthy and be proud of my fitness level.

I'm looking at the audition as the kick-starter to my new way of thinking about fitness, nutrition, and a healthy mindset.
    HcJewell

womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Totally off topic, but what kind of dance? I love dance and think it's awesome to see someone, you know, not 20, pursuing it professionally
    Bender, part of being human is having self-control. -Amy Wong

Fat loss per month =
    Obese : 6-8%
    Moderately overweight: 4-6%
    Average: 2-4%
    Lean 1-2%
    Very lean .5-1%

^via female sticky on realistic goals

Originally Posted by womanoid View Post
    Totally off topic, but what kind of dance? I love dance and think it's awesome to see someone, you know, not 20, pursuing it professionally
    I've trained in hip-hop, modern (w/ a little African too), jazz, ballet, tap, clogging, bellydance, ballroom and Latin styles. I'm auditioning for a professional cheerleading team (which actually requires dance technique vs. cheer/tumbling). I'm really excited about it! The average age is actually 26 for most teams since you are appealing to 35-55 year old men, haha! So, the director is actually looking for women that look 25 and it's difficult to make the team if you are under 21. We will see! It's my first year auditioning and it is difficult to make it the first time around. I've was in the Navy for some time, so now it's MY time to try things I've always wanted too
    HcJewell

womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cool! I considered joining an MLS team's dance squad (didn't have the time though). Up close most didn't have perfect bodies, so unless you're trying out for like a major team, I think your body is fine as is.

Good luck!
    Bender, part of being human is having self-control. -Amy Wong

Fat loss per month =
    Obese : 6-8%
    Moderately overweight: 4-6%
    Average: 2-4%
    Lean 1-2%
    Very lean .5-1%

^via female sticky on realistic goals

Originally Posted by womanoid View Post
    Cool! I considered joining an MLS team's dance squad (didn't have the time though). Up close most didn't have perfect bodies, so unless you're trying out for like a major team, I think your body is fine as is.

Good luck!
    Thank you for the encouragment!
    HcJewell