Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What is the healthiest sandwich you can make in Subway?

Lets say you are with all of your mates. They all decide they want to go to Subway. You have to go as well. You are conscious that some of the stuff in there is unhealthy. You want to create the healthiest sub possible. Describe it in full detail.

matthew8789 is not very helpful. (-500) matthew8789 is not very helpful. (-500) matthew8789 is not very helpful. (-500) matthew8789 is not very helpful. (-500) matthew8789 is not very helpful. (-500) matthew8789 is not very helpful. (-500) matthew8789 is not very helpful. (-500) matthew8789 is not very helpful. (-500) matthew8789 is not very helpful. (-500) matthew8789 is not very helpful. (-500) matthew8789 is not very helpful. (-500)
    The one without anything.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Hopsinrapper View Post
    Lets say you are with all of your mates. They all decide they want to go to Subway. You have to go as well. You are conscious that some of the stuff in there is unhealthy. You want to create the healthiest sub possible. Describe it in full detail.
    i wouldnt say subway is healthy in general if you want to say something is "healthy"

Chipotle would be my choice if you want to be "healthy" or eat "clean"

m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000) m0nkeh24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    healthiest way for subway... wheat bread with a meat choice like regular chicken or turkey, nothing covered in sauce... no type of sauces like mayo... and lots of veggies.. with maybe some yogurt for ur side... with water lol

+100000000 to chipotle, taste AMAZING..
    - US Army - 19D - OEF 11/12
    - Currently running 531 and highly recommend it
    - Last weigh in : 181lbs
    - Goal weight : 190lbs (bulking)

lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol tasty :~p

They have salad there too.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by m0nkeh24 View Post
    healthiest way for subway... wheat bread with a meat choice like regular chicken or turkey, nothing covered in sauce... no type of sauces like mayo... and lots of veggies.. with maybe some yogurt for ur side... with water lol

+100000000 to chipotle, taste AMAZING..
    no

whats wrong with mayo?

tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tokelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    By healthy I'm guessing you mean low kcal? I always go for the lowest kcal option since I'm a fat kent and need to have a full stomach all the time. Turkey breast & ham with all vegetables and bbq or ranch sauce. Around 700-800kcal for a footlong if I remember correctly, it's been a while since I bought food from there.

toast24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can't post links yet but try googling Eddieoneverything Calorie Counter and designing your own sandwich using the subway link.

Generally:

bread
    meat
    bit of cheese (cheese has protein too you know)
    veggies

Top with:
    salt
    pepper
    bit of oil (if you need it)
    guac

Can be very creative / innovative and come with with some pretty good combinations. Nothing wrong with Subway IMO if you're careful.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your question implies a systemic misunderstanding about nutrition and thus I urge you read the relevant stickies at the top of the nutrition forum to learn the basics about the subject.

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Check out Subway's website. They have the macros of all their food. Pick what suits you best.
    Sports Science & Health Undergraduate

You don't always get what you wish for,
    You get what you work for.

Bite off more than you can chew,
    Then Chew it!

Twitter: @MarkGermaine

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hopsinrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Your question implies a systemic misunderstanding about nutrition and thus I urge you read the relevant stickies at the top of the nutrition forum to learn the basics about the subject.
    Healthy.... ie:
    - Low in cals so I can easily get other foods into my daily diet
    - Low in carbs
    - Low in sugars
    - Low in sodium
    - Low in saturated fat
    - High in protein (and a good protein:carb ratio)
    - High in fibre
    - High in vitamins and minerals

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Healthy.... ie:
    - Low in carbs
    - Low in sugars
    - Low in sodium
    - Low in saturated fat
    - High in fibre
    So you think "healthy" foods are foods that are likely result in malnutrition in combinations that you're likely to consume.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    meatball marinara is definitely the best. I use to have one every single day practically
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Healthy.... ie:
    - Low in carbs
    - Low in sugars
    - Low in sodium
    - Low in saturated fat
    - High in fibre
    Low in carbs?
    Low in sugar?
    Low in sodium?

go to wiki and find me the physiological function of everything that you said is unhealthy.
    and post a summary on this section

its for you to learn.

wiki is not a scholarly journal but they dumb it down for the average person pretty well

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Healthy.... ie:
    - Low in carbs
    - Low in sugars
    - Low in sodium
    - Low in saturated fat
    - High in fibre
    Ugh... Care to elaborate as to why you want them low?

