Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Owners of Body Solid Series 7 Smith Machine. Please Help!!!

I am interested in the BS Series 7 Smith machine but I have a few questions which I would appreciate your help on.

1. With the smith machine bar hung up at the highest level, can you guys still use the gun rack for squats and fit the olympic bar with 45 lbs each side. I mean is there room for the plates on the side to fit in the olympic bar without hitting the smith machine bar? I hope you guys understand what I am asking.

2. Is the lat pulldown smooth?

3. I notice there is no knee support for the lat pulldown, however, is it possible to improvise by using the smith machine bar or the olympic bar on the gun rack as the knee support?

Your reply is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Forum View Post
    I am interested in the BS Series 7 Smith machine but I have a few questions which I would appreciate your help on.

1. With the smith machine bar hung up at the highest level, can you guys still use the gun rack for squats and fit the olympic bar with 45 lbs each side. I mean is there room for the plates on the side to fit in the olympic bar without hitting the smith machine bar? I hope you guys understand what I am asking.
    You can do squats or any other exercise off the front gunracks as long as you don't leave any plates on the smith bar.

Is the lat pulldown smooth?
    Yes

I notice there is no knee support for the lat pulldown, however, is it possible to improvise by using the smith machine bar or the olympic bar on the gun rack as the knee support?
    My bench has a leg holddown attachment that I use.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    You can do squats or any other exercise off the front gunracks as long as you don't leave any plates on the smith bar.

Yes

My bench has a leg holddown attachment that I use.
    Reps for the help! May I ask what bench you are using? Also, is the range of motion on the lat pulldown good (allows full stretch of the arms)? Thanks.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Forum View Post
    Reps for the help! May I ask what bench you are using? Also, is the range of motion on the lat pulldown good (allows full stretch of the arms)? Thanks.
    I have a Bodysolid GFID 71 bench. The ROM is good for my height (5-8), this bench is not the lowest one ,so a lower bench would offer more ROM.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Thanks irongrandpa. Appreciate the reply.