87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Can i build muscles on machine workouts?

I wont have access to free weights, will machines help me gain? i am at about 180lbs now i want to get up to 200...any help

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If that's all you have, then it's a moot point, because you can't use anything else. Use the machines, ans make sure you eat enough to gain weight.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

kenG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Can i build muscles on machine workouts?

Originally posted by 87GTVert
    I wont have access to free weights, will machines help me gain? i am at about 180lbs now i want to get up to 200...any help

Going from 180---->200lbs is one thing, but to actually gain 20lbs of LBM doesn't happen very quickly regardless of what equipment you use if you are a natural lifter.

Both machines and freeweight are capable of stimulating hypertrophy provided you have covered all the other bases(ie: nutrition, rest, vit/minerals, etc.)

Like Miloman said, since it's all you have, use it, but also make sure to follow a proper mass building diet.

87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 87GTVert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks guys, i already gained 30lbs of muscle since last year i was a 155lb twig...but i gained all the weight with free weights...i guess we'll see what happens. im taking creatine and protein too so hopefully that helps.

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Overload is overload. Progression is progression. Although free weights are best, your body doesn't know if the stress you put on it is coming from a machine or barbell. Just don't tell your body and lift heavy.

It's without a doubt better than doing nothing at all. Machines have their place and uses. Just don't let Skynet take over.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just curious as to why you don't have access to free weights, but you do have access to machines??

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by rurkster
    Just curious as to why you don't have access to free weights, but you do have access to machines??
    I'll bet it's because the gym or fitness center they use doesn't have any free weights (but tons of treadmills). You see this in a lot of apartment complexes, and whatnot. I stayed in a 4-star hotel a few weeks ago that had expensive machines in their workout center, but no free weights at all (so I just went for a swim, damn nice pool).
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Originally posted by rurkster
    my apartmet complex has a gym, but no free weights.

Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Stupid apartments. My last one had a nice remodelled gym but the only free weights were some dumbells. They had a bunch of silly machines. The apartment before that had an awesome little gym. They had a multistation with lat pull down, leg extensions, etc. but they also had a power cage with an olympic barbell and several hundred pounds of weights. The dumbells unfortunately topped out at 50 lbs, but otherwise it was a very capable gym for an apartment complex.

Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scaarub will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you can get your hands on free weights then they are best for adding mass. Machines are best for adding defenition and cables are best for etching little detail into the muscles
    It's not he who knows more that is the better lifter, it is he who puts into action what he knows.

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Scaarub
    Machines are best for adding defenition and cables are best for etching little detail into the muscles
    What? Are you being serious? Low BF% is what adds definition which is achieved by a proper cutting diet. That is, as long as you have some mass to cut.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

Message Board King holyshinto63's Avatar
    holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Scaarub
    if you can get your hands on free weights then they are best for adding mass. Machines are best for adding defenition and cables are best for etching little detail into the muscles

yeah that was some really bad information
    and what exactly is a dream, and what exactly is a joke?