Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What can I do to boost up my calorie intake?

I started dieting a week ago because I am very overweight and I eat about 2700-2800 calories a day. I am trying to slim down a lot, but I haven't started running or working out just yet, due to some conflicts. So I cut down to 2200 and bought tons of food that my friends said were healthy (tilipia, chicken breast, some pasta/rice, egg whites, etc.) I pretty much eat meat and veggies with sometimes side of something like bread, pasta, or rice but my friend said to try to stay away from those.

I started out my first few days with getting used to counting it to get a general idea, and I ended up eating 1300-1700 a day but I couldn't do anything at the end of the day because I was TOO full. Now, I am doing the same and I'm scared that I'm doing damage to my body.

From Tuesday to Sunday last week, I ate 3531 calories total under my weekly goal of 2200 a day (which is -500 from my regular calorie intake a day). Yesterday I ate 1300 calories and today I ate 800 calories. I'm full as hell, what can I do to help myself out? Do I just start eating more carbs such as pasta and rice? Aren't carbs supposed to be bad?

ocelo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) ocelo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) ocelo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) ocelo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) ocelo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) ocelo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) ocelo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) ocelo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) ocelo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) ocelo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) ocelo7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you need to find your macro nutrient breakdown, look in the stickies for more info. I'd also recommend using myfitnesspal or something similar to track calories/macros. Now, if you are really having a hard time meeting your calories, just eat some calorie dense foods like peanut butter or drink your calories through milk/protein shakes. Carbs aren't bad, however you should first meet your fat/protein requirements before eating more carbs, imo.

FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10) FourHundred is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jacoobob View Post
    Aren't carbs supposed to be bad?
    I am fairly noob here but everything I read seems to pretty much say dont sweat it, eat those carbs and effin enjoy them!

800 calories? Bro that is just far too little. If you really honesty are feeling full all the time, just try to fit in some calorie dense foods into your meal plans or snacks. Nuts, peanut butter etc, are delicious and very calorie dense. Go ahead and eat bread, go ahead and eat pasta. If you consider yourself 'very overweight' surely you didnt get that way eating salads? Make sure you are getting your protien and fat then just eat whatever you want, including carbs.

Keep a healthy sustainable defecit, but yeah I would try to get your calories up to 2200 calories if that is a 500 defecit and that is what you are shooting for.

*Edit*
    ^ Also what he said.

late4work is on a distinguished road. (+10) late4work is on a distinguished road. (+10) late4work is on a distinguished road. (+10) late4work is on a distinguished road. (+10) late4work is on a distinguished road. (+10) late4work is on a distinguished road. (+10) late4work is on a distinguished road. (+10) late4work is on a distinguished road. (+10) late4work is on a distinguished road. (+10) late4work is on a distinguished road. (+10) late4work is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you are very overweight and you are full at a high calorie deficit dont worry about it. Make sure you are getting plenty of leafy green vegetables, lean proteins, a few fats from nuts, avocado etc.. take a good multi vitamin. You will probably have to add in a few calories as your workouts get more intense and you add cardio.

eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ocelo7 View Post
    you need to find your macro nutrient breakdown, look in the stickies for more info. I'd also recommend using myfitnesspal or something similar to track calories/macros. Now, if you are really having a hard time meeting your calories, just eat some calorie dense foods like peanut butter or drink your calories through milk/protein shakes. Carbs aren't bad, however you should first meet your fat/protein requirements before eating more carbs, imo.
    Came in to post this. No offence but your friends are clueless, I recommend you never listen to their advice again. The information on this site is the only information you need.
    http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator

Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How are you tracking? Are you weighing and measuring your food?

Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Giant_Killer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    EVOO is tasty

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Peanut better, Pizza, Ice cream, candy bars there are plenty of calorie dense foods you can eat.

nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by eloblivion View Post
    Came in to post this. No offence but your friends are clueless, I recommend you never listen to their advice again. The information on this site is the only information you need.
    x2

head over to the stickies, your friends are to clean to take advice from them and are probably eating egg white and oats as i reply.
    I REP BACK

Calories in vs Calories Out Bro
    IIFYM

NEBOSH

Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jacoobob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I see, thanks guys, I am definitely adding more calorie dense foods to my diet. But doesn't calorie dense foods also have a lot of fat? How can I find a balance between perfect calories and fat?

I am already using Myfitnesspal. I never usually meet the requirements for myfitnesspal either (Sugars, Carbs, Protein, etc). But I am learning slowly one at a time! Are the requirements on there accurate?

Eating a peanut butter sandwich now.

Originally Posted by Nosepull View Post
    How are you tracking? Are you weighing and measuring your food?
    Myfitnesspal. Yes I am weighing and measuring food, very accurately. I'm a little OCD (not really, just a perfectionist) so its exact. Well, not exact, but I try to have it pretty darn close.

nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I see, thanks guys, I am definitely adding more calorie dense foods to my diet. But doesn't calorie dense foods also have a lot of fat? How can I find a balance between perfect calories and fat?

I am already using Myfitnesspal. I never usually meet the requirements for myfitnesspal either (Sugars, Carbs, Protein, etc). But I am learning slowly one at a time! Are the requirements on there accurate?

Eating a peanut butter sandwich now.

Myfitnesspal. Yes I am weighing and measuring food, very accurately. I'm a little OCD (not really, just a perfectionist) so its exact. Well, not exact, but I try to have it pretty darn close.
    you need fat in your diet to remain healthy, hormone productive, brain functionality and much more.

aim for 0.4-0.5g of fat per pound of body weight.

ps I am already using Myfitnesspal. I never usually meet the requirements for myfitnesspal either (Sugars, Carbs, Protein, etc). But I am learning slowly one at a time! Are the requirements on there accurate?

NO THEY ARE NOT. Work your OWN out by reading the stickies.
    I REP BACK

Calories in vs Calories Out Bro
    IIFYM

NEBOSH

Belwas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Belwas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Belwas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Belwas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Belwas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Belwas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Belwas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Belwas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Belwas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Belwas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Belwas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It may take a little while but you will get the hang of it. I am OCD also and it kills me trying not to be too accurate when weighing food!
    Last edited by Belwas; 03-20-2013 at 03:15 AM. Reason: 'kin autocorrect..