Newbie31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are Sit-Ups A Good Abs Exercise? Are They Effective?

1. Do any of you still do Sit-Ups in your Ab workout?

2. Are Sit-Ups Effective & Are They More Effective than Crunches?

3. If They Are Effective, Can Somebody Post A Video or Link to A Video of “How to do a Proper or Correct Sit-Up”?

Thanks!

Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000) Tewsey is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I do them, well crunches. They are very effective. I currently do 300 a night. Some people find sit-ups to be more effective, but I personally prefer crunches.

chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Somewhat, add some weight to your crunches and sit ups = profit.

jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, I haven't performed a sit-up in 20 plus years so couldn't tell you if they are effective or not, however I can tell you weighted ball crunches, cable crunches and hanging leg raises are mighty effective.

Originally Posted by Tewsey View Post
    I do them, well crunches. They are very effective. I currently do 300 a night. Some people find sit-ups to be more effective, but I personally prefer crunches.
    And, no where near 300 a night are required if you are doing them right.
    **PUREBLOOD FOR LIFE CREW**
    -- A e s t h e t i c s C r e w -- E x t r e m e D i p s C r e w -- M i s c C a r C r e w ---
    **2004 Acura NSX**2017 Honda Civic Type R, BADGE #357**
    **2018 BMW X5M**2020 Toyota TRD PRO**
    **Sandwiches are made in the KITCHEN......ABS are built in the GYM!**

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Newbie31 View Post
    No.

No one.

No.

Originally Posted by jlsnyderTypeR View Post
    ... I can tell you weighted ball crunches, cable crunches and hanging leg raises are mighty effective.

And, no where near 300 a night are required if you are doing them right.
    ^^^^ These.

Of course, it goes without saying that you must have near-single-digit body fat levels in order for abs to be visible. That is attained with nutritional discipline; no amount of ab exercises will trim away the fat covering the abs.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Casali will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do core exercises. You will never have to do a sit-up or crunch again. Squats and deadlifts build all kinds of abs.
    Bench - 365x1
    squat - 415x1
    deadlift - 505x1
    weighted chinup 50x8
    weighted dip 125x7

Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Planks, side planks and russian twist with kettlebell are good for abs, dont forget your obliques they are just as important.

blackhatfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

3. If They Are Effective, Can Somebody Post A Video or Link to A Video of “How to do a Proper or Correct Sit-Up”?

Thanks!
    Crunches are safer than Sit ups, but both isn't effective in building the abs. They are a beginner exercise.
    What you need to focus on if you want a deep six pack is various leg raises. (Feet-to-bar, regular, and lying leg raises)
    The optional exercise would be cable crunches. (If your upper abs need extra work.)

I hope this helps.

gabeclark12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabeclark12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabeclark12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabeclark12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabeclark12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabeclark12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabeclark12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabeclark12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabeclark12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabeclark12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabeclark12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sit ups are very effective, if done right. Usally I do a quick set of situps and other ab routine every other day after my main workout.

2. They are effective, depends on what ab location your trying to target. Sit-ups is more of a full ab workout it targets almost the whole mid section evenly. Crunches is more of a upper ab workout. They are both really good workouts, but if your trying to limit your workout as much as possible, I would go with the sit-ups.
    3.I would go look on youtube, they have numerous videos on it. make sure you watch one that has alot of views and likes

Hope this Helps

KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50) KidAlchemy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like sit ups but I don't have an ab routine.
    Pokemon X and Y crew FC: 5215-0470-3034 (X)

ultrajer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ultrajer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ultrajer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ultrajer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ultrajer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ultrajer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ultrajer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ultrajer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ultrajer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ultrajer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ultrajer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Add weight to your sit ups!

TyJax81 is not very well liked. (-100) TyJax81 is not very well liked. (-100) TyJax81 is not very well liked. (-100) TyJax81 is not very well liked. (-100) TyJax81 is not very well liked. (-100) TyJax81 is not very well liked. (-100) TyJax81 is not very well liked. (-100) TyJax81 is not very well liked. (-100) TyJax81 is not very well liked. (-100) TyJax81 is not very well liked. (-100) TyJax81 is not very well liked. (-100)

Thanks!
    Google InShapeEasy and then click on exercises>>>abdominals then all of the abs exercises are there. Need to do core and ab exercises to get the six pack
    Ty Jackson http://www.isefitness.com/health-news-categories/personal-trainers