superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Shoulder clicking during pull ups

Hi all

For the past month or so my right shoulder has been clicking during pull ups. It happens during the eccentric on the way down. Chin ups make it click too, but not as loudly. It doesn't hurt all, it just makes a popping noise.

Is this bad? What can I do to stop it? Thanks for any help.

ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had clicking in my elbows during skullcrushers. In about a week, it turned into an injury, so I'm guessing this is a bad sign.

Make sure you exercise/rotate your rotator cuffs before any shoulder exercise, or pull-ups in your case. Also, your shoulders are prolly not ideal. Doing the exercises in this video should help you. They helped me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPm5dQ4_yhE
    "Lift light, until you can lift right!" Leave your ego out of it!
    Don't compare yourself to others. You're your own person.
    Lift, eat, then sleep. Rinse & Repeat.

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by superstylr View Post
    Hi all

For the past month or so my right shoulder has been clicking during pull ups. It happens during the eccentric on the way down. Chin ups make it click too, but not as loudly. It doesn't hurt all, it just makes a popping noise.

That's quiet normal and common, as long as you don't feel any pain you are fine. However, if you are worried you can get it checked.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by superstylr View Post
    Hi all

Clicking generally is from connective tissues stressing. Often, it's nothing...but, it can also be a sign of poor form or injury.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ramone2485 View Post
    I had clicking in my elbows during skullcrushers. In about a week, it turned into an injury, so I'm guessing this is a bad sign.

Make sure you exercise/rotate your rotator cuffs before any shoulder exercise, or pull-ups in your case. Also, your shoulders are prolly not ideal. Doing the exercises in this video should help you. They helped me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPm5dQ4_yhE
    Thanks for the video. But one of the exercises in that video, with the resistance band behind the head, that makes my shoulder click too.

Originally Posted by DivaJana View Post
    That's quiet normal and common, as long as you don't feel any pain you are fine. However, if you are worried you can get it checked.
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    Clicking generally is from connective tissues stressing. Often, it's nothing...but, it can also be a sign of poor form or injury.
    So two think it's probably ok, and one thinks it's bad. Hmm

Also I forgot to add that my right shoulder also clicks during lateral raises (in the eccentric).

womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Go to a sports/physio therapist & get it checked out. I had clicking because of a shoulder instability. It was tendons sliding across bones, they were not moving in the path they should have been. Now this is something that takes years & years, but from what he said, eventually it can cause the tendons to get tough & enlarge (like a callous). It was relatively easy to treat.

It could be other things too, I guess, Idk, not a doctor, that's why you should see one.
    Bender, part of being human is having self-control. -Amy Wong

Fat loss per month =
    Obese : 6-8%
    Moderately overweight: 4-6%
    Average: 2-4%
    Lean 1-2%
    Very lean .5-1%

^via female sticky on realistic goals

houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) houtexans23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i've had these problems with certain exercises as well.... it's been happening for about 4 months, and nothing has gone wrong, but it still worries me.
    Rockets - Texans - Real Madrid

Bump for any other opinions.

RonPaul2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RonPaul2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RonPaul2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RonPaul2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RonPaul2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RonPaul2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RonPaul2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RonPaul2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RonPaul2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RonPaul2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RonPaul2012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    everyone has clicking joints everywhere. Dont worry too much about it

take it easy