Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boobasaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squeezing the glutes

I want to protect my lower back and focus on activating my glutes during squats and deadlifts. When do I squeeze my glutes?

I found a forum post mentioning to squeeze only at the top/end of a deadlift but what about doing squats? Only when ascending? Or the top only? Or throughout?

I'll be doing bridges, going lower in squats and generally wider stances - are there any other general tips for activating the glutes more?

womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Activating your glutes is part of what initiates the concentric part, and they stay contracting until you're finished & your hips are fully extended.

lol, just do a good, intense butt squeeze in private & aim for that feeling anywhere you can during lifting. The exercises you listed are all good.
    Bender, part of being human is having self-control. -Amy Wong

Fat loss per month =
    Obese : 6-8%
    Moderately overweight: 4-6%
    Average: 2-4%
    Lean 1-2%
    Very lean .5-1%

^via female sticky on realistic goals