Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'0", 158 lbs
    SGAtlantis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit SGAtlantis's BodySpace

Splitting Headache Whenever I Do Push Ups

I can do anything else with no problems, but when I do push ups I get all messed up.
    If I do around 13-15 push ups I get this horrible headache in the top-middle of my head and the tendons in my neck ache.

The worst part is I have to wait about 3 days before I can do much of anything after that. When I go back in the gym and workout I will strain my head quickly and if I try and do more push ups it just gets worse. The pain lasts for about an hour or more.

Should I just stop doing push ups? Or is my form wrong? I am going down where my nose hits the ground and I try and keep my back as flat as possible, I am staring at the floor when I do them.

I went into the gym and did some tricep workouts after push ups and had to go home since the pain was so bad.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." -Albert Einstein
    You can do whatever the **** you wanna do!" - HodgeTwins

Stats: 6'2", 231 lbs
    Fizzik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fizzik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fizzik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fizzik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fizzik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fizzik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fizzik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fizzik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fizzik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fizzik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fizzik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit Fizzik's BodySpace
    Go see a doctor?

Stats: 6'0", 158 lbs
    SGAtlantis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit SGAtlantis's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Fizzik View Post
    Go see a doctor?
    My cousin is a doctor I'll ask him, but I don't know what he is going to do and I don't want to spend money on this.

Maybe it is my shoulder muscles, do you think they are just really weak or something? Would that do it?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." -Albert Einstein
    You can do whatever the **** you wanna do!" - HodgeTwins

Stats: 5'10", 175 lbs
    Ryanbsupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanbsupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanbsupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanbsupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanbsupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanbsupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanbsupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanbsupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanbsupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanbsupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ryanbsupreme has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Ryanbsupreme's BodySpace
    I had the same exact problem as you when I was younger, it just eventually went away, would be curious to know what caused it.
    "If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you got to know the password"

Marine Corps 03
    Roll Tide Nation

Stats: 5'7", 160 lbs
    Chase1995 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Chase1995's BodySpace
    Damn bro, definitely go to a doctor, and personally, I would not do any push ups until you do :P

Stats: 5'6", 170 lbs
    Haunt is just really nice. (+1000) Haunt is just really nice. (+1000) Haunt is just really nice. (+1000) Haunt is just really nice. (+1000) Haunt is just really nice. (+1000) Haunt is just really nice. (+1000) Haunt is just really nice. (+1000) Haunt is just really nice. (+1000) Haunt is just really nice. (+1000) Haunt is just really nice. (+1000) Haunt is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit Haunt's BodySpace
    Seems like you're tight as fuark. You might want to see a chiropractor.

Stats: 5'10", 167 lbs
    SteadyMirin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteadyMirin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteadyMirin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteadyMirin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteadyMirin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteadyMirin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteadyMirin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteadyMirin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteadyMirin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteadyMirin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteadyMirin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit SteadyMirin's BodySpace
    Avoid push-ups then? You probably have high blood pressure or some ****. Bend over for a minute or so and stand up quickly and see if it happens.