DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Quick Critique, please-

Would you mind taking a look at this for me? This is my current training and eating:

Su: Lifting
    Mo: Two hours of Martial Arts
    Tu: 20 min for circuits which involve KBs and bodyweight, Two hours of Martial Arts
    We: Two hours of Martial Arts
    Th: Strength and conditioning workout
    Fr: Two hours of Martial Arts
    Sa: (active recovery day- martial arts but taking it easy)

Food: Chicken breast, sweet potato, rolled oats, asparagus, green peppers, cottage cheese, fish, Fish, FISH! Lot of water. Green tea. Protein shake after weights only.

Now I admit, I've been stressed out to hell so not sleeping well. I actually sometimes think I am eating way under calories. I seem to have plateaued. I don't want to add in more carido- but I'm thinking I might need to start adding in some running until its warm enough to try some HIIT outside. Goal was to continue to get stronger but I think its starting to interfere with dropping bodyfat. So now I want to maintain strength and drop the bodyfat since I can't do both.

I've been lifting and working out for two years now... I'm just now getting to the point where I want to really refine things and I want my muscles to show more. I'm fit, but the bodyfat is hiding the work put in.

And I know I need to sleep more but I have no control over that at the moment. I know that I am not going OVER calories... I'm thinking I might be way under.

Thanks...

Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DeCoors View Post
    Would you mind taking a look at this for me? This is my current training and eating:

Su: Lifting
    Mo: Two hours of Martial Arts
    Tu: 20 min for circuits which involve KBs and bodyweight, Two hours of Martial Arts
    We: Two hours of Martial Arts
    Th: Strength and conditioning workout
    Fr: Two hours of Martial Arts
    Sa: (active recovery day- martial arts but taking it easy)

Food: Chicken breast, sweet potato, rolled oats, asparagus, green peppers, cottage cheese, fish, Fish, FISH! Lot of water. Green tea. Protein shake after weights only.

Now I admit, I've been stressed out to hell so not sleeping well. I actually sometimes think I am eating way under calories. I seem to have plateaued. I don't want to add in more carido- but I'm thinking I might need to start adding in some running until its warm enough to try some HIIT outside. Goal was to continue to get stronger but I think its starting to interfere with dropping bodyfat. So now I want to maintain strength and drop the bodyfat since I can't do both.

I've been lifting and working out for two years now... I'm just now getting to the point where I want to really refine things and I want my muscles to show more. I'm fit, but the bodyfat is hiding the work put in.

And I know I need to sleep more but I have no control over that at the moment. I know that I am not going OVER calories... I'm thinking I might be way under.

Thanks...
    Well maybe thats it then start tracking. Thats a lot of activity to not be paying attention closely to your food intake.
    I have no idea what I'm doing, I just fkking do it.
    If it's hard that just means you need to do it more until it isn't.

~DSC~X~
    *AF Vet Crew**aeronautical science student*
    ♡beards♡

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You work out 2-3x more than the average lifter here and you think you need MORE cardio....?

If you are 5'4 and 166lbs when doing this activity, then you are totally underestimating how many calories you consume. Your food choices are less important, it's the amount that matters. I know you don't think you overeat but you are defying physics here.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Adding more cardio isn't the answer and it's not going to get you to your goals. You need to figure the proper amount of calories needed for your goal and keep track accordingly. Your lists of foods and drinking a protein shake after a workout doesn't mean anything...

Figure out calories needed and give yourself a balance of protein, carbs (more will needed for your style of training) and healthy fats throughout your day.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeCoors is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    You work out 2-3x more than the average lifter here and you think you need MORE cardio....?

If you are 5'4 and 166lbs when doing this activity, then you are totally underestimating how many calories you consume. Your food choices are less important, it's the amount that matters. I know you don't think you overeat but you are defying physics here.
    Typical day of food:

Half cup of oatmeal. Hemp, chia and flax thrown in it. Two eggs.
    2 Chicken breast. 1 Sweet potato. cup broccoli
    1/4 cup 0% fat greek yogurt
    1 Protein shake (only on days I lift)
    1/2 cup to 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
    Maybe 4 dried dates
    Green tea
    Water

That's about all the time I have to eat.

So if you're telling me I need to eat less than that...
    squat - 175
    bench - 130
    deadlift - 225
    overhead press - 100

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Adding more cardio isn't the answer and it's not going to get you to your goals. You need to figure the proper amount of calories needed for your goal and keep track accordingly. Your lists of foods and drinking a protein shake after a workout doesn't mean anything...

Figure out calories needed and give yourself a balance of protein, carbs (more will needed for your style of training) and healthy fats throughout your day.
    That's why I am oftentimes afraid to post on here- because I know I train very differently but I don't know of any other boards that have the same goals that I do in mind. This is about the closest.
    squat - 175
    bench - 130
    deadlift - 225
    overhead press - 100

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's why I am oftentimes afraid to post on here- because I know I train very differently but I don't know of any other boards that have the same goals that I do in mind. This is about the closest.
    From your other threads in the past you want to keep your strength, along with dropping some bodyfat. It comes down to calories being consumed based on the goal. Your nutrition will be key to the whole process...it doesn't matter what style training you choose.

It's important to understand it doesn't matter how much training/cardio you do. You will never be able to out train the wrong diet...
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Typical day of food:

Maybe 4 dried dates
    Green tea
    Water

I think you need to eat more.

My apologies for making this thread.

I am eating too much. I've been doing around 2000.

I guess I need to do 1600.

You're right, I'm wrong.

Thanks!
    squat - 175
    bench - 130
    deadlift - 225
    overhead press - 100

alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisap will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would suggest figuring out your macro needs and going from there. Track if you need to but don't become reliant upon a food tracker! Good luck!
    "The thrill of trying what doesn't seem possible...this is the place where fear meets faith and the face of God."