Then Chew it!

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by germaine07 View Post
    cuz obviously if its low in all those its healthy(not srs)
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Low in calories to maximise me getting foods from a variety of sources but still meeting my daily calories i need to achieve to clean bulk.
    Low in carbs as generally these will not be complex carbs in Subway. Too much carbs is going to cause too much energy which will then be stored as fat.
    Low in sugar because this leads to lower levels of chromium, magnesium and B vitamins in the body. Too much sugar will also to improper immune system function, insulin problems and in the long run causes heart disease,diabetes etc
    Low in sodium because as a teenager it f*cks up my skin, causes water retention making me have a fat fat/double chin as well as making me look less lean
    Low in saturated fat - i would rather get my fat from monounsaturates! And anyway in a lot of the foods I eat, I am actually getting lots of saturated fat anyway (eg cheese) so from my point of view I would rather not eat much more as I don't want to go overboard on saturated fats.

Btw just want to clarify, I do not want foods with NO carbs, sugar, sodium saturated fat etc. Just to reduce/monitor/limit them rather than completely abandoning them.

Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    Low in carbs?
    Low in sugar?
    Low in sodium?

go to wiki and find me the physiological function of everything that you said is unhealthy.
    and post a summary on this section

its for you to learn.

wiki is not a scholarly journal but they dumb it down for the average person pretty well
    I said to lower them, not to abandon them. I know the benefits of them as well as the drawbacks. They still need to be part of my diet but in smaller quantities.

lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are bulking and you are a teenager. omg relax a little.

Low in calories to maximise me getting foods from a variety of sources but still meeting my daily calories i need to achieve to clean bulk.
    Low in carbs as generally these will not be complex carbs in Subway. Too much carbs is going to cause too much energy which will then be stored as fat.
    Low in sugar because this leads to lower levels of chromium, magnesium and B vitamins in the body. Too much sugar will also to improper immune system function, insulin problems and in the long run causes heart disease,diabetes etc
    Low in sodium because as a teenager it f*cks up my skin, causes water retention making me have a fat fat/double chin as well as making me look less lean
    Low in saturated fat - i would rather get my fat from monounsaturates! And anyway in a lot of the foods I eat, I am actually getting lots of saturated fat anyway (eg cheese) so from my point of view I would rather not eat much more as I don't want to go overboard on saturated fats.

Btw just want to clarify, I do not want foods with NO carbs, sugar, sodium saturated fat etc. Just to reduce/monitor/limit them rather than completely abandoning them.
    1. No complex carbs in subway? The whole sub roll is.
    2. Excess carbs don't get stored as fat, excess calories do.
    3. Sugar leads to improper immune system function? Where did you read this? I'm pretty sure glucose is very well utilised in the body.
    4. Insulin problems? Such as?
    5. Cause heart disease and diabetes? Wtf?
    6. How does sodium make you have a double chin? That's retarded.

Then Chew it!

I said to lower them, not to abandon them. I know the benefits of them as well as the drawbacks. They still need to be part of my diet but in smaller quantities.
    no u dont know the function. You really have no idea.

complex vs simple? what was the point?
    i guess fruits are bad cause they are simple carbs.
    your idea of carbs are wrong

sugar is bad? no. many b vitamins come from many, but not limited to, fruit sources which are high in sugar.
    your idea of sugar is wrong

sodium? sodium can be negated through higher intake of water.

if you are worried about sodium, subway should be the last place.

there is nothing wrong with saturated fat.

So no. You do not know about nutrition nor do you know about macros. The fact you have to ask a question about the

" healthiest sandwich at subway", already says you have no idea

"Too much sugar will also to improper immune system function, insulin problems and in the long run causes heart disease,diabetes etc"
    no

it doesnt. let me tell you about diabetes and heart disease.

most of this **** about saturated fat and sugar being blamed for health problems is a buncha ****.
    people are limiting their diets due to the inactivity they have in their daily lives which in combination with calorie dense foods that are not filling will lead to obesity.
    they lose blood sugar control cause they diet and lifestyle is ****.
    they have heart disease "from saturated fats" because they dont move.
    improper immune function because they are not active.

these dietary nutrients that do have a function in the body are getting **** on and being blamed. the public is becoming uneducated due to morons behind a desk talking about how they need to restrict these factors from their life before they even go out for a ****ing walk

Coronary artery disease prevention(a few)
    activity
    moderate diet
    moderate ALCOHOL drinking

Diabetes prevention(a few)
    activity
    moderate diet
    healthy bodyfat %
    Last edited by Delgadido; 03-24-2013 at 01:19 PM.

