CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000)

Squat Form (Video)

Squat form check. I know I start to lean forward, was my last set of the night after 295x6.

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Knees shooting out over toes, weight is coming onto your toes and not staying on your heels. You are starting the movement by bending your knees, not by breaking your hips

Watch this http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD7BE939BB32B4CAB

Sit back onto your heels more, force your knees out the entire time and sit back more, not so much down.

CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000) CoryBlood is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks

whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000) whappend12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LimitStrength View Post
    Knees shooting out over toes, weight is coming onto your toes and not staying on your heels. You are starting the movement by bending your knees, not by breaking your hips

Sit back onto your heels more, force your knees out the entire time and sit back more, not so much down.
    This is true, BUT he looks as if he is squatting high bar... and if he is I dont really see a issue apart from him not going deeper.

tgk_pl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgk_pl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgk_pl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgk_pl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgk_pl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgk_pl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgk_pl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgk_pl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgk_pl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgk_pl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgk_pl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

This is multi-ply squat advice. There's nothing wrong with this form for the average squatter. All the big European squatters squat with this form in the IPF. Starting w/the knees first is totally fine.

Keep on keeping on.

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No it's not just geared squatting advice, it's basic squatting principles.

When your heels come off the ground you are relying on your quads too much. You can see his heels come up. Always keep the weight on your heels / mid foot.

There is a rule of thumb that goes something like during a lift, that which is loaded first, is loaded most during the lift. By starting the lift with the knees and not breaking at the hips you place all the stress on your knees.

By sitting further back you involve your posterior chain to a greater degree. If it was geared lifting advice I would say sit back withouut breaking at the hips as much as possible and widen your stance more.

But basic squatting principles remain largely similar, keep the weight on your heels, drive your knees out the whole time, and keep your chest up.

Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No it's not just geared squatting advice, it's basic squatting principles.

When your heels come off the ground you are relying on your quads too much. You can see his heels come up. Always keep the weight on your heels / mid foot.

There is a rule of thumb that goes something like during a lift, that which is loaded first, is loaded most during the lift. By starting the lift with the knees and not breaking at the hips you place all the stress on your knees.

By sitting further back you involve your posterior chain to a greater degree. If it was geared lifting advice I would say sit back withouut breaking at the hips as much as possible and widen your stance more.

But basic squatting principles remain largely similar, keep the weight on your heels, drive your knees out the whole time, and keep your chest up.
    It's hard to sit back into a high-bar squat. Depending on torso length it could compromise your positioning. High bar squats you should drop down rather than sit back. But still break at your hips.

Mode1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mode1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mode1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mode1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mode1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mode1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mode1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mode1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mode1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mode1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mode1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CoryBlood View Post
    Squat form check. I know I start to lean forward, was my last set of the night after 295x6.

What i can see is instability in the lower back, instability at he hips(movement of the knees, moving in and out, knees net to come more out when you go down), you have posterior tilt on the pelvic when you flex your hips and your lower back will get rounded.

You need to do stability exercise for the knees and the hips, strengthen out rotators in the hip(glut med and piriformis), stretch the hamstring muscles and gluteus muscles and strengthen the lower back to stop the posterior tilt on the pelvic.

Just what I see, hope it can help.

Originally Posted by Mode1 View Post
    What i can see is instability in the lower back, instability at he hips(movement of the knees, moving in and out, knees net to come more out when you go down), you have posterior tilt on the pelvic when you flex your hips and your lower back will get rounded.

You need to do stability exercise for the knees and the hips, strengthen out rotators in the hip(glut med and piriformis), stretch the hamstring muscles and gluteus muscles and strengthen the lower back to stop the posterior tilt on the pelvic.

Just what I see, hope it can help.
    Had some lower back problems that I'm almost done fixing. Just getting back into doing heavier weight again.