"you want results? then train like it."

Bench: 155 lb
    Squat: 245 lb
    Deadlift: 315 lb

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If that is what you genuinely eat (measured, weighed, tracked, without change every day or eating off plan on 'occasion') plus that much physical activity then you need to see a doctor and have some blood work done if you are still 166lbs after years... because it doesn't add up. You are measuring and weighing? Hemp seeds and flax seeds can easily bump up to 300 calories if not weighing, they are high in calories.

My apologies for making this thread.

I am eating too much. I've been doing around 2000.

I guess I need to do 1600.

You're right, I'm wrong.

Thanks!
    You shouldn't apologize, there is nothing wrong with your thread and nothing wrong with doing whatever fitness you love. But I think it's important to get an accurate assessment of what you are taking in - you may be completely off if not accurate. Do you have a digital scale?

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Typical day of food:

Maybe 4 dried dates
    Green tea
    Water

Where is your minimum 60g of fat coming from, because I don't see it here.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    If that is what you genuinely eat (measured, weighed, tracked, without change every day or eating off plan on 'occasion') plus that much physical activity then you need to see a doctor and have some blood work done if you are still 166lbs after years... because it doesn't add up. You are measuring and weighing? Hemp seeds and flax seeds can easily bump up to 300 calories if not weighing, they are high in calories.
    ???????????????

Where are you getting years from? I started out 20 lbs heavier about a year and a half ago. I said plateau... which means something currently, not a plateau for years... a plateau for years would certainly be indicative of something!
    squat - 175
    bench - 130
    deadlift - 225
    overhead press - 100

Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    Where is your minimum 60g of fat coming from, because I don't see it here.
    Cottage cheese, fish oil, eggs and chicken. I eat whole eggs, not whites.
    squat - 175
    bench - 130
    deadlift - 225
    overhead press - 100

MyBodyIsReadyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyBodyIsReadyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyBodyIsReadyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Cottage cheese, fish oil, eggs and chicken. I eat whole eggs, not whites.
    This, mine just like yours

I feel the need to add something else here. I really do think everyone is different in how they respond to things.

I weigh 166 but I am (to me) TINY for 166. I packed on a lot of muscle in that 20+ weight loss. My "fitness" is great. I've just hit this brick wall over the last two weeks. The biggest difference is insane stress in the last two weeks. But maybe I have lost enough now that I need to eat even less. I do know I do a lot of activity which is why I don't do some super cutting eating plan- I'd pass out. But I'm guessing it's time to go even lower than I am now. As long as I have energy to go to class and to lift safely, then I'm good.
    squat - 175
    bench - 130
    deadlift - 225
    overhead press - 100

???????????????

Where are you getting years from? I started out 20 lbs heavier about a year and a half ago. I said plateau... which means something currently, not a plateau for years... a plateau for years would certainly be indicative of something!
    Sorry, I don't mean to say you've been 166lbs for years, but genuinely 186lbs to 166lbs in 1.5 years indicates that your diet is off. So, if you are accurate about your diet, then you need to see a doctor about a medical condition. Adding more exercise isn't going to fix that.

I get the impression that you want to fix this with even more exercise. To others here (those with many years training, you've even got responses from some personal trainers, bodybuilders, etc), that isn't your problem. It's diet. Or a medical problem.

As Kim already said:

about the closest.
    From your other threads in the past you want to keep your strength, along with dropping some bodyfat. It comes down to calories being consumed based on the goal. Your nutrition will be key to the whole process...it doesn't matter what style training you choose.

It's important to understand it doesn't matter how much training/cardio you do. You will never be able to out train the wrong diet...

inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I feel the need to add something else here. I really do think everyone is different in how they respond to things.

I weigh 166 but I am (to me) TINY for 166. I packed on a lot of muscle in that 20+ weight loss. My "fitness" is great. I've just hit this brick wall over the last two weeks. The biggest difference is insane stress in the last two weeks. But maybe I have lost enough now that I need to eat even less. I do know I do a lot of activity which is why I don't do some super cutting eating plan- I'd pass out. But I'm guessing it's time to go even lower than I am now. As long as I have energy to go to class and to lift safely, then I'm good.
    How long have you been eating at a deficit? You mentioned in an earlier post that you started losing about a year and a half ago, correct? Have you been in a deficit all or most of that time? If so, I'd suggest a diet break before dropping calories lower. Take a couple of weeks at least and eat at maintenance. Then slowly drop calories again to get the scale moving.

Originally Posted by inbetweendays View Post
    How long have you been eating at a deficit? You mentioned in an earlier post that you started losing about a year and a half ago, correct? Have you been in a deficit all or most of that time? If so, I'd suggest a diet break before dropping calories lower. Take a couple of weeks at least and eat at maintenance. Then slowly drop calories again to get the scale moving.
    I did have a problem which finally went under treatment in Nov of this past year. That is when the scale really started to move. There was progress before but it made no sense because I was getting stronger and fitter but the scale wasn't really budging. I had an all out fight with my doctor about something they kept going about for 6 years but wouldn't treat because it wasn't "classic". It wasn't until I went the office screaming after three weeks straight of not being able to follow conversations and constant napping that I said "you dose this now, or I'm getting a new doc. Because we've tried everything else and it's now affecting my work life." Boom... three weeks later, I was a new woman and my performance in everything got better.

So yes, there was a medical condition, under control now. Things have been peachy. Just recently kind of hard to sort what is going on. Maybe I should just stop stressing. I look leaner than ever and my pants aren't getting tight, they're getting looser. I'm stressing probably for no reason. If I'm not going to compete right now, then let the process just do what it wants to do.

Thanks for your advice, ladies.
    squat - 175
    bench - 130
    deadlift - 225
    overhead press - 100