Thread: PHAT legs day

DPHSeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) DPHSeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) DPHSeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) DPHSeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) DPHSeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) DPHSeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) DPHSeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) DPHSeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) DPHSeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) DPHSeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) DPHSeric will become famous soon enough. (+50)

PHAT legs day

Hey guys, I recently switched over to the PHAT (power hypertrophy and adaptive training) style routine popularized by Layne Norton and I'll tell ya I really like it so far. Prior to this, I was on a 10 day split (5 days heavy 5 days light/volume) and this is basically the same thing but condensed into one week. The doms are crazy, especially after the hypertrophy volume days going into the power days, but I guess your body adapts to it which results in gains. I have a short video of my squats from power leg day here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPfHj...ature=youtu.be
    You'll see my last set after 3 warmup sets, 2 acclimation and 2 working sets of squats and front squats. It was definitely nice to feel fatigued from doing legs only 2 days before that and still being able to squat heavy with good form. Hope you enjoy!

Here's my own version of PHAT legs day (power)

Squats: warmup gradually, and 2 acclimation sets
    3 sets 3-5 reps
    Front Squats: one set acclimation
    3 sets 4-6 reps
    Stiff leg deadlifts:
    2 sets 6-10 reps
    Leg Press:
    2 sets 6-10
    Seated leg extension:
    3 sets 6-10
    Lying leg curls:
    3 sets 6-10

Standing calf raises:
    4 sets 6-10
    Alternating calf presses on the leg press
    3 sets Each foot 6-10 reps (then to failure using both feet at same time)

It's been working well so far, but then again, any big change to your regular routine should be good news.
    my artwork www.erictranconcepts.com
    "Those who can see the invisible, can achieve the imposible."

230-240 lbs 6'2"

JustinXM8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinXM8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinXM8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinXM8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinXM8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinXM8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinXM8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinXM8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinXM8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinXM8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinXM8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DPHSeric View Post
    Hey guys, I recently switched over to the PHAT (power hypertrophy and adaptive training) style routine popularized by Layne Norton and I'll tell ya I really like it so far. Prior to this, I was on a 10 day split (5 days heavy 5 days light/volume) and this is basically the same thing but condensed into one week. The doms are crazy, especially after the hypertrophy volume days going into the power days, but I guess your body adapts to it which results in gains. I have a short video of my squats from power leg day here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPfHj...ature=youtu.be
    You'll see my last set after 3 warmup sets, 2 acclimation and 2 working sets of squats and front squats. It was definitely nice to feel fatigued from doing legs only 2 days before that and still being able to squat heavy with good form. Hope you enjoy!

Here's my own version of PHAT legs day (power)

Squats: warmup gradually, and 2 acclimation sets
    3 sets 3-5 reps
    Front Squats: one set acclimation
    3 sets 4-6 reps
    Stiff leg deadlifts:
    2 sets 6-10 reps
    Leg Press:
    2 sets 6-10
    Seated leg extension:
    3 sets 6-10
    Lying leg curls:
    3 sets 6-10

Standing calf raises:
    4 sets 6-10
    Alternating calf presses on the leg press
    3 sets Each foot 6-10 reps (then to failure using both feet at same time)

It's been working well so far, but then again, any big change to your regular routine should be good news.
    A Template I made to keep track of my workouts while on Layne Norton's P.H.A.T training. Each packet last 3 weeks where I will then switch up my power days with a different lift, each page is a different day. Under the "weights" column, I enter a default weight that I will not go below during those weeks, columns 1,2 and 3 I enter the weight I actually did that day. Date 1,2, and 3 I enter the amount of reps I performed on that day.

Sorry if I waste anyone time but I figured this may be useful for some. Good luck.
    Attached Images
    Attached Files