Srandazzo93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Figure vs Bikini

Can someone explain the difference between figure competitions and bikini.

Also if someone who knows the difference can look at my pics and tell me what I am best suited for. I am naturally really muscular but also thin.

Thanks!

heatheraloo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Srandazzo93 View Post
    Can someone explain the difference between figure competitions and bikini.

Also if someone who knows the difference can look at my pics and tell me what I am best suited for. I am naturally really muscular but also thin.

Thanks!
    As far as IVe been able to tell, figure girls will have larger muscles, more definition. Judges don't want to see a lot of muscle on a bikini girl but both divisions of competitors should have low bf.

Figure girls for NPC will be judged on:
    Scoring – Judges will be scoring competitors using the following criteria:
    ◾Small degree of muscularity with separation, no visible striations
    ◾Overall muscle tone with shapely lines, overall firmness and not excessively lean
    ◾Full general assessment
    ◾Healthy appearance
    ◾Make-up
    ◾Skin tone

Bikini girls for NPC will be judged on:
    ◾Balance and Shape
    ◾Overall physical appearance including complexion, skin tone, poise and overall presentation.

Retrieved from NPC news online

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Figure wants a femininely muscular physique. A good V-taper, large round delts, and low body fat.

Bikini is more about flirtiness and being sassy, having a soft and lean figure with lots of emphasis on a big(-ish) round butt.

Based on your current pictures, you don't have the size for figure [yet]. You'd do well in bikini once you cut down. If you want to do figure, you need to spend a few years bulking and building the necessary muscle.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Lyndseyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    Figure wants a femininely muscular physique. A good V-taper, large round delts, and low body fat.

Bikini is more about flirtiness and being sassy, having a soft and lean figure with lots of emphasis on a big(-ish) round butt.

Based on your current pictures, you don't have the size for figure [yet]. You'd do well in bikini once you cut down. If you want to do figure, you need to spend a few years bulking and building the necessary muscle.

I was wondering the same thing, i can see that figure requires more muscle, what level of body fat would you be aiming for in Bikini? I know I need to gain some muscle but I've also been told I need to put on body fat? This seems contradictory - I thought it was important to be lean? Thanks!

EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Lyndseyd View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, i can see that figure requires more muscle, what level of body fat would you be aiming for in Bikini? I know I need to gain some muscle but I've also been told I need to put on body fat? This seems contradictory - I thought it was important to be lean? Thanks!
    Train for the look, not the #. Everyone's body fat varies on stage. It's about how you look. I've competed at as high as 15% before and as low as 10% - and that's for figure. I never, ever go by #s.

Originally Posted by EPolis13 View Post
    Train for the look, not the #. Everyone's body fat varies on stage. It's about how you look. I've competed at as high as 15% before and as low as 10% - and that's for figure. I never, ever go by #s.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm so new to this :-)

Registered User bestbodyforever's Avatar
    bestbodyforever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Interesting Question!!
    You may try to some competition area, where girls participated for their body building competition. so you will get right reviews from there.
    Thanks

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Lyndseyd View Post
    You may have been told to gain some fat to give you a softer/fuller look, especially if bikini is the way you want to go. It's definitely all about the look.

But to throw numbers out there...

Figure...anywhere from 7 to 12%
    Bikini....12 to 16%...maybe higher depending on how you distribute fat

Also note that this sport is all about illusion (i.e. posing). There are some women who will compete in both bikini and figure in the same competition, all they do is change their posing to give the illusion of the look that the judges want.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

You may have been told to gain some fat to give you a softer/fuller look, especially if bikini is the way you want to go. It's definitely all about the look.

Also note that this sport is all about illusion (i.e. posing). There are some women who will compete in both bikini and figure in the same competition, all they do is change their posing to give the illusion of the look that the judges want.
    I suppose it would take longer to prep for figure in terms of muscle gain?

Srandazzo93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wow, that is very interesting to know. Right now my body fat is 10 percent. I feel like I am too thin but when I look at pictures of previous NPC bikini winners, I feel like I am on track. Also I have noticed that Bikini competitors range in size. Some winners are very thin and frail looking while others are more bootylicious? volumtptious?. If you get my drift.

smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10) smiskell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Srandazzo93 View Post
    Wow, that is very interesting to know. Right now my body fat is 10 percent. I feel like I am too thin but when I look at pictures of previous NPC bikini winners, I feel like I am on track. Also I have noticed that Bikini competitors range in size. Some winners are very thin and frail looking while others are more bootylicious? volumtptious?. If you get my drift.
    I was around 10% for my show a few weeks ago. I think that one specific BF% can look very different from person to person, so focus more on how YOU look. Also, I do agree that there is a variety of bikini "looks" that are in the top three at each show. I believe it just depends on the preference of the judging panel at that show, very subjective. This can be frustrating but part of the bikini division, nothing you can do to try and really figure it out. Best think you can do is look YOUR best!