This is a joke, right?

handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) handaid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you are afraid of carbs just get a salad and don't get a sweet dressing.

Edit: semi-srs answer your most nutrient dense option will be a salad with roast beef and avocado

RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Anything with bacon, mayonnaise, and lots and lots of cheese for maximum flavor.

jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jedi-dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Surely you want a sub that will hit your specific macro needs, not the 'healthiest sub possible'.

1. No complex carbs in subway? The whole sub roll is.
    2. Excess carbs don't get stored as fat, excess calories do.
    3. Sugar leads to improper immune system function? Where did you read this? I'm pretty sure glucose is very well utilised in the body.
    4. Insulin problems? Such as?
    5. Cause heart disease and diabetes? Wtf?
    6. How does sodium make you have a double chin? That's retarded.
    Ok I am not arguing with you as you probably know better than I do. However with 3) I suggest you read:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...,d.d2k&cad=rja

Btw I will be using dextrose anyway postworkout for an insulin spike so i am already getting sugars.

4) I can't exactly remember the details but I read an article that it can just f*ck up your insulin. I will try and find the article now. On top of this, it would just raise my insulin too which preferably i would only want just after my workout. High levels of insulin would then make me want to crave more carbohydrates and could lead to carb levels going over my daily macronutrients.

5) http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1123132935.htm

6) Sodium causes your body to retain fluids as it causes inflammation. This makes your skin around your face swell.

^^^ Silly troll. ^^^

Ok I am not arguing with you as you probably know better than I do. However with 3) I suggest you read:

Btw I will be using dextrose anyway postworkout for an insulin spike so i am already getting sugars.

4) I can't exactly remember the details but I read an article that it can just f*ck up your insulin. I will try and find the article now. On top of this, it would just raise my insulin too which preferably i would only want just after my workout. High levels of insulin would then make me want to crave more carbohydrates and could lead to carb levels going over my daily macronutrients.

6) Sodium causes your body to retain fluids as it causes inflammation. This makes your skin around your face swell.
    They are associated with it because of lack of activity.

insulin spike is bull****.

sodium can cause water retention if you had a retarded amount of it
    it is associated with inflammation if you already have an underlying condition

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/89/6/1901.full
    Conclusions: We observed a linear association between an objective measure of sodium intake and serum CRP that may be influenced by confounding by body mass index. The magnitude of these associations suggests that dietary sodium consumption is unlikely to be an important modifiable risk factor for increased systemic inflammation.
    it can indirectly exacerbate problems such as inflammation because of pressure.
    properly functioning kidneys and adequate water intake will negate excessive sodium

Are you really trying to argue? you obviously know nothing about health and fitness.

If you arent going to listen to anyone and are trying to educate us with your false information you are a troll.

I'm not trying to argue with you. Just trying to get you to think a little bit more. There's a lot of misinformation regarding nutrition, which it seems you have fell victim to. Not your fault.

3. That's just some microsoft word document that anyone could have typed up. There's no references.

3.B. You don't need to spike insulin PWO. And anyway, protein is insulinogenic by itself.

4. A little bit of sugar isn't going to drive your insulin levels crazy, especially when consumed alongside fibre, protein or fat.

5. That's nothing to do with sugar.

6. Only if you eat drastically more than what you are use to. Plus, increasing potassium and water can help avoid this.

Then Chew it!

Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    They are associated with it because of lack of activity.

insulin spike is bull****.

sodium can cause water retention if you had a retarded amount of it
    it is associated with inflammation if you already have an underlying condition

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/89/6/1901.full

it can indirectly exacerbate problems such as inflammation because of pressure.
    properly functioning kidneys and adequate water intake will negate excessive sodium

Are you really trying to argue? you obviously know nothing about health and fitness.

If you arent going to listen to anyone and are trying to educate us with your false information you are a troll.
    Wow calm down man, I am listening to you. I am using the info you are giving me. If you read the very start of my last post I even said "Ok I am not arguing with you as you probably know better than I do". In fact, I am actually finding the information you are now telling me very useful and I am taking it on board.