Jilluminati has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting that summer bod

Hey there everyone. I'm brand new to this forum and would like to start off with a question regarding my abs. I have been working out for 3 and a half months now for 6 days a week with one rest day. I have had the goal of putting on as much mass as I can. When I first started, I was at 115-120 pounds. I am now 140-142. I have been eating as much as I can and have been using creatine/protein/L-Glutamine and a multivitamin. My gains have been pretty awesome (to me atleast). I have grown a noticeable amount in size and my strength gains are crazy. (chest, excluded. I seem to struggle in the chest area but am working hard to fix it.) I have always had a seriously skinny frame.

Now that you have some background/present time information, my questions are as follows: I am trying to build my abs up for the summer but still trying to gain as much weight as possible. I have been doing some research and it seems the best way to gain abs are of course ab workouts but primarily diet. My concern is if I were to do a diet focused on gaining abs, would I lose mass? because of my naturally high metabolism and skinny frame, should I just do ab workouts and try to avoid fattening foods and drinks? How can I gain the abs yet maintain a good amount of gains as far as mass goes? Any advice would be fantastic and I apologize if I have left anything a little vague. Thanks everyone!

P.S. I very rarely have done any ab workouts in this 3 months. I have also always been very athletic throughout my life.

erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jilluminati View Post
    Hey there everyone. I'm brand new to this forum and would like to start off with a question regarding my abs. I have been working out for 3 and a half months now for 6 days a week with one rest day. I have had the goal of putting on as much mass as I can. When I first started, I was at 115-120 pounds. I am now 140-142. I have been eating as much as I can and have been using creatine/protein/L-Glutamine and a multivitamin. My gains have been pretty awesome (to me atleast). I have grown a noticeable amount in size and my strength gains are crazy. (chest, excluded. I seem to struggle in the chest area but am working hard to fix it.) I have always had a seriously skinny frame.

Now that you have some background/present time information, my questions are as follows: I am trying to build my abs up for the summer but still trying to gain as much weight as possible. I have been doing some research and it seems the best way to gain abs are of course ab workouts but primarily diet. My concern is if I were to do a diet focused on gaining abs, would I lose mass? because of my naturally high metabolism and skinny frame, should I just do ab workouts and try to avoid fattening foods and drinks? How can I gain the abs yet maintain a good amount of gains as far as mass goes? Any advice would be fantastic and I apologize if I have left anything a little vague. Thanks everyone!

P.S. I very rarely have done any ab workouts in this 3 months. I have also always been very athletic throughout my life.
    diet and low bf fat = abs

Originally Posted by erockk View Post
    diet and low bf fat = abs

The thing is, I already have a naturally low body fat. Im trying to gain abs and get big at the same time and im worried a diet will neutralize that.

Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kostya1981 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    All bb based on bulking-cutting-bulking... and over again. Besides, 6/7 - you sure need extra food for recovery.
    Im like a dog, easy to understand english language, but hard to say )

Dont try to impose some one, all i have posted is only my POV

erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10) erockk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jilluminati View Post
    The thing is, I already have a naturally low body fat. Im trying to gain abs and get big at the same time and im worried a diet will neutralize that.
    eat clean and have low carb diet ~1 gram of protein per lb of body weight

sxxr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sxxr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sxxr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sxxr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sxxr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sxxr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sxxr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sxxr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sxxr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sxxr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sxxr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lean bulk time op
    bulking to 6'5"

Originally Posted by sxxr View Post
    lean bulk time op
    This sounds like what I was looking for. Could you possibly go a little more into detail as to what exactly that means?