Thread: I'm Torn...

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)

I'm Torn...

Part of me wants to cut, the other maintain, the other bulk...

I spent 98% of my life at around 18-20% bodyfat and lifted hard. I was always easily able to bench 330-350.. Squat around 500.. had close to 18 inch arms, etc.. But it came with heart burn, not much stamina (cardio wise), and body fat. Then I cut to about 180-185 at 13-15% bodyfat and 2 miles was a cake walk, I could still bench around 290, arms were 17ish, heart burn gone, but I constantly had to cut/bulk to maintain what I had, and I literally went insane thinking about food and what to eat, etc.. Then I cut to 168 around 9-10% bodyfat and never felt better.. could run a 6 minute mile easy, bench around 265, etc.. but I felt scrawny and was always hungry no matter how much I ate. And right now I'm back at 182... and can't decide which way to go. I feel like I need to go one way or the other, because I'm gonna lift regardless, and I'm gonna track macros/micros, so why not go up or down? If I cut for summer, I'll be cut up again, but I'll be starving and get bored like I did last year. If I bulk I'll probably put on un-wanted fat because I like to enjoy weekends. Meh. Thoughts?
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post

I spent 98% of my life at around 18-20% bodyfat and lifted hard. I was always easily able to bench 330-350.. Squat around 500.. had close to 18 inch arms, etc.. But it came with heart burn, not much stamina (cardio wise), and body fat. Then I cut to about 180-185 at 13-15% bodyfat and 2 miles was a cake walk, I could still bench around 290, arms were 17ish, heart burn gone, but I constantly had to cut/bulk to maintain what I had, and I literally went insane thinking about food and what to eat, etc.. Then I cut to 168 around 9-10% bodyfat and never felt better.. could run a 6 minute mile easy, bench around 265, etc.. but I felt scrawny and was always hungry no matter how much I ate. And right now I'm back at 182... and can't decide which way to go. I feel like I need to go one way or the other, because I'm gonna lift regardless, and I'm gonna track macros/micros, so why not go up or down? If I cut for summer, I'll be cut up again, but I'll be starving and get bored like I did last year. If I bulk I'll probably put on un-wanted fat because I like to enjoy weekends. Meh. Thoughts?
    You know what the right choice is. You just have to be honest with yourself. I'm a firm believer that we always know what we want but sometimes its easy to get influenced by outside motivators/simple pleasures.
    Little Miss Muffet
    Sat on a tuffet
    Eating her CURDS AND WHEY.

THAT'S RIGHT. SHES A F*KIN BRO

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SacredCASHcow View Post
    You know what the right choice is.
    Not really.. it's why I'm looking for opinions. I've literally achieved every goal I've ever gone after. Strength goals, weight goals, body fat goals, cardio goals, etc.. I'm just 30 and bored now honestly. I could go up or down at this point, as I'm healthy and still young-er.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50) SacredCASHcow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not really.. it's why I'm looking for opinions. I've literally achieved every goal I've ever gone after. Strength goals, weight goals, body fat goals, cardio goals, etc.. I'm just 30 and bored now honestly. I could go up or down at this point, as I'm healthy and still young-er.
    well are you a powerlifter? Basically once you start you can always find a new goal to achieve.
    Little Miss Muffet
    Sat on a tuffet
    Eating her CURDS AND WHEY.

THAT'S RIGHT. SHES A F*KIN BRO

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    what good is being cut if you are miserable and cant enjoy yourself socially?
    did you hear the story about the guy with the greatest six pack of all time?
    Only problem no one ever saw it but him because he had no time for the beach becuz he couldnt miss a training session.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If I cut for summer, I'll be cut up again, but I'll be starving and get bored like I did last year. If I bulk I'll probably put on un-wanted fat because I like to enjoy weekends. Meh. Thoughts?
    Cut til summer and bulk thru summer so you can enjoy more calories during summer months without feeling guilt.... Food for thought

IMO, anything beyond being relatively fit is just personal desire or pure vanity. Doing some bulking thru the summer months isnt gonna make you a complete fatass. Enjoy life.

Or maybe something cyclical like UD2... But, TBH, UD2 soundsway too extreme for my likings.
    Last edited by ASTRONOMICAL; 03-19-2013 at 10:22 PM.
    if anything has surprised me so far in my work, it's the complete disassociation between IQ and "exercise intelligence"

-Martin Berkhan

Americampton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Americampton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Americampton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Americampton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Americampton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Americampton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Americampton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Americampton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Americampton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Americampton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Americampton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ASTRONOMICAL View Post
    Cut til summer and bulk thru summer so you can enjoy more calories during summer months without feeling guilt.... Food for thought

IMO, anything beyond being relatively fit is just personal desire or pure vanity. Doing some bulking thru the summer months isnt gonna make you a complete fatass. Enjoy life.

Or maybe something cyclical like UD2... But, TBH, UD2 soundsway too extreme for my likings.
    ^ This is solid advice. You might as well enjoy summer! No sense in being miserable.
    Always learning.