Thread: Oatmeal water

ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Oatmeal water

Hi,

A thought has occurred to me while drinking my daily shake. Normally when I make my shake, I also add 25 grams of oatmeal (which I grounded to powder form) along with a full banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter. I have read online of some people mentioning 'oatmeal water' and I was wondered how it worked.

I conducted a little experiment where I added 25 grams of grounded oatmeal into a glass of water and let it sit overnight, and the next morning noticed the water to be very cloudy and it smelled like oatmeal (obviously.) I put the 'oatmeal water' into a shaker cup along with 25 grams of protein powder. After drinking it, surprisingly, the oatmeal water itself added a very 'natural and chalky' taste to the protein powder; it was not too sweet.

Anyways, I'm just wondering if anyone has any information on the nutritional value of 'oatmeal water' because I'm not a big fan of the oatmeal texture (which is why I drink it), but I always have a box in my house and would like to make use of it.

Thanks,
    "Who needs quads when you got swag."

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Why not just have something to eat that you do like, instead of dicking around with 'oatmeal water'?
    Delirious Mutant.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The is like coconut water, only not so, right?

ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by necon76 View Post

Why not just have something to eat that you do like, instead of dicking around with 'oatmeal water'?
    Because I liked the taste of it in my protein shake without any of the oats' texture and like I said above, I wanted to make use of it since I always have some available in my house. Why not experiment with what's available and try something different?

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    The is like coconut water, only not so, right?
    To be honest, I know about coconut water LOL.

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ajgen View Post
    Because I liked the taste of it in my protein shake without any of the oats' texture and like I said above, I wanted to make use of it since I always have some available in my house. Why not experiment with what's available and try something different?

Alright then, but I wouldn't imagine it has much nutritional value at all. Not enough to be worth factoring into your diet anyway.
    Delirious Mutant.

Notmichiba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So are you still consuming the oats in the end or do you just use water that once had oats in it to make your shake?

Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    MMmmMMMMMMMmmmmmMMMM, oatmeal water!

PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why not experiment with what's available and try something different?
    Cos I like girls.
    FKK - Elastic waisted jeans are fashionable too.

If you feel bench presses most in your spotter's biceps, you're doing it wrong

"Don't take diet advice from hippies" - Martin Berkhan

Originally Posted by Notmichiba View Post
    So are you still consuming the oats in the end or do you just use water that once had oats in it to make your shake?
    Today, I just added the water, but normally I would include the oats as well. It was just a one time experiment that I was really curious about.

Originally Posted by PR1MO View Post
    Cos I like girls.
    Oh u silly xD!!!

Alright then, but I wouldn't imagine it has much nutritional value at all. Not enough to be worth factoring into your diet anyway.
    Yeah I thought so, It was a crazyyy thought

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah I thought so, It was a crazyyy thought
    Sure was

AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm guessing 'oatmeal water' is basically the same thing as tea. Don't worry about counting it.

nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nradam123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nutritional value is the same.
    Nutrition wont change unless you are sprouting it or something, and oatmeals wont sprout lol.
    Just make sure you drink the water, because nutrients seep into it.

Registered User coconuttree2009's Avatar
    coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you like the taste of oats and want more nutritional value than in just water, you can make oat milk:

Step 1: Rinse and drain 1 cup of steel-cut oats. I’ve heard you can also use oat groats. Place oats into a bowl and cover with water. Soak for around 20 minutes. You can soak longer (even overnight) if desired. Not only does soaking help soften the oats, but it also makes them easier to digest.

Step 2: After soaking, rinse and drain the oats very well.
    l. This step is very important because you want to rinse off any of the oat slime that has occurred from soaking.

Step 3: Scoop oats into your blender and add 3 cups water. I prefer using 3 cups of water as opposed to 4 cups because it yields a creamier/thicker milk. Feel free to add more water if you wish, just know the more water you add the thinner your milk will be.

Step 4: Cover with lid and turn the blender on a low speed, increasing the speed gradually, and blend at the highest speed for about 8-10 seconds only. You don’t need to completely pulverize the oats.

Step 5: Place a fine sieve over a large bowl and pour the oat milk very slowly into the sieve. You might have to do this in a couple batches depending on the size of your sieve.

Step 6: With a spoon, gently push down on the oat pulp so the milk flows through. This helps push the milk into the bowl, leaving the oat pulp behind in the sieve.

Step 7: Scoop the oat pulp into a small bowl and set aside. Clean out your blender and sieve with a good rinse of water until no pulp residue remains.

Step 8: Place sieve over top of your blender and pour the milk in once again and strain.

Step 9: Rinse out the bowl and sieve once again. Strain the milk through the sieve into the bowl (optional).

300ml will be Calories: 135, Fat: 4.5g, Carbs: 19.5g, Protein: 3g

russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^ was patiently waiting for the entrance of actual milk. achieved great dissapointment and anti climax.
    My Men's RedPill Dating YouTube Channel

>>> http://bit.ly/_RedPill <<<

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Lulz.

Haven't seen ol' Bert posted lately. Had forgotten how funny, and relevant, he can be.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oatmeal water? Yeuuuch, sounds disgusting! I don't really like oats, so I grind them to powder with an MB and chuck a banana or two in, but oats just with water... no thanks.

Nonregistered Nonuser bustermac's Avatar
    bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds really gross. I also grind my oats into a powder in my food processor to add into shakes and pancake batter. Sometimes I add whole ats to PB whole wheat toast too.

I also use flaxseed meal...that's 30 cals a tablespoon with fiber and protein. Add it to everything...cant taste it.

If you don't enjoy your diet, you're not going to stick with it long term.