Dougall90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dougall90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dougall90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dougall90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dougall90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dougall90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dougall90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How to Address Asymmetry?

I tore my left ACL my junior year of high school and I'm beginning to notice that I didn't take my rehab nearly as seriously as I should have. Five years later, though my knee is completely healed, my left leg muscles on whole are smaller than my right (not to mention I've developed arthritis and medial compartment disease in the right knee from overcompensating). It's not obvious right now, but I'm concerned that as I continue to build I'm going to exaggerate the discrepancy. How would you guys go about dealing with this situation-is anyone personally familiar with it? I'm fairly new into lifting and I'm not certain whether it would be to my advantage to work each leg individually on leg days and work my left leg at heavier weights on certain exercises or whether I can/should work them together and wait for the left leg to catch up.

magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Dougall90 View Post
    I tore my left ACL my junior year of high school and I'm beginning to notice that I didn't take my rehab nearly as seriously as I should have. Five years later, though my knee is completely healed, my left leg muscles on whole are smaller than my right (not to mention I've developed arthritis and medial compartment disease in the right knee from overcompensating). It's not obvious right now, but I'm concerned that as I continue to build I'm going to exaggerate the discrepancy. How would you guys go about dealing with this situation-is anyone personally familiar with it? I'm fairly new into lifting and I'm not certain whether it would be to my advantage to work each leg individually on leg days and work my left leg at heavier weights on certain exercises or whether I can/should work them together and wait for the left leg to catch up.
    watch this video, it might help? :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCkD_yyBWUQ
    East Coast Mecca
    http://bevfrancis.com/