Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Would a staggered diet do anything?

I was wondering about this. For example, I'd have a schedule like this:

Monday - Lifting - 500 calorie surplus
    Tuesday - Off/Cardio - 1000 calorie deficit
    Wednesday - Lifting - 500 calorie surplus
    Thursday - Off/Cardio - 1000 calorie deficit
    Friday - Lifting - 500 calorie surplus
    Saturday/Sunday - Rest - 1000 calorie deficit both days

This adds up to a 2500 calorie deficit each week, so around 3/4 of a lb, which is a safe steady loss. My question is would this have any positive effect that I wouldn't get from simply doing a 400-500 calorie deficit each day? Would the 500 calorie surplus on the lifting day have any effect on muscle/strength gain or would it be offset by the deficit on the following day? Could this type of diet help to not damage metabolism through long term deficits, or would I still end up with the same plateaus due to metabolism changes? I've no idea on the science behind this kind of thing, it's just a thought I had today.

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nope.

...and Carlysdaddy camdensdaddy's Avatar
    camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Silvance1 View Post
    I was wondering about this. For example, I'd have a schedule like this:

Monday - Lifting - 500 calorie surplus
    Tuesday - Off/Cardio - 1000 calorie deficit
    Wednesday - Lifting - 500 calorie surplus
    Thursday - Off/Cardio - 1000 calorie deficit
    Friday - Lifting - 500 calorie surplus
    Saturday/Sunday - Rest - 1000 calorie deficit both days

This adds up to a 2500 calorie deficit each week, so around 3/4 of a lb, which is a safe steady loss. My question is would this have any positive effect that I wouldn't get from simply doing a 400-500 calorie deficit each day? Would the 500 calorie surplus on the lifting day have any effect on muscle/strength gain or would it be offset by the deficit on the following day? Could this type of diet help to not damage metabolism through long term deficits, or would I still end up with the same plateaus due to metabolism changes? I've no idea on the science behind this kind of thing, it's just a thought I had today.
    Not likely to make a difference. You're still in a deficit so you won't gain muscle but you'll lose fat...slower b/c your deficit is smaller.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    increase that deficit to 750 calories a day, 3/4 a lb is way too slow. A "plateau" is from overeating. Those slowdowns are relevant for those in deficits for months and months and months, or those who think they are in one but secretly overeating and lying about it, to themselves or others.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Silvance1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    750 a day? Don't you risk muscle loss at that level of deficit if you're not significantly overweight? I'm at about 17% bf right now and am working at a 500 calorie deficit. Is it safe to drop another 250?

...and Carlysdaddy camdensdaddy's Avatar
    camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) camdensdaddy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    750 a day? Don't you risk muscle loss at that level of deficit if you're not significantly overweight? I'm at about 17% bf right now and am working at a 500 calorie deficit. Is it safe to drop another 250?
    Until you get to sub 10% anything above 1000 is going to be alright if you're hitting your macros and lifting.

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    750 wouldnt hurt you
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you care about metabolism slowdown just have a weekly refeed/eat at maintenance 1 day a week . As serpent said, its being in a deficit for months and months that would make it a potential problem
    http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, you can have even -1000 and you are fine. You should be aiming for 1% bodyweight loss per week, dont dilly dally and waste time, get that cut over with.
    FWIW, im doing a 750 cal deficit and can still afford more, besides its easy to screw up a little deficit if you pig out one day.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?