Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Best angle for an incline bench press? (degree)

I feel as though I may have the bench too low. Can somebody please tell me the ideal angle for hitting the upper chest the best, and also any study to support this would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i like it around 30

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Common angle is around 30-35 but it's good to cycle in higher rack points to around 45-60. Just note it turns more into a shoulder movement.
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do two angles since complete upper chest development has always been a challenge for me. 45 degrees for stimulating my upper chest right near the collarbone. 15 degrees for mid to upper chest. Then I round it out with dips for the lower chest and call it a day.

Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ajklpool is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Thanks for the feedback fellas.

& @ DiamondDelts.. I didn't really kno that the 45 degree angle stimulates the area around the collarbone more.. Coinsidently that is where I am also lagging behind in my chest development, so I will make sure I hit a 45 degree angle first today in my chest workout. Thanks!

JoeRockhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeRockhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeRockhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeRockhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeRockhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeRockhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeRockhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeRockhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeRockhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeRockhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeRockhead will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by the iron addict View Post
    The incline bench press is no doubt the 2nd most popular chest movement BBers do in search of pec size. With the bench press of course holding the number one spot. Whether done with a strait bar, or dumbbells, it is a wonderful lift to shift the emphasis somewhat to the upper pecs, and provide different neural and muscular stimulation from the same old, same old bench press. Now comes the down-side. MOST of the equipment that is setup for this movement is all wrong and makes what could have been a good chest move into a so-so front delt movement. Most of the fixed incline benches are set at 45 degrees, some even higher. This is truly much too high too keep your pecs in the game optimally. Yes, there will still be some upper pec stimulation at the degree of incline, but it is much less than if the bench were set lower. Electro-magnetic imaging studies show the flat bench press hits all areas of the pectorals?€?..and hit them hard. Inclines, done on electro-magnetic imaging studies show the upper pecs are well stimulated, but the lower pecs are either not hit very hard, or barely at all?€”dependent on incline angle.

You dont need a tall incline to make an incline bench press a great upper chest movement. 15-30 degrees is about right for most people. God know front delts are the most abused body-part and making the incline bench just another front delt move is surely not the intent of doing inclines for most people. Look at your equipment and adjust if needed, and if possible. I used to workout at a gym that had one incline bench that was fixed at about 60 degrees great. Thats what happens when you let some engineer that has never lifted a weight design equipment.

Iron Addict